Tuition hike for SUNY schools takes effect

Aug 19, 2009 Read more: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY 10
It's becoming more expensive to be a college student. A tuition hike at SUNY schools, such as Brockport and Geneseo takes effect this semester. Read more
keith

Victor, NY

#1 Aug 19, 2009
Well guess everyone has to pay the price in this wonderful state of Ours.
Leavingroch

Rochester, NY

#2 Aug 19, 2009
Don't worry Obama will save us
bill t

Albion, NY

#3 Aug 19, 2009
send thanks to your congressmen
make sure you vote for them next time to.
Rednecked Mama

Rochester, NY

#4 Aug 19, 2009
They wonder how come people cannot afford to get an education...Then they rip on people because they have low paying jobs and just say to them, "Well then, just get an education so you can get a better job!"

Right.
momof4

Penn Yan, NY

#5 Aug 19, 2009
ya, but with out that education you are eligible for the $200.00 for "school supplies" aka flat screen tv.....
Local Guy

Webster, NY

#6 Aug 19, 2009
is a liberal indoctrination worth 4970.00 a year ?
Rednecked Mama

Rochester, NY

#7 Aug 20, 2009
Local Guy, do you really believe private colleges are any different? Colleges teach kids to THINK. If kids are inclined to be more on the liberal side of the equation, then gee what does that make you?
Leavingroch

Rochester, NY

#8 Aug 20, 2009
Rednecked Mama wrote:
Local Guy, do you really believe private colleges are any different? Colleges teach kids to THINK. If kids are inclined to be more on the liberal side of the equation, then gee what does that make you?
No Colleges or more accurately PROFESSORS teach the kids what the professors opinions are.. there are no checks or balances, no set study, the professor decides what he is teaching and many more times than not it is about opinion NOT fact. Take a look at the woman's studies at Brockport, Muslim studies, international policies, minority studies, even HISTORY is about opinion.. ask some professors what they teach on the Viet Nam war or even the Iraq war.. see opinion, not an opportunity to THINK.
My son was actually graded on his opinion, the witch professor told him that if he wasn't open to her opinion he wouldn't do well in her class, he rewrote the paper to reflect HER opinions and got a prefect grade... funny the paper he wrote was accurate, but she judged him on OPINION...
when was the last time you spoke to professors, or read the BS the kids are learning.
Rednecked Mama

Rochester, NY

#9 Aug 20, 2009
Then go to college yourself and change the system.
Leavingroch

Rochester, NY

#10 Aug 21, 2009
Rednecked Mama, maybe it is you that needs to go to college. I have been there, not much has changed. As parents we must teach our kids to THINK FOR THEMSELVES so when the encounter professors like this, they can take it with a grain of salt.

But I find your response amusing: You make a statement that I refute and your comeback is "well then change the system"... how about, "gee I didn't see it that way, maybe there is some problems" ... nope instead a truly ill-informed, closed minded, lazy response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geneseo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man pleads not guilty in heroin injection fatality (Dec '06) Apr 12 Kelsey love 13
News Mt. Morris man facing burglary, arson charges Apr 12 AubreyIsLesbian 1
News Five People Arrested for Selling Alcohol to a M... (Mar '14) Mar 25 Make some booze 6
Review: Pittsford Management Inc Mar 24 shauna riccione 1
Family court (Dec '11) Mar '15 Anonymous1945 41
News Gordon W. Davis Mar '15 Agree 2
News 19-year old dies in car accident (Aug '09) Mar '15 Parkers 24
More from around the web

Geneseo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]