Body Found In Car Submerged In Hoover...

Body Found In Car Submerged In Hoover Reservoir

There are 76 comments on the WTVN-AM Columbus story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Body Found In Car Submerged In Hoover Reservoir. In it, WTVN-AM Columbus reports that:

Genoa Township police are investigating a body found in a car that was removed from Hoover Reservoir Wednesday afternoon, near the intersection of Maxtown and Sunbury roads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVN-AM Columbus.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CPrell

Bangor, ME

#1 Nov 6, 2008
RIP Tony, RIP
JUSTICE 4 TONY LUZIO!!!!!!!!!
guest

Zanesville, OH

#2 Nov 7, 2008
it wasn't Tony that they found. it was another man, missing since Nov.'05 from the same area, who also had a honda civic. his name was Mohamed Rihani. RIP Mohamed.
Tony, we still hope that somehow you return safely to your family.
John Smith

Aachen, Germany

#4 Nov 10, 2008
i don't believe this story.Mike Rihani was a serious and honest gentelmen. there is three other cases to clear. the same car "Honda Civic " and until the same condition. The security in the region is a question without an answear we need yet to know wha about the Missed Brian schaeffer and Tony Luzio
guest

United States

#5 Dec 4, 2008
Tony Luzio went missing July 05 Julie Popovich Aug 05 Mohamed Rihani Nov 05 and Brian Shaffer April 06. Mohamed was just found at Sunbury Rd and Maxtown. The I D Julie had on her was found at Sunbury and Smoothers just a block south. Im sorry but I dont believe Mohamed commited suicide. He lived right by the olentagy river so why drive about 20 miles away to Hoover to drive your car in? I believe the cases are linked because all the sites in the Popovich and Rihani cases had to be known by the attacker. I have been following all these cases for years and the one problem is that nobody is trying to tie these cases together. Maybe because they have the wrong guy in the Popovich case. Adam Salehs appeal is coming up so i hope the truth comes out soon. Theres no way Adam being from Texas would know the Hoover area especially at night. Same with Mohamed. I living not that far from Hoover dont even know it that well. When i learned exactly where they found Julie (behind a little shed just across the resevoir) one can only conclude the person knew right where they were taking her. I feel the same for Rihani. They found his car because they were pulling the boat docks in Nov.. So was he and his car put in there by someone after they pulled the docks that Nov of 05 ? Then nobody would be around and not find his vehicle until the next spring. So maybe Mohamed was bipolar but I read he went to work that day. Why wouldnt he drive into the olentangy or some place closer to home? If you see where they pulled his car you wouldnt think he did it himself. I guess after three years there isnt much else to rule with the evidence but hopefully they wont leave it at that. I hope more searching is done in the hoover area but I prayer for Brian and Tony

“embrassed buckeye fan”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 6, 2008
I spoke to a friend I went to high school with who and was one of the officers on the scene for Genoa twnsp said He tied himself up. The car was found in
neutral. The cars was sealed off with no windows open or anything. He told me no fish of anything was able to chew away the the body so he looked like a big body of foam and geew. He said it was one of the worst things he has scene since Popovich's body was found a month after she went missing behind a little electrical booth about 6 foot by four foot right before the woods on Smothers road about 200 yards east of Schott road. I and my other friend looked at the scene a day after the police left. You can clearly see and smell where she was placed. The grass that was about two - two and a half feet tall was brown and greasy with allot of flies. I cried for a while and though who can do this to such a pretty young girl. I hope Matt S gets the fucking chair.
guest

United States

#7 Dec 6, 2008
Who is Matt S? I believe Mohamed was tied up and roll into Hoover then. Who ties themself up and rolls into the water? I to know where they found Julie and the person who killed her behind that shed had to know the area. There is a gravel drive next to the shed that would not be noticed at night since it is very dark. I drove by it at night and thought it had to be done by someone that knows that area like the back of there hand. Same with whoever killed Mohamed. Adam Saleh did not kill Julie Popovich. HE wasnt even wearing the outfit of the man last seen talking to her at the bar. She had to have left highly intoxicated with someone that knew the hoover area. If they tie these case together than it would just prove that they have the wrong guy in prison. Who would admit to that? Adams appeal hearing is Jan 6 and the truth is coming out. I hope more people get involved and show support to solve these cases in town for all our safety. How many more young people have to go missing and be found by hoover before something is done?

“embrassed buckeye fan”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 Dec 7, 2008
guest wrote:
Who is Matt S? I believe Mohamed was tied up and roll into Hoover then. Who ties themself up and rolls into the water? I to know where they found Julie and the person who killed her behind that shed had to know the area. There is a gravel drive next to the shed that would not be noticed at night since it is very dark. I drove by it at night and thought it had to be done by someone that knows that area like the back of there hand. Same with whoever killed Mohamed. Adam Saleh did not kill Julie Popovich. HE wasnt even wearing the outfit of the man last seen talking to her at the bar. She had to have left highly intoxicated with someone that knew the hoover area. If they tie these case together than it would just prove that they have the wrong guy in prison. Who would admit to that? Adams appeal hearing is Jan 6 and the truth is coming out. I hope more people get involved and show support to solve these cases in town for all our safety. How many more young people have to go missing and be found by hoover before something is done?
I ment Adam S. I have a birthday to go to today and its my buddy matt's. So I had one thing on my mind andd typed it on accident. The friend who I was with lives at the south end of Schott Rd. His dad and other Franklin County Workers who mow and plow snow found her. They never got the reward.
guest

United States

#9 Dec 7, 2008
The reward was offered by Joe Mammana for the person who reported the killer. Look what happened to Joe when he wouldnt pay up before Adam was convicted. Nobody believes Adam did this. Well everyone that knows the facts. There is no evidence especially physical evidence pointing at Adam. In court they said he strangled her in front of Ledos and put her in his trunk. Read the court transcript and its a big joke. The cell phone expert from S. Carolina testified that Adams cell phone never left the campus area that night. He didnt even have a car after leaving the bar. How did he get her 18 miles away? In his time machine? Read the facts. Justice will be searved

“embrassed buckeye fan”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#10 Dec 7, 2008
guest wrote:
The reward was offered by Joe Mammana for the person who reported the killer. Look what happened to Joe when he wouldnt pay up before Adam was convicted. Nobody believes Adam did this. Well everyone that knows the facts. There is no evidence especially physical evidence pointing at Adam. In court they said he strangled her in front of Ledos and put her in his trunk. Read the court transcript and its a big joke. The cell phone expert from S. Carolina testified that Adams cell phone never left the campus area that night. He didnt even have a car after leaving the bar. How did he get her 18 miles away? In his time machine? Read the facts. Justice will be searved
Facts are that Adam S is a piece of shit who
was a person of intrest in previous rape case. Didnt he rape a 40 year old woman in 05? I can get to campus from Westerville in 17 minutes
guest

United States

#11 Dec 7, 2008
Thats interesting you said the men that found Julie live at the south end of Schott Rd because I dont see on the witness list any person at the end of Schott Rd... Why did they not testify to finding her and the positioning of her body? Why are they not on the witness list? I would think they would be key witnesses. Look who collected reward money in this case. People that changed their initial story and inmates. The truth is coming out. The lead detective retired the day Adam was sentenced and then an appeal was not filed by the deadline. Fortunately the appeal was filed and the truth is coming out. You will get justice Julie. You are not forgotten
guest

United States

#12 Dec 7, 2008
He did not rape that women. It was thrown out. After that was dropped they had nothing on him. How are you a person of interest when you willingly give your DNA fingerprints and lie detector test. Im sure the real killer wouldnt do that. Theyd ask for an attorney first. So tell me what evidence they have on Adam?
guest

United States

#13 Dec 7, 2008
For a retrial the workers that found her should testify under oath. I will make a note of that. Thank you for the info on that.I was trying to get more info on who found her and their statements. Little has been said about them and what they saw there behind that AEP post. It appears she was killed behind there and drug into the taller grass next to the bean field. There has got to be DNA and that will also be key in solving this case.

“embrassed buckeye fan”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#14 Dec 7, 2008
guest wrote:
Thats interesting you said the men that found Julie live at the south end of Schott Rd because I dont see on the witness list any person at the end of Schott Rd... Why did they not testify to finding her and the positioning of her body? Why are they not on the witness list? I would think they would be key witnesses. Look who collected reward money in this case. People that changed their initial story and inmates. The truth is coming out. The lead detective retired the day Adam was sentenced and then an appeal was not filed by the deadline. Fortunately the appeal was filed and the truth is coming out. You will get justice Julie. You are not forgotten
First off he cant on the clock in a goverment job. The South end off Schott road dead ends after two hills. When you get to the stop sign at central college look at the farm hous whith all the farns at 2 o'clock west south west about three hundred yards away. That is thge mans home who found her with his mowing crew.
guest

United States

#15 Dec 7, 2008
I am very familiar with schott rd by now and so is everyone.... I find it odd that you know so much about these cases meaning Julies and Mohameds without knowing either person. What is your interest in the details? Why did you visit Julies crime scene after the police left and why did you want to know the details of Mohameds remains? If you could clearly see where julies remains lay then tell me how she was positioned? Lets just see how much you know.......

“embrassed buckeye fan”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#16 Dec 13, 2008
guest wrote:
I am very familiar with schott rd by now and so is everyone.... I find it odd that you know so much about these cases meaning Julies and Mohameds without knowing either person. What is your interest in the details? Why did you visit Julies crime scene after the police left and why did you want to know the details of Mohameds remains? If you could clearly see where julies remains lay then tell me how she was positioned? Lets just see how much you know.......
First off cock smoke there was only a dozen or so out there. I have friends every where from Akron - Upper Michigan to Columbus. I went to WNHS class of 1998. I was there with others and some residents after the cops left. You could clearly see were she was postioned about 8 feet or so away from a metering station. The grass around the area was high and from the brown grease mat in the grass you could only really she where the stomach area was. That is probably the big brown spot. Anyone with common sense knows that. You don't need to be a cop. Now on the Mohamiad what ever guy. I have a friend in Geona PD who gave me some the details. The police are ruling it a suicide. Sorry you don't agree with the pro's but I do have great faith in the law enforcement of this area. Vesner is the man who found her with his crew. He was pretty upset for a while. I can see why. Secondy one of my wifes bridesmaids worked at a Max and Erma's with Popovich. To bad that Adam faggot piece of shit had to kill a innocent woman. She was a a pretty woman who probably had a lot to look forward to. Turns out the Adam kidd knew someone off of Harlem road so he does know that area. GET A LIFE.
guest

United States

#17 Dec 15, 2008
Pros? HA!!!!! Adam Saleh did not kill Julie Popovich. 100% sure of that. Read the FACTS in the case. How do you rule Mohameds death suicide if he tied himself up? How does one tie themself up and roll into the resevoir? Julies real killers obviously lives in the hoover area. DNA will get him....
facts

United States

#18 Dec 15, 2008
Adam Saleh had a friend whos uncle lived by Hoover resevoir. That uncle doesn't think he did it at all.
Max and Erma's employees thought it could possibly have been done by someone that new Julie was going to Ledo's because of a co-workers birthday party.
When Julie first went missing Justin Webb said he saw her hanging around and left with a guy in a blue polo. Thats not what Adam Saleh was wearing that night.
Many things were not reported to the media.
I don't believe tabloid magazines either.

“embrassed buckeye fan”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#19 Dec 18, 2008
guest wrote:
Pros? HA!!!!! Adam Saleh did not kill Julie Popovich. 100% sure of that. Read the FACTS in the case. How do you rule Mohameds death suicide if he tied himself up? How does one tie themself up and roll into the resevoir? Julies real killers obviously lives in the hoover area. DNA will get him....
Did you know that he als o was a manic depressive and not taking his neoronton.
facts

Columbus, OH

#20 Dec 20, 2008
Give up in defending these cases MR FIGHTFAN. Manic doesnt mean suicidal. Its also reported he worked that day so he couldnt have been off balance too much. Also if he WAS messed up so bad how ironic that he choose the same area they found Julie Popovich 20 miles away from his home!!!! We all believe the other suspect in the Popovich case (not reported to the media) IS the real killer and responsible for Mohamed, Brian Shaffer and possibly many other cases.
Stayed tuned to the Popovich case. Theres NOTHING on Adam Saleh for the rape and murder of Julie. Looks like the detective that framed Adam was released from THE CAMPUS ARSON case. Seems as though he was trying to frame a kid in that one too! they had to release that kid after the prosecution didnt have the evidence to charge him with those murders. Nice try Mike Mccann... Well you got Adam and we dont know how you sleep at night knowing what happened to Julie and the real killer is still stalking people!!!!! Early retirement when Adam was convicted wont hide the truth. Oh what a web was woven..........TOO bad the truth has been leaked out all over town and people are getting involved however they can
facts

Columbus, OH

#21 Dec 20, 2008
Mr FIGHTFAN makes a better suspect than Adam Saleh. I mean you know the hoover area pretty well. especially SCHOTT RD. Julie was found at SCHOTT and smoothers and the ID was found at Sunbury and smoothers. The real killer must have taken it out of the back pocket of her jean skirt since her skirt was turned around backwards and placed it in that boating area the next day when nobody was watching - to make police believe she was in the water.
You also know somebody that worked with Julie. They were out for a coworkers bday. Theres more circumstansual evidence with you than Adam. Oh well- not gonna bother spilling anymore facts because theres not one lawyer, private investigator or anyone thats seen the FACTS in the case believe Adam did this. Nice try though FIGHTMAN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James L. Lenke (Feb '08) Feb '15 roy 2
Review: Mann Technologies (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mann Technologies 1
News Lemoyne Baptist Church slates creationism author (Jun '10) Apr '14 SurferJoe 35
News Sheriff: Victim recovering in Hancock Co. biker... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Dave 2
Geor ge Zimme rman back on trial (Sep '13) Sep '13 Logan Sonneborn 1
News Beck awarded the Dressel Memorial Scholarship (Apr '13) Apr '13 Larraine Dressel 1
Missing person (Apr '13) Apr '13 Needs some help 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Genoa Mortgages