First glimpse of victims in Geneva's double murder

Flowers and candles placed on the doorstep of the home, where a mother and daughter were murdered. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Penny

Bealeton, VA

#1 Nov 22, 2009
it never has been a good section of town....Geneva as a whole has gone downhill in the past 20 yrs, it was bad enough in the 80s when I went to school there, I would never walk alone there at night....ever
Vannie

Canandaigua, NY

#3 Nov 22, 2009
It's too bad this mother gave a parolee (convicted of a previous assault) the time of day. Perhaps that fact was kept from her - I don't know. We all know some people can seem "normal" and then go off unexpectedly. His past history would have been the only tip-off. I'm glad the son wasn't home or there might be three dead.
timmy

Auburn, NY

#4 Nov 22, 2009
Small parts of Geneva are worse than many big cites. Granted they are not as big ghettos and only amount to a few blocks. There is no difference between the Geneva ghetto and any other city other than size.
Ithaca mon

Geneva, NY

#5 Nov 22, 2009
timmy wrote:
Small parts of Geneva are worse than many big cites. Granted they are not as big ghettos and only amount to a few blocks. There is no difference between the Geneva ghetto and any other city other than size.
you don't know Geneva, you might want to think this wat but your wrong. there are no GHETTOS in GenevaNY.
Some neighborhood might not be up to the middle class suburbnia standary but not even close to to a ghetto, I doubt yoou know what a gheto is
CityRes

Rochester, NY

#6 Nov 22, 2009
Ithaca mon wrote:
<quoted text> you don't know Geneva, you might want to think this wat but your wrong. there are no GHETTOS in GenevaNY.
Some neighborhood might not be up to the middle class suburbnia standary but not even close to to a ghetto, I doubt yoou know what a gheto is
I know what a trailer-park is, and these none in the City of Rochester.
Portia

Chicopee, MA

#7 Nov 22, 2009
Ithaca mon wrote:
<quoted text> you don't know Geneva, you might want to think this wat but your wrong. there are no GHETTOS in GenevaNY.
One can't help but wonder where Ithaca Mon received his/her education. Sentence structure, spelling, grammar and punctuation are appallingly deficient. Can this possibly be attributable to the <cough> high caliber standards demanded by the Geneva school system?
Grandma

Rochester, NY

#8 Nov 22, 2009
City Res. you better go back to school. "I know what a trailer-park is and these none in the City of Rochester".
Vannie

Canandaigua, NY

#9 Nov 22, 2009
Grandma: City resident is too busy trumpeting his ownership of the city to go back to school. Gee - I hope no one comments on how much of the city is kind of like a trailer park anyway. The issue here really is whether or not parts of Geneva are dangerous. I'm sure they are, but it was a person with violent tendencies and no impulse control that caused this tragedy. Whether he came from a trailer park is kind of beside the point.
sozy

Ashburn, VA

#10 Nov 22, 2009
Ithaca mon wrote:
"Charter's homes" Geneva is mostly bad with a few good neighborhoods... Ontario county sends all of it's wellfare recipients there to keep them out of Canandaigua.
motherof2

Syracuse, NY

#11 Nov 22, 2009
This kind of crime can happen anywhere, not just in bad neighborhoods in Geneva. We should not be ignorant. Neighborhood watches are important to have. Maybe some good will come out of this tragedy, maybe make more awarness for other people in domestic violant situations, to get out or do background checks of people that are new in their lives. I hope that justice will be served.
pawnbroker21

Westwego, LA

#12 Nov 23, 2009
It,s a shame Geneva will never change ! lived there in the 50,s and 60,s charter homes and border city were the pits then and still remain that way.
i pray they catch the garbage that did this and that what family i have there move the hell out of there.the druggies and the crooks have taken over
GOD HELP YOU ALL
hyla

Trenton, NJ

#13 Nov 23, 2009
I grew up in Geneva and most of my family is still there. Blanket statements are ignorant and "Charters Homes" has nothing to do with this case. I love Geneva and it has a lot of wonderful things about it. Why do people have to turn this into a Geneva issue? The suspect isn't even from there. Wake up...this could happen anywhere. The tragedy isn't where it happened but that it happened at all. God help us!
Geneva Mom

Waterloo, NY

#14 Nov 25, 2009
Thank you to hyla!! I've lived in Geneva for 14 years and work in the school district here. I have 3 children and love this community. This "man" who committed these horrible murders isn't even from Geneva so I'm not even sure why everyone is coming down hard on Geneva. Yes, we have our problem areas, but what community doesn't? Trailer parks do not breed trash either. All people who live there do not commit crimes and many of them are there trying to better their situation. Some trailer parks are quite nice but may not fit in with your snobbish ideals. This is not a case of "your city is better than mine". It is a case of a tragedy that should not have happened. All of you who are bashing on each other and on my community have missed a valuable lesson in your life...love your neighbors and treat others as you would like to be treated. There is too much hate in this world for people to be perpetuating hatred as a result of tragedy.
pammyg

Malvern, PA

#15 Dec 1, 2009
thank you geneva mom! i do not understand how it has been inculcated in our society that persons who live in trailer parks or lower socio economic areas of a community are more inclined to make poor choices about whom they become involved with or in any other aspect of their lives.

this was a single mom raising two children and she lived where she could afford to live. this atrocity could have occurred in any area of the city and the purported murderer could have lived anywhere. to infer anything else is calloused and those of you doing this are missing the point as geneva mom stated in her comment.
Tony

Seneca Falls, NY

#16 May 31, 2011
Hey. I live here in geneva. it is pretty bad over at charter homes but thats just the way downtown area. I live in what we call uptown geneva which very peacful and quiet and fun. Noone say its the whole city, because its not. its just that one little part of town.
Trey

Crestview, FL

#17 Jun 4, 2011
Comment for Penny from Virginia, Did you ever had a child from a guy named Hector??
uramoron

Rochester, NY

#18 Jun 7, 2011
CityRes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what a trailer-park is, and these none in the City of Rochester.
Actually there was a triler park on Scottsville Rd across near the old olympic park on the other side. This one was in real bad shape. don't know if it is still there.
uramoron

Rochester, NY

#19 Jun 7, 2011
Geneva Mom wrote:
Thank you to hyla!! I've lived in Geneva for 14 years and work in the school district here. I have 3 children and love this community. This "man" who committed these horrible murders isn't even from Geneva so I'm not even sure why everyone is coming down hard on Geneva. Yes, we have our problem areas, but what community doesn't? Trailer parks do not breed trash either. All people who live there do not commit crimes and many of them are there trying to better their situation. Some trailer parks are quite nice but may not fit in with your snobbish ideals. This is not a case of "your city is better than mine". It is a case of a tragedy that should not have happened. All of you who are bashing on each other and on my community have missed a valuable lesson in your life...love your neighbors and treat others as you would like to be treated. There is too much hate in this world for people to be perpetuating hatred as a result of tragedy.
Thank you for an intelligent post. I as a single mom also lived in a trilor for 8 years. It was affordable and offered more privacy than an apartment. The streets were safe for the kids to ride bikes. We had a nice yard & vegetable garden & flowers. I am tired of trailor parks & those who live in them getting a bad rap. Yes there were some who doidn't take care of their lots 7 weren't there for long, but the majority of those who lived there were families trying to make ends meet and were working.
Misunderstood

Somersworth, NH

#20 Sep 14, 2011
This post really got me angry. I lived in charters home from the time I was a little girl until I graduated high school. I now reside in Long Island Ny. I have been to places where I have not felt safe in this world, and Charter home in Geneva is not one of them. I hate when people say something is not safe when they have not experienced it. Charters homes was such a lovely place with beautiful people in it. It is considered bad because that is where most of the blacks reside, that is not fare to us, I use to hate that we were stereotyped in that way. When I was growing up I wanted some of th "white" people who thought it was so bad to come and experience it, because at the end of the day it is not as bad as they thought. Just like we have bad people in Charters we have bad people all over Geneva, just not Charters or downtown, they are everywhere. Don't be stupid. I wish I can give people in Geneva a taste of the real ghetto here in NY, everybody who ever thought Charters was bad would change their minds.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21 Sep 14, 2011
hyla wrote:
I grew up in Geneva and most of my family is still there. Blanket statements are ignorant and "Charters Homes" has nothing to do with this case. I love Geneva and it has a lot of wonderful things about it. Why do people have to turn this into a Geneva issue? The suspect isn't even from there. Wake up...this could happen anywhere. The tragedy isn't where it happened but that it happened at all. God help us!
geneva is a beautiful city. i'll always remember fondly the times that i spent there. it's a place where children can play safely outside and the elderly can stroll safely up and down the streets without fear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geneva Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From prison to pulpit (May '09) Feb '15 sickened 5
News Three State Parole Officers Under Arrest (Sep '14) Feb '15 Streetrunner 11
News Six reasons why Rochester must care about huge ... Feb '15 Ralph 3
Review: First Love Church Of God's Revealed Truth (Dec '12) Jan '15 ryan 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Geneva, NY (Jul '11) Dec '14 Brian_G 21
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '14 I voted Zornow 3
News Notice of Public Hearing: Town of Romulus, New ... (Jul '12) Oct '14 Site Investigations 2
Geneva Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Geneva People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]