Review: Browning Haus German Shepherds

Posted in the Gaylord Forum

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Monday Aug 11
Lost GSD

Riverside, CA

#1 Jul 16, 2013
I would never recommend this breeder to anyone they produce horrible dogs and do not stand behind the hip guarantee
Dogless

Rochester, MI

#2 Sep 12, 2013
Could you elaborate please ? I have a deposit on an upcoming litter & your comment has me worried :(
Owner 2 GSD pups

Michigan Center, MI

#3 Sep 14, 2013
Bought 2 pups from this breeder recently. Excellent condition and smart. Have visited this breeder's home 3x's to look at their dogs...all dogs (adult and pups) raised with love and care allowing me to have 2 confident and vet certified healthy pups! Absolutely NO physical or mental problems with my pups. 3 separate vets have raved over their appearance and condition during their routine puppy visits.
Even though this breeder is 4 hours away from me, I chose pups from Browning Haus over all other kennels because of their knowledge and their commitment to raising pups in their house vs the typical cold, sterile kennel.
I could've easily gotten pups for half the price I paid for my Browning Haus pups, but I chose to have healthy, well adjusted pups. And that's exactly just what I got!!
Timid GSD

Clarksville, MI

#5 Nov 23, 2013
I purchased a puppy from Browning Haus. All the puppies that they were showing me were all timid and ran away from us. However i still picked out a female. I have been taking her to obedience class and have been trying to work on her timid issues. Although she is very loving with our family. The only physically thing wrong with her so far is that the vet noticed she has been born with an inverted vulva, which is hereditary. This causes kidney and bladder infections throughout their life. Although I have been giving her cranberry capsules to help with the problem. This seems to help.
Pissed Off

Caledonia, MI

#6 Dec 13, 2013
Buyer Beware!! We got a female GSD from Browning Haus (Jill & Dale) in 2012 and she has a severe gastric problems and a 2" overbite
and as a result her lower front teeth are cutting in to the roof of her mouth, as are her canines. We have made several attempt's to contact them with NO Reply or Results. The cost now for us will be around 3-4 thousand to pull and file her teeth down. Contact me if you would like to see pictures and x-ray's. Again Buy at your own RISK!
Sad

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2014
We purchased a puppy from Browning Haus in October. Do not be fooled by their set up and friendly demeanor. They do not care about what happens to their dogs--they just want the money. One week after having her, she showed signs of aggression towards my children. She was very shy and ran from anyone who entered our home--not typical puppy behavior. When a visitor came to the door, 7 days after we had her, my son went over by her and she bit him (breaking the skin...I have pictures). I contacted Browning Haus with my concerns as they knew this was a dog meant to be for my boys' to have a companion. This was their response via email because they wouldn't return calls:
"_______is only 13 weeks old, she has been around children and has shown no signs of aggression??? 13 week old puppies play hard and bite, that's what they do because they do not have hands they use their mouth, it is normal play until they are about 5 months old they are puppies!!!
I am wondering how the boys are or have treated her? she was well adjusted when she left me and Dale and was very friendly and happy that is why your Dad wanted her in the first place, she showed no signs of aggression or being shy. we do not just take this lightly.
I raised her for 12 weeks with children and know her temperament, maybe the 13 year old should have _____, your 9 years old may not be mature enough for such a responsibility." (As if we can have an aggressive dog be with just one of our children?)

We invested money and had a well-known trainer from TC do a home visit to see if we would be able to work with her. The trainer was extremely surprised by her behavior and honestly said it would take a lot of work and a lot of it was her temperament. She growls, barks, and goes for the leg to bite if any of the boys' friends come over (her hair stands straight up on her back and she isn't "playing." We can not have that risk. She is a doll with my husband and I, but not anyone else.

The Browning Haus' concern for a not-family-friendly dog makes me sad. She is a beautiful dog, I just feel the Browning Haus misled us in the temperament of this dog or this dog's bloodline because there are a lot of German Shepherds who are friendly and social and love kids. We have found a home for her with a retired single guy and took the loss on the 1500 dollars. When we do feel we are ready to try again, we will be doing a lot of reference checking before we buy from any breeder.:(

It is my understanding from speaking to some other people, that AKC certified kennels should always consider the best interest of dog and family. Most kennels will allow another pick from another litter or the same if some are still available. They would do neither. They said it must be something we did to her (in the six days she was with us) that made her that way. They have never contacted us to see how she was doing since we expressed this concern--not how I would run a business.
Sad

United States

#8 Jan 10, 2014
Pissed Off wrote:
Buyer Beware!! We got a female GSD from Browning Haus (Jill & Dale) in 2012 and she has a severe gastric problems and a 2" overbite
and as a result her lower front teeth are cutting in to the roof of her mouth, as are her canines. We have made several attempt's to contact them with NO Reply or Results. The cost now for us will be around 3-4 thousand to pull and file her teeth down. Contact me if you would like to see pictures and x-ray's. Again Buy at your own RISK!
Wish I would have seen this thread a few months ago...it would have saved us a lot of time, energy, money, and stress.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#9 Jan 11, 2014
Sad wrote:
<quoted text> Wish I would have seen this thread a few months ago...it would have saved us a lot of time, energy, money, and stress.
You did see this thread a few months ago. You're the same person posting all of these snotty comments on here, changing your name to look like different people. You're not fooling anybody.
MAXIMUS GSD

Cortland, OH

#10 Feb 15, 2014
MANY OF THE COMMENTS I READ ARE PURE NONSENSE. THESE ARE FINE BREEDERS. I HAVE BEEN TO THEIR HOME TO PICK UP
MY PUPPY AND THEY ARE LOVING AND CARING FOLKS. MY MALE
GERMAN SHEPHERD IS NOW ALMOST FOUR YEARS OLD AND HE
IS PHYSICALLY FINE WITH NO HEALTH ISSUES. HE IS A BEAUTIFUL
AND LOVING GSD.
tdub

Monroe Township, NJ

#11 Feb 23, 2014
Pissed Off wrote:
a '2" overbite??' is that even possible? i think you might want to post pics of that.
badassdog

United States

#12 Apr 2, 2014
I have a male GSD from Browning. He is a awesome watch dog and VERY smart, not to mention beautiful! You have to teach your pup right from wrong just like a child! the dog is not going to come out of the womb being friendly and loving right when he/she meets you. The puppy years is the worst but is now well worth it. Stay on your dog!
black_bear

Denver, CO

#13 Apr 18, 2014
Our experience with Browning Haus has been a good one. We purchased a male GSD from Browning Haus, and he will be 2 years old in August. He is the PERFECT dog! Beautiful, sweet, great physique.

We have contacted Browning Haus with a few health questions, and they have always been super responsive. In both instances, they have emailed me back within the day or week, offering advice, and wanting to hear how things turned out. Our dog is used as the ambassador for his training class, as his even and playful temperament is unmatched (that's coming from our trainer). And they all go through the biting phase when they are puppies, many websites refer to it as the "alligator" phase.
Owner 2GSD pups

Michigan Center, MI

#14 May 17, 2014
Owner 2 GSD pups wrote:
Bought 2 pups from this breeder recently. Excellent condition and smart. Have visited this breeder's home 3x's to look at their dogs...all dogs (adult and pups) raised with love and care allowing me to have 2 confident and vet certified healthy pups! Absolutely NO physical or mental problems with my pups. 3 separate vets have raved over their appearance and condition during their routine puppy visits.
Even though this breeder is 4 hours away from me, I chose pups from Browning Haus over all other kennels because of their knowledge and their commitment to raising pups in their house vs the typical cold, sterile kennel.
I could've easily gotten pups for half the price I paid for my Browning Haus pups, but I chose to have healthy, well adjusted pups. And that's exactly just what I got!!
05-17-2014
Update: my 2pups are now nearing 11months. Still without health problems. Both have completed obedience classes and will begin advanced obedience classes soon. Training, good nutrition and common sense in raising pups is all it takes. Their teeth are perfect, the female has no 'female parts' abnormalities (as cited by previous reviewer). My male is over 90#'s so I've had to mix puppy food w/adult dog food-cutting back on protein amounts to avoid rapid bone growth. In short: Fantastic, perfect, intelligent pups. Only good breeding accomplishes that!!!
Maple Way

Grand Haven, MI

#15 Monday Aug 11
We just purchased a pure black puppy from Jill and Dale. Although we've only had him two days, he is smart as a whip and supper sweet. Jill and Dale were very nice people to deal with and we very open with anything we asked of him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaylord Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 maeball 169
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) May '14 Mike 94
psychic in elmira (Dec '08) May '14 pcmow 35
Midland-based Chemical Bank to purchase Northwe... Mar '14 Carolo43 1
•••
•••
Gaylord Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gaylord Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000