Food police open fire on obesity

Full story: Bolivar Commercial

Good gravy! Our legislators have stirred up the pot now. Rep. Ted Mayhall, R-Southaven, John Read, R-Gautier and Bobby Shows, D-Ellisville have proposed House Bill 282, a bill designed to prohibit restaurants ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Kenneth M

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

What they need to do is make insurance companies pay for lap band surgery. I'm over 500lbs, want the surgery and cannot afford it. Since I am healthy now, my insurance will not pay for it. They apparently want to wait until I collapse or have a heart attack.

“Ammendment number one.”

Since: Jan 08

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

I'm not trying to be an @ss, but how does one make it to 500 pounds?
john

North Carrollton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

Well I gotta agree with you on this, how can somebody get that big. Maybe its a medical problem and maybe they just like to eat alot. I say whatever makes you happy but i don't think anyone should be able to tell us what we can and can't eat. Sometimes I think all these law makers want to do is tell people how to live their lives and that is not their job. I think that job is already filled.....
freestate cat lab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

why should insurance pay for a lack of self disipline? between tobacco, obesity, and illegal aliens, our hospitals are going broke treating folks that destroy their own lives and are not willing to make the decision to not smoke or quit eating little debbies and potato chips or show up.
freestate cat lab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

or just show up at the hospital with the social security number of the month, seeking emergency treatment.

“Science is the Solution”

Since: Feb 08

Ocean Springs

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Kenneth M wrote:
What they need to do is make insurance companies pay for lap band surgery. I'm over 500lbs, want the surgery and cannot afford it. Since I am healthy now, my insurance will not pay for it. They apparently want to wait until I collapse or have a heart attack.
How about eating less instead, and maybe a little exercise!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gautier Discussions

Search the Gautier Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pascagoula senior nails $1M Gates scholarship, ... 53 min To tell the truth 5
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 11 hr Derp 1,935
Ocean Springs' Scott Walker to plead guilty to ... Sun Walker Watch 3
Scott walker Apr 20 Metooo 1
Connections: Neighbors, relatives and politicia... (Dec '12) Apr 20 QueenCobra1699 91
A Special Message to Bill Walker (Sep '13) Apr 20 Walker Watch 259
BJ's Cafe: The biscuits are calling you (Mar '11) Apr 18 Jimmys Girl 33
•••
•••
•••
Gautier Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gautier Jobs

•••
•••