Food police open fire on obesity

Food police open fire on obesity

There are 6 comments on the Bolivar Commercial story from Feb 4, 2008, titled Food police open fire on obesity. In it, Bolivar Commercial reports that:

Good gravy! Our legislators have stirred up the pot now. Rep. Ted Mayhall, R-Southaven, John Read, R-Gautier and Bobby Shows, D-Ellisville have proposed House Bill 282, a bill designed to prohibit restaurants ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bolivar Commercial.

Kenneth M

Monroe, LA

#1 Feb 4, 2008
What they need to do is make insurance companies pay for lap band surgery. I'm over 500lbs, want the surgery and cannot afford it. Since I am healthy now, my insurance will not pay for it. They apparently want to wait until I collapse or have a heart attack.

“Ammendment number one.”

Since: Jan 08

Laurel, MS

#2 Feb 5, 2008
I'm not trying to be an @ss, but how does one make it to 500 pounds?
john

Corinth, MS

#3 Feb 11, 2008
Well I gotta agree with you on this, how can somebody get that big. Maybe its a medical problem and maybe they just like to eat alot. I say whatever makes you happy but i don't think anyone should be able to tell us what we can and can't eat. Sometimes I think all these law makers want to do is tell people how to live their lives and that is not their job. I think that job is already filled.....
freestate cat lab

United States

#4 Feb 12, 2008
why should insurance pay for a lack of self disipline? between tobacco, obesity, and illegal aliens, our hospitals are going broke treating folks that destroy their own lives and are not willing to make the decision to not smoke or quit eating little debbies and potato chips or show up.
freestate cat lab

United States

#5 Feb 12, 2008
or just show up at the hospital with the social security number of the month, seeking emergency treatment.

“Science is the Solution”

Since: Feb 08

Ocean Springs

#6 Feb 12, 2008
Kenneth M wrote:
What they need to do is make insurance companies pay for lap band surgery. I'm over 500lbs, want the surgery and cannot afford it. Since I am healthy now, my insurance will not pay for it. They apparently want to wait until I collapse or have a heart attack.
How about eating less instead, and maybe a little exercise!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Truck hits boys getting off bus (May '08) Tue Deb 23
News Mississippi Senate confirms several to boards, ... Tue Grants 5
Jackson County Elections August 4th Tue Miller Time 5
Chevron Job Info (Mar '11) Sun Khaleesi 452
Jackson CO Justice Court Judge District 4 Jul 25 Bridge Walker 6
News Ocean Springs artist creates 5th Biloxi Seafood... Jul 25 Fixed Event 1
Jackson County School District Superintendent Jul 25 JCSD Employee 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gautier Mortgages