Ocean Springs Mayor Connie Moran asks...

Ocean Springs Mayor Connie Moran asks for investigation into activities of Civil Service Commissi...

There are 26 comments on the The Mississippi Press story from May 8, 2013, titled Ocean Springs Mayor Connie Moran asks for investigation into activities of Civil Service Commissi.... In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

Mayor Connie Moran informed the Board of Aldermen Tuesday night that she wants an investigation into the political activities of Civil Service Commissioner Pam Cox, who Moran said has been actively and openly campaigning against her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Os Resident

Ocean Springs, MS

#1 May 9, 2013
I read that Ms. Cox gave an opinion that the employees could attend a debate sponsored by one of the candidates as long as they were within the rules governing political neutrality. I feel she made the proper call on this matter. I now read that she raised questions on city expenditures requested by Mayor Moran. She has a right to question any city official, just as any citizen has the same right to do so. Is Mayor Moran investigating the matter to try and tarnish the reputation and character of this elderly, disabled lady because she is not supporting her for Mayor?
Sounds to me that payback time has started. All employees and residents who support her opponent might want to pay attention to this obvious attempt to settle a score by her abuse of power.
Election Results

Ocean Springs, MS

#2 May 9, 2013
Come on we all know she is out to help John McKay.She also is very close to the Bill Walker family.Anyone can see she has an agenda.
OS Resident

Ocean Springs, MS

#3 May 9, 2013
What can we conclude from all these reports that the Mayor's co-workers disapprove of her job performance?
Election Results

Ocean Springs, MS

#4 May 9, 2013
Can you provide on documented "report" or is this information coming from McKay? Envy causes a lot of people at the bottom to be disgruntled. How many employees hate various Aldermen? I hear a lot do.
The Cobra

Gulfport, MS

#5 May 9, 2013
If it is that easy to call for an investigation let's call for one on both canidates.Let's see if everything has been done above board. Most people already know the answer.It would be interesting to hear their attempts to answer. I still contend Ocean Springs has know way out so to speak.They have to pick between worse and worse
Election Results

Ocean Springs, MS

#6 May 9, 2013
I agree.Lets start with all of the free fishing trips for politicians,family and friends on boats chartered thru the DMR and paid for by the hard working taxpaying public. Lets see who all went, what the total costs were and send a demand letter to each and every person who sampled . Oh, that's right the Ms.State Auditor and the FBI/USDOJ are already doing this. OK, Instead lets look at the Jackson County Jail and all of the surrounding contracts/participants, in particular the Maxwell-Walker firm and who they worked for, what they were paid and which person on the JCBOS help them push their clients agenda. The we can move on to the new OS High School. Who made the money on tis location? Who pushed it besides the entire Walker family? Why?
The Cobra

Gulfport, MS

#7 May 9, 2013
Election Results wrote:
I agree.Lets start with all of the free fishing trips for politicians,family and friends on boats chartered thru the DMR and paid for by the hard working taxpaying public. Lets see who all went, what the total costs were and send a demand letter to each and every person who sampled . Oh, that's right the Ms.State Auditor and the FBI/USDOJ are already doing this. OK, Instead lets look at the Jackson County Jail and all of the surrounding contracts/participants, in particular the Maxwell-Walker firm and who they worked for, what they were paid and which person on the JCBOS help them push their clients agenda. The we can move on to the new OS High School. Who made the money on tis location? Who pushed it besides the entire Walker family? Why?
Great place to start but lets make sure we get both canidates to explain some skeletons
Election Results

Ocean Springs, MS

#8 May 9, 2013
You are correct. I think a total airing is in order.
Os Resident

Ocean Springs, MS

#9 May 9, 2013
Why don't we post our questions on all issues that both have hiding in their closet and see which one is honest enough to answer. That is who will get my vote.
Election Selection

Ocean Springs, MS

#11 May 10, 2013
I agree OsResident.Of course we already know some of the answers. 2)Maxwell-Walker have represented participants-potential bidders in the JC jail project. This can be found in the JCBOS minutes of meetings. 3)No birthday cake was ordered by Bill Walker for that now famous DMR birthday fishing trip. Bill did cover all of the other items such as boat,bait,food,beverage and fake fishing licenses.Walker does apologize for the oversight. 4) McKay is not the godfather of the only mini Walker and he will not appoint Scott Walker to any position because to do so he would have to be the Mayor which he will not be. He can thank the Walkers again for that failing.
Beach Bum

Ocean Springs, MS

#12 May 10, 2013
yeah Connie inquiring minds wanna know. Why did you leave the scene of an accident then hide in your hotel room? The police report is available online, it's quite an interesting read!
Bryan

United States

#13 May 12, 2013
Beach Bum wrote:
yeah Connie inquiring minds wanna know. Why did you leave the scene of an accident then hide in your hotel room? The police report is available online, it's quite an interesting read!
You're crazy. The police report is not online. Post a link to it if it is and shut up if it isn't.
Watchful Eye

Washington, DC

#14 May 13, 2013
Ocean Springs mayor incident in Ridgeland investigated as hit-and-run

Ocean Springs Mayor Connie Moran says sheís using her own money to pay for damage to a vehicle she rear-ended in Ridgeland on Wednesday night in her city-owned car.

Ridgeland Police Lt. John Neal said the 9:55 p.m. crash at a traffic light on the Old Agency Bridge was investigated as a hit-and-run accident because Moran was not at the scene when officers arrived.

Moran was in Ridgeland attending the Mississippi Municipal League Conference and staying at Hyatt Place hotel, where she was headed at the time of the accident. When police got there, Neal said Burtonís 2004 Toyota Camry was still in the road. Neal said police got a description of Moranís 2009 Chevy Malibu and the plate numbers and found it at the hotel.

The vehicle was registered to the Ocean Springs Police Department, but police reached there had no idea who wouldíve been driving it and told Ridgeland police to impound it. A Ridgeland police officer, Neal said, later the same night went to Moranís hotel room, knocked on the door and asked her for her driverís license.

Moran, Neal said, shut the door and went to get her license but claimed that when she returned, the police officer wasnít there.

ďThis is where we have a discrepancy,Ē he said, though he didnít elaborate.

Sun Herald
1/29/10

not exactly a police report but a quote from an officer
Watchful Eye

Washington, DC

#15 May 13, 2013
a little more detail in this one
http://www.oceanspringsgazette.com/view/full_... -?
LadyGagaRedoubt

Palm Harbor, FL

#16 May 15, 2013
Watchful Eye wrote:
Ocean Springs mayor incident in Ridgeland investigated as hit-and-run
Ocean Springs Mayor Connie Moran says sheís using her own money to pay for damage to a vehicle she rear-ended in Ridgeland on Wednesday night in her city-owned car.
Ridgeland Police Lt. John Neal said the 9:55 p.m. crash at a traffic light on the Old Agency Bridge was investigated as a hit-and-run accident because Moran was not at the scene when officers arrived.
Moran was in Ridgeland attending the Mississippi Municipal League Conference and staying at Hyatt Place hotel, where she was headed at the time of the accident. When police got there, Neal said Burtonís 2004 Toyota Camry was still in the road. Neal said police got a description of Moranís 2009 Chevy Malibu and the plate numbers and found it at the hotel.
The vehicle was registered to the Ocean Springs Police Department, but police reached there had no idea who wouldíve been driving it and told Ridgeland police to impound it. A Ridgeland police officer, Neal said, later the same night went to Moranís hotel room, knocked on the door and asked her for her driverís license.
Moran, Neal said, shut the door and went to get her license but claimed that when she returned, the police officer wasnít there.
ďThis is where we have a discrepancy,Ē he said, though he didnít elaborate.
Sun Herald
1/29/10
not exactly a police report but a quote from an officer
I remember the mayor's response to this. The accident happened in an area with which she was not familiar. It was dark. She did the prudent action of driving to a nearby lighted area and signaled for the other driver to do the same. The other driver refused to move his/her car -- I don't remember whether it was a male or female. I find the mayor's actions to be correct for her safety as well as the safety of others. The days of leaving one's car in the middle of the street blocking traffic and creating danger for other drivers are long past. It was a nickel and dime fender bender. Risking one's life by remaining in the middle of the road is fool's work. She paid the damages - she behaved completely responsibly. She answered the door. She spoke with the officer. Obviously she wasn't impaired because the officer did not attempt to take her in to custody when she was right in front of him. Another non-issue.
Watchful Eye

Washington, DC

#17 May 15, 2013
I would agree that it is ok to move a vehicle out of traffic if both parties agree. However, both parties did not. If the mayor had indeed pulled over as she suggested (an action not corroborated by the victim) then she would have seen the woman stay in her vehicle an remain there for a time greater than would give one the perception that everything was ok (the mayor claimed she waited and because the woman never came to the parking lot a mere 100 yds away she assumed it was a non-issue). So either the mayor cant see a vehicle 100 yds away (perhaps thats why she wrecks so many vehicles) or she didnt pull over as she previously stated.

What likely occured is that the mayor did as the statement from the witness/victim said. She fled the scene because she the mayor felt it was a non issue. Upon questioning from the officer she recused herself from the conversation and likely made the appropriate phone calls to people with the right connections.

read the other link before calling this a non-issue. her behavior was suspect at minimum.
Conrad Birdie

Ocean Springs, MS

#18 May 15, 2013
It's their word against her word! Do you know these people personally?? Who really knows! You are just grasping at straws! Ancient history! Give it a rest!!!
not above the law

Ocean Springs, MS

#20 May 18, 2013
queen moran is far above all you punks ,get ready to be bent over again you foolish uninformed pesants
Edward

Jackson, MS

#21 May 18, 2013
Your duchess has been preternaturally fortunate in having awful opponents. Even then, she seems only able to eke out a win.
not above the law

Ocean Springs, MS

#22 May 23, 2013
Lets not forget the federal case she alone caused.That one as well as this new federal case filed by maas,both naming moran and her partners in crime OSPD.Those cases are solid,and will make history in our town.A resignation,rehab,and a few years in the pen are in her near future.I would love to see her impeached.maas is seeking millions,so far has refused to settle .Call your aldermen for the facts.SPIN THAT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorney Billy Guice gets on bad side of both S... 6 hr Godzilla 1
News D'Iberville man arrested after stealing Jackson... Jun 27 DibervilleMom 1
Chevron Job Info (Mar '11) Jun 27 Khaleesi 440
Os walmart secret shoppers Jun 25 The truth 2
Review: Aztecas Mexican Restaurant Jun 17 Rhonda a 1
News Mississippi Senate confirms several to boards, ... Apr '15 TRUSTEES 2
book signing at the shed, this Friday 7:00 p.m. (Nov '14) Nov '14 regal 1
More from around the web

Gautier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE