Gautier mayoral candidates share thei...

Gautier mayoral candidates share their visions for the city

There are 1 comment on the The Mississippi Press story from Apr 12, 2013, titled Gautier mayoral candidates share their visions for the city. In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

Incumbent Gautier Mayor Tommy Fortenberry will face Ward 3 Councilman Gordon Gollott in the May 7 Republican primary, with the winner facing Independent Edward Harding in the general election on June 4. Fortenberry and Gollott have both served one term on the City Council and stand on their records of accomplishments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

Airplane watcher

Gautier, MS

#1 Apr 12, 2013
Fortenberry will win. Gollott from what I've read/been told likes to micromanage & has no clear vision.(not that Fortenberry has a vision either, he just co-opts what others do)

Oh. Mr. Harding.....

I know that guy, met him a few times. Nice guy, really polite but kinda eccentric. I wish people would help him out by giving him advice to stop running, he has no shot in hell in winning.

And since he seems to be from out of state he doesn't seem to understand the way local politics around here or in this state works. People don't run on ideas around here. People vote only on the basis of party or on "who they know" -- Fortenberry is a connected good old boy so that's why people are voting for him.

Dunno what Mr. Harding does for a living(valet?) these days but he'd do himself a favor by staying @ his current job. Nice guy but he doesn't seem to understand just how corrupt local politics is around here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Truck hits boys getting off bus (May '08) 10 hr Deb 23
News Mississippi Senate confirms several to boards, ... 12 hr Grants 5
Jackson County Elections August 4th 16 hr Miller Time 5
Chevron Job Info (Mar '11) Sun Khaleesi 452
Jackson CO Justice Court Judge District 4 Jul 25 Bridge Walker 6
News Ocean Springs artist creates 5th Biloxi Seafood... Jul 25 Fixed Event 1
Jackson County School District Superintendent Jul 25 JCSD Employee 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gautier Mortgages