Teenager driver sentenced to communit...

Teenager driver sentenced to community service - The Park Record

There are 22 comments on the Park Record story from Dec 13, 2011, titled Teenager driver sentenced to community service - The Park Record. In it, Park Record reports that:

The 16-year-old driver who struck Silver Creek resident Lacey Picard on September 5 was sentenced to 175 hours of community service and placed on probation by a judge on Friday, a sentence that is much too light according to Lacey's father, Hans Picard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ted V

Boston, MA

#21 Dec 15, 2011
Judge for sale wrote:
So how much do you have to pay to have your irresponsible actions forgiven? She shouldn't be able to drive until 21 at least. It's really sad...
Moron do you even read the article you so quickly comment on? she DID lose her license till she was 21.
Manchild

Draper, UT

#22 Dec 16, 2011
Lacey has lost her life, so sad but true. In cases like these, involuntary manslaughter should be the default charge, then the penalty might have matched the crime. I' m not a proponent of this young woman doing jail time, but 160 hrs of community service, that is insulting to justice. How about 5000 hrs of community service. And the gall of the father to argue that 2 weeks of jail ime would interfere with her studies. Lacey, an incredible healer and person, will most likely never recover, and he's worried about 2 weeks of missed geometry and english. It is this incredibly selfish attitude that led to this accident. I think the judge should have sentenced the parents too for their complete lack of responsible parenting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genoa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duncan Hines Cake Mix Jan '17 Colonel Sanders 2
News Clarks Woman Dies in Three-Vehicle Accident (Jan '15) Jun '16 wondering 3
Indian artifact hunting (Jul '12) Jun '16 pow wow 4
Searching for Birthmother! Please help! (Jun '16) Jun '16 Kmahoneybsw 1
BEWARE of Whitney Micek (Jan '16) Apr '16 Dustin Pfeifer 4
News Highway 92 Road Project and Detour (Jun '13) Apr '15 driver 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Apr '15 neutral 103

Genoa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Genoa Mortgages