Delaware short of nurses who speak Sp...

Delaware short of nurses who speak Spanish

There are 6 comments on the News Journal story from Oct 1, 2008, titled Delaware short of nurses who speak Spanish. In it, News Journal reports that:

Donna Reyes created one of her most valuable medical tools. A registered nurse who works with expectant mothers, Reyes filled eight pages of a spiral notebook with handwritten questions in rudimentary Spanish ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Journal.

Glen

Newport, NJ

#1 Oct 1, 2008
Not enough Nurses who speak Spanish ???
This is the United States of America or did we forget. Maybe we have too many Illegal Aliens !!!
Kim

Concordville, PA

#2 Oct 2, 2008
Local employers don't pay one extra dime for Spanish speaking skills, so where is the motivation to take classes to learn? And Glen, what makes you so sure the Spanish speaking people are here illegally?
Glen

Newport, NJ

#3 Oct 5, 2008
If these people were U.S. Citizens they would be required to speak some English in order to gain citizenship and besides If they don't they should not be here. We are already spending millions of tax dollars for medical on people that don't belong here let alone spend more money to teach hospital staff Spanish.
Andrew

Milford, DE

#4 Oct 5, 2008
Why not take the money that would be spent to teach workers Spanish and use it to help residents learn English. Teaching them English will allow them to help them become more productive members of society. There are plenty of volunteer organizations out there that would be willing to help. All it would take is a little organization and an open mind, the latter of which is less likely to occur.

Dover, DE

#5 May 24, 2010
Tell them not to work in Georgetown.
mike

Redwood Falls, MN

#7 Oct 21, 2010
spanish speaking people in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA should learn ENGLISH!! English speaking citizens of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA should not be expected to learn spanish to people to people that probably should not be here anyway. i dont know why a certain segment of our country ( libs ) constantly expect the majority to bow to the minority. ENOUGH OF THIS!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lake-based water opposed (Oct '11) Apr 27 Maude in Town 2nite 24
News Lake water needed for north Halton: Region (Oct '11) Apr 26 Crane on Trafalga... 26
Dont deal with Solar City whatever you do Mar '17 Tabasco sauce 1
Jack Morris has herpes and hepatitus (Aug '16) Mar '17 Nancy 3
agape flights of venice florida Feb '17 MARQUESS OF LANGFORD 1
hope you like this judy lachance because i did (Mar '09) Jan '17 Nogood 11
the real truth about the jews Dec '16 LEX LUTHER 1

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages