U. of S. Alabama plans Miss. campus

Mar 12, 2010 Full story: WDAM-TV Hattiesburg

University of South Alabama trustees are prepared to approve adding a satellite campus at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

Full Story
Mike

Meridian, ID

#1 Mar 13, 2010
About time. I always found it strange that people would get mad about this.(as some apparently are)

Florida and New Orleans are a closer drive to my house than is even Hattiesburg. Why in the world would somebody go to Miss. State or Ole Miss when Florida State, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and a whole slew of schools in New Orleans are so much closer.

Plus God Almighty what is there to do up there besides go to church and eat fattening food?
The Facts

Jackson, MS

#2 Mar 29, 2010
[i]"About time. I always found it strange that people would get mad about this.(as some apparently are)"[/i]

The reason why some people are upset about this is because of the fact that USM paid rent for the building, whereas USA received a "sweetheart deal."

[i]"Florida and New Orleans are a closer drive to my house than is even Hattiesburg."[/i]

Moss Point to New Orleans: 108.91 Miles
Moss Point to Pensacola: 94.15 Miles
[b]Moss Point to Hattiesburg: 91.21 Miles[/b]

If you dislike USM for some stupid reason, just say so. Don't be a liar.
Mike

Meridian, ID

#3 Apr 2, 2010
"The reason why some people are upset about this is because of the fact that USM paid rent for the building, whereas USA received a "sweetheart deal."

I imagine MGCCC probably gave them the deal so they don't have an empty building. USM was going to leave anyhow, even if rent was taken.

"If you dislike USM for some stupid reason, just say so. Don't be a liar."

"Moss Point to New Orleans: 108.91 Miles
Moss Point to Pensacola
: 94.15 Miles
[b]Moss Point to Hattiesburg: 91.21 Miles"

I dislike the whole state of Mississippi. Nothing in particular against Southern. It's not a bad school, it's just wtf is there to do in Hattiesburg? It's a prudish baptist town like most counties north of the coast.

By the way -- Moss Point is only 86 miles from my house. 94 must be the heart of Pensacola. And Hattiesburg is over a hundred by taking the 49 route, which is the fastest way there.

And I get to New Orleans MUCH faster than I do Hattiesburg because I can speed on the interstate. I have to go up 49 where the Wiggins police and the Hwy. Patrol float around.

I have no clue why ANY coast student would want to go to say Ole Miss and freeze their butts off in the spring and fall as it gets cold up that way so early.

LSU, Florida State, University of West Florida, and South Alabama and all those New Orleans schools are so much closer.

You're from Jackson so I can see you have an economic stake in this situation. The more coast people who go to school in this crappy state the more tax revenue stays here.

Hate to break it to you dude but we have almost 15% unemployment here in Jackson County and rising. Don't expect too many people to stay here for long.

Besides, things to do:

New Orleans: Bourbon Street, the zoo, the aquarium, tons of stuff.

Mobile: Downtown scene, the city's bigger than Jackson, you're on the water, beaches, half hr. from Florida.

Pensacola/Tallahassee: You're near Destin, Tallahassee, Pensacola, etc. Malls, beaches, clubs, women.

Hattiesburg: Let's see, you go out to the country and they arrest you for 'possession of beer.' Like it's still 1955 or something.

Give me a break.

Try selling that to 18 year olds.
The Facts

Jackson, MS

#4 Apr 6, 2010
Mike wrote:
I dislike the whole state of Mississippi. Nothing in particular against Southern. It's not a bad school, it's just wtf is there to do in Hattiesburg? It's a prudish baptist town like most counties north of the coast....Give me a break.
Okay, you're from freaking MOSS POINT and you have the nerve to look down on Hattiesburg??? No, give ME a break. At least in Hattiesburg, you don't get shot and killed just for asking for directions. Don't let the door hit you on your way out of Mississippi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man on East Beach wearing nothing but a Thong (Sep '09) 7 hr Don in Michigan 55
os walmart shoplifting allegations (Oct '13) Fri Bloodboy456 31
BJ's Cafe: The biscuits are calling you (Mar '11) Thu Anonomous 34
Do you approve of Steven Palazzo as Representat... (May '12) Dec 16 Orville 43
fast and reliable pain n anxiety meds Dec 14 helping oceansprings 1
Air Conditioning Dec 10 Zach 6
sinnging river hostage situation Dec 10 Gave them a raise 2
Gautier Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web