Hangtown

Sacramento, CA

#21 Nov 15, 2011
The original post by P'viller, and subsequent posts by P'viller, Yummy, et al, have it exactly right. On all counts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Happy in Hangtown

Rancho Cordova, CA

#22 Nov 22, 2011
The Pizza is great.The one person posting all this hate but using different names had a relationship gone bad with one of the practitioners there.There is a restraining order against him and the police will be called if he shows up there again.He had been reduced to spreading lies on Topix.Pathetic
Smith Flat native

Placerville, CA

#23 Nov 22, 2011
it's a good place with nice people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
bikes

Sacramento, CA

#24 Oct 10, 2012
Our bicycle group met there for dinner a couple weeks ago and won't go back. There was a crummy measly salad and dry burned pizza.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hangman

Placerville, CA

#25 Oct 10, 2012
Went there a couple of weeks back with my bicycle group.Everyone loved it except for one grumpy old fool that always comes along on our rides uninvited.He was complaining about the food when somebody recognized him and called the cops.It seems that one of the employees has a restraining order against him and he is not supposed to be going there or posting comments about the place.
bikes

Sacramento, CA

#26 Oct 10, 2012
Hangman wrote:
Went there a couple of weeks back with my bicycle group.Everyone loved it except for one grumpy old fool that always comes along on our rides uninvited.He was complaining about the food when somebody recognized him and called the cops.It seems that one of the employees has a restraining order against him and he is not supposed to be going there or posting comments about the place.
Different group. In our group we all agreed. No cops involved.
Mike Esteb

Davis, CA

#27 Dec 3, 2012
bikes wrote:
Our bicycle group met there for dinner a couple weeks ago and won't go back. There was a crummy measly salad and dry burned pizza.
The side salads are small but also inexpensive and fresh,made with local produce.As far as the pizza goes.It is a thin crust crispy style that may seem burned to those who aren't familiar with anything but chain store pizza.If your pizza was truely burned I wonder why you didn't just send it back.The few times that I have had trouble with anything there they have been more than accommodating.The pizza I have eaten there has always been great
there too

Placerville, CA

#28 Dec 7, 2012
Mike Esteb wrote:
<quoted text>The side salads are small but also inexpensive and fresh,made with local produce.As far as the pizza goes.It is a thin crust crispy style that may seem burned to those who aren't familiar with anything but chain store pizza.If your pizza was truely burned I wonder why you didn't just send it back.The few times that I have had trouble with anything there they have been more than accommodating.The pizza I have eaten there has always been great
It was, we did. Ours wasn't. You don't have to be a salad & pizza gourmet to recognize something crummy or burned.
Mary Taylor

Folsom, CA

#29 Dec 12, 2012
Went there last week and the pizza was great.Not sure what this previous poster is talking about.We had a delicious pie and an order of the Manhattan Mussels.MMMMMM. I would try is out rather than taking the word of someone who didn't like the style of his pie.Some people like Domino's.That is their preference.All the reviews I have read have been glowing as well as a recent review in the Mountain Democrat.They have done a super nice remodel if anyone remembers how the building used to be.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hangtown

Placerville, CA

#30 Dec 14, 2012
Mary Taylor wrote:
Went there last week and the pizza was great.Not sure what this previous poster is talking about.We had a delicious pie and an order of the Manhattan Mussels.MMMMMM. I would try is out rather than taking the word of someone who didn't like the style of his pie.Some people like Domino's.That is their preference.All the reviews I have read have been glowing as well as a recent review in the Mountain Democrat.They have done a super nice remodel if anyone remembers how the building used to be.
Burned is not a "style".
Old Hangtown

Auburn, CA

#31 Dec 24, 2012
Good food and good atmosphere.I would rather have my beer served in a glass rather than a mason jar.They do that at that Toby Keith bar in Folsom too.Why do people think that's cute nowadays? Luckily drinking right out of the beer bottle is fine with me.The only part of my food I didfn't like was the home made bread on my Pannini was a little crombly.Kinda like cornbread.They get extra points for making it themselves but I wasn't a huge fan of the bread.Everything else was great.
jack s

Kent, WA

#32 Feb 11, 2013
Good wine selection and great pizza.it's a little cramped downstairs but the outside seating during the summer is beautiful
Hangman

Placerville, CA

#33 Apr 2, 2013
Dinner downstairs so-so. The place stinks of damp mold, disgusting. Owner struts around acting like a celebrity. Café Mahjaic for me.
Henry Moss

Kent, WA

#34 Apr 4, 2013
Hangman wrote:
Dinner downstairs so-so. The place stinks of damp mold, disgusting. Owner struts around acting like a celebrity. Café Mahjaic for me.
Cafe Mahjaic? LOL .Now I should start another thread about that dump.Talk about a horses ass of an owner.I like more selection too and don't like the dinners that are picked out for you by someone with no taste buds...and,would it hurt to clean the place now and then.What a filth pit!!! The owner of the Smith Flat House is an ass though and we can agree on that.I do like the atmosphere during the summer in the outside seating area and the Pizza.
diner

Placerville, CA

#35 Jun 27, 2013
Had a horrible meal there a few nights ago. Agree the stink downstairs is not exactly appetizing. We had tried the outside pizza, not so great, but decided to try the inside dinner. Not a repeat.
Fine Diner

Concord, CA

#36 Jun 29, 2013
diner wrote:
Had a horrible meal there a few nights ago. Agree the stink downstairs is not exactly appetizing. We had tried the outside pizza, not so great, but decided to try the inside dinner. Not a repeat.
How many name can one guy use? What exactly is your problem with this place? It is pretty pathetic how you keep trying to bash this place under all these different names. Why don't you just grow up?
smithy

Placerville, CA

#37 Jul 4, 2013
Definitely the best business and restaurant ever in that location....nice patio atmosphere and great pizza
CAB

Placerville, CA

#38 Jul 6, 2013
smithy wrote:
Definitely the best business and restaurant ever in that location....nice patio atmosphere and great pizza
Nice try John, but no cigar.
High Plains Biker

Ely, NV

#39 Nov 4, 2013
Don't listen to the panty waist crying about her burnt pizza.I had an excellent pizza there while I sat in their patio area.Don't listen to me though,go check it out.They do have some ding bat woman running the bar though.I think that she is of the opinion that this place is for her personal friends to hang out.They need to ditch her because she is bringing the place down
Hillman PD

United States

#40 Nov 7, 2013
P-viller wrote:
Be careful. Do your research before you entrust your body and health to any of the quacks at Smith Flat House. Look into the background and malpractice history of the "doctors" there, and the "healers" associated with them. "Non-surgical" practice = suspended hospital priviledges/no hospital priviledges. PS - the pizza is usually burned.
What exactly are you saying? I have been there and had no problem.Who should I watch out for and why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgetown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving to placerville?? Mon dje27 1
Review: Brookside Dental - Phuong-Lien Ngo DDS (Oct '10) Dec 9 Satisfied 3
Placerville police arrest man for child molesta... Dec 7 Hater 4
Review: Automotive Excellence Auto (May '09) Dec 6 Realistic 7
Artist Thomas Kinkade died suddenly of natural ... (Apr '12) Oct '14 Karen Ettien 23
El Dorado County--follow the money Oct '14 fran duchamp 1
7-year-old injured at home-built firing range i... Sep '14 Little Ricky 1
Georgetown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Georgetown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Georgetown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Georgetown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News