interested

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

I was looking to go eat and Kenny Ward's but have heard some bad things and good things. Anyone have any information they're willing to share?
Fat Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

interested wrote:
I was looking to go eat and Kenny Ward's but have heard some bad things and good things. Anyone have any information they're willing to share?
I love everything about Kenny Ward's. The food is fantastic and the service (true fine dining service) is exceptional. I frequent Vrazeal's and when I don't feel like driving all the way over to GPT I stay in town and go to K.W.'s. I hope you go check them out.
OS Lifer

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Go to Cheryls instead, Kenny Wards kinda like Ruth Chris. Way overpriced for what you get, but dont take my word for it go to Urbanspoon and read the reviews.
Court side

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

OS Lifer wrote:
Go to Cheryls instead, Kenny Wards kinda like Ruth Chris. Way overpriced for what you get, but dont take my word for it go to Urbanspoon and read the reviews.
I haven't tried Kenny Wards for dinner; have tried it for brunch a while back. I have been to Cheryls however. Sorry, gotta wave you off Cheryls. I thought it was a poor cut of meat, marinated to the point that you can't taste the steak.

I do put a lot of stock in UrbanSpoon, and they sure do seem to like Cheryls more than Kenny Wards. Maybe I need to try Cheryls again.
OS Lifer

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Court side wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't tried Kenny Wards for dinner; have tried it for brunch a while back. I have been to Cheryls however. Sorry, gotta wave you off Cheryls. I thought it was a poor cut of meat, marinated to the point that you can't taste the steak.
I do put a lot of stock in UrbanSpoon, and they sure do seem to like Cheryls more than Kenny Wards. Maybe I need to try Cheryls again.
Court Side I actually agree with you, but I would rather go to Capt Al's or Cheryl's and have a decent meal where I felt I got my moneys worth. Just cause a place touts itself as Gourmet or high class doesn't make it so. Expensive doesnt always mean the food is better.
Court side

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

OS Lifer wrote:
<quoted text>Court Side I actually agree with you, but I would rather go to Capt Al's or Cheryl's and have a decent meal where I felt I got my moneys worth. Just cause a place touts itself as Gourmet or high class doesn't make it so. Expensive doesnt always mean the food is better.
And just to clarify, when I went to brunch, I was under-whelmed; which is the reason I never returned for dinner or any other meal.
Troy

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

It's overpriced by far. The interior is outdated. The service is not fine dining quality. There is no room in the tiny bar. The actual bar take up all the space. When I go eat somewhere with prices that high, it's not just the food I'm paying for. It's the experience. Although the food is good, everything else is not up to par. I expect more for my money...especially with the service. And there is never anyone in there. It's awkward when you're the only ones eating in a restaurant and it's dead quiet.
Amy D

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Owner is a nice guy. Courtyard is lovely, is very expensive, but you should go and decide if it's worth it.
Calvin

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2012

Troy wrote:
It's overpriced by far. The interior is outdated. The service is not fine dining quality. There is no room in the tiny bar. The actual bar take up all the space. When I go eat somewhere with prices that high, it's not just the food I'm paying for. It's the experience. Although the food is good, everything else is not up to par. I expect more for my money...especially with the service. And there is never anyone in there. It's awkward when you're the only ones eating in a restaurant and it's dead quiet.
I agree 100%

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gautier Discussions

Search the Gautier Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chevron Job Info (Mar '11) 10 hr gulf 424
Scott Walker Day Of Reckoning July 23 16 hr Walker Watch 2
Around South Mississippi 17 hr Clark 1
Greywood Glen Apts Are A Slummy Roach Den Mon Hate haters 5
Pam Wicker Manager at Greywood Glen Apts is A T... Mon fan of for the people 7
Greywood Glen Apts Being Investigated by Health... Mon For the People 4
Complaint filed against DMR Jul 19 InquiringMindsWannaKnow 2
•••
•••