Sen. Adams' proposal better than nothing

Full story: The Delaware Wave

For too long, U.S. Senator Thurman Adams has wielded the power that kept the quickly-growing eastern half of Sussex County from being equally represented in county government.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Joan Deaver

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2006

DON'T TRY TO TELL DISENFRANCHISED VOTERS THAT ADAMS' SENATE BILL 304 IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.
Senator Thurman Adams has not released House Bill 170 for a vote.
„« House bill 170 would add two at-large members to the Sussex County Council this year.
„« House bill 170 would increase the Sussex County Council from 5 to 7 members.
„« The two additional members will increase the chance that votes for increased development in the eastern, as well as other parts of the county will be given extended consideration, by their additional voices and thinking.
Senator Adams, will not allow HB 170 out of committee for a vote.
„« Instead he introduced Senate Bill 304 to add 2 districts, rather than an additional 2 members at large.
„« His bill would not take effect until the 2012 elections. That is a full six years away. Clearly that protects the current county council from any changes for a whole six years.
„« Six years is much too long to wait for a more balanced Sussex County Council.
We are sure Senator Adams has a reason why he has decided to ignore the large number of individuals who have asked him to bring HB 170 to the floor for a vote.
„« Clearly with his bill not having effect for six years, it leads one to speculate that he is stalling for time.
„« We¡¦d like to know what the motivation is for this obvious stalling tactic. We are inviting him to explain.
Please join us in asking the Senator this question and demanding that he release HB 170 to the floor for a vote.
He can be reached at Legislative Hall, PO Box 1401 Dover, DE 19903.
Dewitt Roseman

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/las73r8

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Georgetown Discussions

Search the Georgetown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Beach Bound Auto Sales (Oct '08) 10 hr Jay 19
In an effort to reduce the cost of public works... 19 hr Concern Tax Payer 1
Is Bridgeville Good for Kids? (Mar '09) Sun Dot 7
Bobby Jacobs sentenced to prison time (Jan '08) Jun 28 stephanie 86
what's the motive? Jun 26 stephanie 1
Milton approves fences for water tanks, other s... May '14 walkerwilliam91 1
Review: Pharmadel LLC May '14 Augusto Codero 1
•••
•••