Vociferous Tech fans set the bar high

Vociferous Tech fans set the bar high

There are 1 comment on the The Delaware Wave story from Oct 4, 2006, titled Vociferous Tech fans set the bar high . In it, The Delaware Wave reports that:

With all due respect to fans of Indian River, Sussex Central, Cape Henlopen, Sisters of the Poor or any other school, I declare that the best football fans in our area are at Sussex Tech.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Delaware Wave.

SC Football Alum

AOL

#1 Oct 6, 2006
I can't totally.... disagree with you. Tech's fans are sold on their team for a reason....Tech's coaches are not swayed by politics, they put the best possible unit out on the field, and that is something a school can be proud of and get behind. I'm not sure about the other schools but SC has slowly crept back to their old ways of playing my "buddy's boy" just to make my buddy happy. When coach Wells first was installed as head coach at SC, Woody Long asked him to win and win quickly because everyone wanted this other coach. Mr. Long didn't go with the flow and took a chance. It worked immediately, and coach Wells put a quality product on the field that a community could get behind and feel great about. Now we have seniors who were starters last year, looking over their shoulders at "buddy's boy" and then the coaches are wondering why the senior suddenly has "happy feet". I'd have "happy feet" too knowing the coach's "buddy" will pick on his every mistake, just to get his son in. Now, granted "Buddy's boy" is not terrible, but he's not the best on the team now. Maybe next year but not now. I see it dividing the team and causing inconsistent play from the team. Fans from the past are thinking.... "Here we go again, back 20 years to the old days of SC football" If they don't wake up soon in about 4 or 5 years we'll be a (5-5) or (6-4) school again. Tech has a good fan base because they put their best boys, not "Buddy's boy", on the field for their school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesse Lee Fitzgerald Thu Steph F 2
organ harvesting Oct '17 OrganPharts 2
Seaford HS Soccer Star Runs over Police Officer... Oct '17 Pathetic 1
organ harvesting Sep '17 coco4u 1
Millsboro Music Thread Sep '17 Musikologist 1
News Lake-based water opposed (Oct '11) Aug '17 xpensive 2 clean 26
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Delaware (... (Nov '10) Jul '17 Support Phartss 5

Georgetown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Georgetown Mortgages