Danish Imam Condemns Cartoon Violence

Danish Imam Condemns Cartoon Violence

There are 614 comments on the ABC News story from Feb 10, 2006, titled Danish Imam Condemns Cartoon Violence. In it, ABC News reports that:

Imam Ahmed Abu Laban rubs his eyes before speaking at Friday prayers Friday Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

First Prev
of 31
Next Last
Eugene Rinzler

AOL

#1 Feb 10, 2006
Leonard Pitts really said it like it was about the followers of Islam . I envy the clarity of his exposition and agree wholly with his sentiments. Mr. Pitts, I think you are the best.
Maria Herrera

Oak Park, IL

#2 Feb 11, 2006
After watching the Muslim reaction to some cartoons in a newspaper, I believe Democracy and Islam do not mix. There have been other times in Islamic history when Mohammud has been shown in pictures by Moslems, I've seen them. This is about intimidation by Moslems, not about religious belief at all. I have lost respect for modern Islam.
Christian wrote

Woodbridge, VA

#3 Feb 11, 2006
Maria Herrera wrote:
After watching the Muslim reaction to some cartoons in a newspaper, I believe Democracy and Islam do not mix. There have been other times in Islamic history when Mohammud has been shown in pictures by Moslems, I've seen them. This is about intimidation by Moslems, not about religious belief at all. I have lost respect for modern Islam.
Ye here you go moslim, hear what she saying.
Lie Hunter

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

#4 Feb 11, 2006
Maria Herrera wrote:
After watching the Muslim reaction to some cartoons in a newspaper, I believe Democracy and Islam do not mix. There have been other times in Islamic history when Mohammud has been shown in pictures by Moslems, I've seen them. This is about intimidation by Moslems, not about religious belief at all. I have lost respect for modern Islam.
and do not mix here either
read it
http://www.cphpost.dk/get/93855.html
Hippy

Coquitlam, Canada

#5 Feb 11, 2006
I lost respect for Islam when they became clear in their intentions. TAKING OVER THE WORLD by intimidations, threats, all out terrorism and now this. Any excuse for angry people to get angrier and start violence because all they want to do is have conflict as they are just not happy with their lives and are very confused to what Muhammed is all about. Any muslim who protects Muhammed is exactly what you are viewed as by the rest of the world and pedophile would definately be one of those things. This is not a real prophet and never has been. It is a figment of someones imagination who wanted control and to instill fear into individuals. It is part of their poor leadership skills and this is the only way to get their point across, and that is by using religion, bombs, planes, burning flags, destruction of property that does not belong to them as well as any other violence they can think of. Muslims are sad pathetic people with no values or morals. Muslims should stay in muslim land and stop spreading your sick twisted Qu'ran on the rest of the world who just doesn't care for your shit.
Lie Hunter

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia

#6 Feb 11, 2006
Hippy wrote:
I lost respect for Islam when they became clear in their intentions. TAKING OVER THE WORLD by intimidations, threats, all out terrorism and now this. Any excuse for angry people to get angrier and start violence because all they want to do is have conflict as they are just not happy with their lives and are very confused to what Muhammed is all about. Any muslim who protects Muhammed is exactly what you are viewed as by the rest of the world and pedophile would definately be one of those things. This is not a real prophet and never has been. It is a figment of someones imagination who wanted control and to instill fear into individuals. It is part of their poor leadership skills and this is the only way to get their point across, and that is by using religion, bombs, planes, burning flags, destruction of property that does not belong to them as well as any other violence they can think of. Muslims are sad pathetic people with no values or morals. Muslims should stay in muslim land and stop spreading your sick twisted Qu'ran on the rest of the world who just doesn't care for your shit.
SUMMERY OF YOUR POST>>>>>> >>RUBBISH
Camel Vangelist

San Francisco, CA

#7 Feb 11, 2006
Lie Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>

SUMMERY OF YOUR POST>>>>>> >>RUBBISH
I agree MUHAMED AND ISLAM === RUBBISH
bulls eye

Ottawa, Canada

#8 Feb 11, 2006
Camel Vangelist wrote:
<quoted text>

I agree MUHAMED AND ISLAM === RUBBISH
I agree . Mohammed was a false prophet. He was robbing caravans, robbing his own people. Pedophile who in his opium induced trip "heard" God speak. He used that to justify his perverted, sycotic behaviour.
sam

Belgium

#9 Feb 12, 2006
bulls eye wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree . Mohammed was a false prophet. He was robbing caravans, robbing his own people. Pedophile who in his opium induced trip "heard" God speak. He used that to justify his perverted, sycotic behaviour.
bulls eyes ... or a bulls ass ... which one r u ... i think the later
muslim

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#10 Feb 12, 2006
Camel Vangelist wrote:
<quoted text>

I agree MUHAMED AND ISLAM === RUBBISH
You are the one that is RUBBISH as you professed that you are christians, yet u don follow what the bible says
im2nice4islam

UK

#14 Feb 12, 2006
Politically Incorrect Guide to Beslam ....not for the weak stomach.....it's to anger you with what islam does to babies and children.

http://www.fomi.nu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php...
search for the truth

Qatar

#15 Feb 12, 2006
im2nice4islam wrote:
Politically Incorrect Guide to Beslam ....not for the weak stomach.....it's to anger you with what islam does to babies and children.

http://www.fomi.nu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php...
just another missleading site
hey wake up ,be fair when searching ,we are fed up with such nonesense sites which are filled with hatered .
lets discuss points that could lead us to a better understanding .
im2nice4islam

UK

#16 Feb 12, 2006
search for the truth wrote:
<quoted text>

just another missleading site
hey wake up ,be fair when searching ,we are fed up with such nonesense sites which are filled with hatered .
lets discuss points that could lead us to a better understanding .
Fair? You want us to keep it quiet and hidden what muslims do to children? I didn't put this site up for muslims....I put it up to remind non muslims what muslims do. I will for the rest of my life, if that is what it takes.....expose muslims and islam. There's millions of "me" out there.
search for the truth

Qatar

#17 Feb 12, 2006
Hippy wrote:
I lost respect for Islam when they became clear in their intentions. TAKING OVER THE WORLD by intimidations, threats, all out terrorism and now this. Any excuse for angry people to get angrier and start violence because all they want to do is have conflict as they are just not happy with their lives and are very confused to what Muhammed is all about. Any muslim who protects Muhammed is exactly what you are viewed as by the rest of the world and pedophile would definately be one of those things. This is not a real prophet and never has been. It is a figment of someones imagination who wanted control and to instill fear into individuals. It is part of their poor leadership skills and this is the only way to get their point across, and that is by using religion, bombs, planes, burning flags, destruction of property that does not belong to them as well as any other violence they can think of. Muslims are sad pathetic people with no values or morals. Muslims should stay in muslim land and stop spreading your sick twisted Qu'ran on the rest of the world who just doesn't care for your shit.
please don't mix up terrorism with islam we've said that several times.
the rest of your post is your opinion ,but you could have said in a more respect way .
search for the truth

Qatar

#18 Feb 12, 2006
im2nice4islam wrote:
<quoted text>

Fair? You want us to keep it quiet and hidden what muslims do to children? I didn't put this site up for muslims....I put it up to remind non muslims what muslims do. I will for the rest of my life, if that is what it takes.....expose muslims and islam. There's millions of "me" out there.
Isalm has nothing to do with such things though they were done under the name of Islam ,and they'll be punished by God I'm sure.
and please stop spreading hate ,we have enough of it every where.
AND YET THERE MILLIONS OF NON MUSLIMS OUT THERE WHO OPPOSE YOUR WAY OF THINKING .
im2nice4islam

UK

#19 Feb 12, 2006
search for the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
please don't mix up terrorism with islam we've said that several times.
the rest of your post is your opinion ,but you could have said in a more respect way .
With a name like, search for the truth, you can be sure there isn't any.
Nicky

Astoria, NY

#20 Feb 12, 2006
search for the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
please don't mix up terrorism with islam we've said that several times.
the rest of your post is your opinion ,but you could have said in a more respect way .
How does one talk about terrorism in a respectful way? People have tried giving Islam a fair chance and now that it has turned on us...those chances are over. You have only yourselves to blame now. The moderates among you were not strong enough or just too lazy to deal with the extremists. Even today, all you can tell us is that Islam is peaceful while riots, murders, and death threats go on in the name of your religion. The days of appeasement and giving in are over. I have my son's future to think about and I don't want him dealing with muslim extremists...I want those extremists dealt with NOW!
Nicky

Astoria, NY

#21 Feb 12, 2006
search for the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Isalm has nothing to do with such things though they were done under the name of Islam ,and they'll be punished by God I'm sure.
and please stop spreading hate ,we have enough of it every where.
AND YET THERE MILLIONS OF NON MUSLIMS OUT THERE WHO OPPOSE YOUR WAY OF THINKING .
So this is your answer to the extremists among you...God will punish them? Not good enough.
im2nice4islam

UK

#22 Feb 12, 2006
Nicky wrote:
<quoted text>

So this is your answer to the extremists among you...God will punish them? Not good enough.
It's their way of saying....leave us alone...we like beheading others....we love blood on our hands but don't tell anyone.
DaneToo

UK

#23 Feb 12, 2006
Nicky wrote:
<quoted text>

So this is your answer to the extremists among you...God will punish them? Not good enough.
whenever there is a Muslim doing anything bad, whenever there is a Muslim terrorist blowing him or indeed herself up, the moderate Muslims say ... well, he/she is not a real Muslim .. they just pretend to be part of Islam .. instead of admitting they ARE Islam too ... and punishing them within their own communities ...

Instead they stay silent and nothing happens ... they then say that christians do not protest when a christian blows up people or murder .. but they forget, when a Christian, Jew, whatever does this, they dont do it in the name of a religion .. they do it because that person is mad as a hatter, psychotic, a criminal .. and the rest of our society tries to find that person and punishes him or her ...

It is time the Muslim communities in each country in the world root out the evil in their midsts .. the extremists .. the killers among them ... who are just as crazy as teh psychotic in other religions. There are no excuses any more.

I, too, want my family to grow up in a world free from Muslim extremists ... free from the mad terrorist hell bent on killing anyone, because we are "all" part of the Western conspiracy against Islam and the Arab nations .. no matter that the West supports with aid several Arab nations .. including the Palestinians ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geneva Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I shed a tear May '16 Anglo European 1
Whats going on in Phelps May '16 Pete 2
News Seneca Falls fight ends in two arrests, officer... (Nov '11) May '16 Troy randleman 12
Brook Street Park Incident 3/16/16 Mar '16 sidney 1
News Man shot by Geneva police officer dies (May '11) Mar '16 eyeswithoutaface 8
News New York woman facing murder charge in Catoosa ... Jan '16 Mommy dearest 1
Scandalous Activity at Bryne Dairy (Jul '15) Jan '16 DIAMOND DAISY ALERT 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Geneva Mortgages