Jason

Ocean Springs, MS

#1 Mar 23, 2013
You folks seem to know a lot about this stuff. Who do y'all think will win mayor and who will the new aldermen be?
Orville

Ocean Springs, MS

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Jason wrote:
You folks seem to know a lot about this stuff. Who do y'all think will win mayor and who will the new aldermen be?
I'm not sure that it will make any difference who is elected. As William Buckley said in his salty disdain for academia:

"I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University"

I feel the same way about politics at any level. Take your pick, they all lie or they wouldn't get elected. Truth is as foreign to them as a grain of sand in your eye. As always, I am a big believer in the 'law of unintended consequence'. A good example may have been baby Walker as mayor. He was wholly owned by money especially Alwyn Lucky who public records indicate has contributed about $300,000 to politicians over the last few years. Do you believe the contributions made to politicians at any level are made without strings attached, direct access acknowledged or perhaps certain wording included in pending legislation? My pessimism is deep seated but I do vote in primaries and in generals that way I can post here and complain freely about the politicians and political process. Solutions? Perhaps some form of term limits. Extreme sunlight for all political donations both in currency and in kind with appropriate accounting standards to see who and how the political machine is being lubricated. I'm sure there are many others that could be applied but as always there will be ways to circumvent any laws made. So, don't worry, be happy vote and raise hell in this and other forums.
Gulf

Gautier, MS

#3 Mar 24, 2013
What city are you talking about Jason? OS? Goula? Gautier?
Jason

Ocean Springs, MS

#4 Mar 24, 2013
I was wondering about Ocean Springs.
The Cobra

Gulfport, MS

#5 Mar 24, 2013
Ocean Springs doesn't have a canidate for Mayor. Most people with their eyes open understand this fact.You have two people that have their names linked to illegal activity in just about every news media that covers the gulf coast.I call that having no choice available with the ETHICS NEEDED FOR THE POSITION
Gulf

Gautier, MS

#6 Mar 24, 2013
Jason wrote:
I was wondering about Ocean Springs.
New aldermen I have no clue but I think Connie will win another term. I think she'll squeak by. John McKay doesn't seem well loved by people within the city. Not that Moran is much better.

I could be wrong but I think Hagan will lose, just from the number of challengers he's facing. I think the other guy who somebody on here said works for the coliseum, not sure his name. Some old white guy. McDonald or something? I think he may lose.

But who knows. I know Mr. Cox. I think he'll win, if he even has a challenger. He's a real nice guy & knows everybody in town from his shop.
justthinkin

Ponchatoula, LA

#7 Mar 26, 2013
Theh PUBLIC will have to rely on the media to "get the facts" but,.... Mr. McKay could and should answer questions regarding the New Prison Complex scheduled to go out for bid in April.
1. What is the actual / true cost associated with this Project that has been in the works for over a decade.
2. Why did He ad the Board of Supervisors rush to hire a new architectural firm - a firm that after acquiring the new deign contract - was found to be unregistered in the State of Mississippi.
3. Why did the Board "pass" on an offer for a design that was MILLIONS below what has been presented by the newest firm.
4. How and WHO is going to pay for this Project. Will there be a referendum? Will property taxes go up "without" notice ?

The eventual occupants will definitely not be paying for their new accomodations.
Taxpayer

Ocean Springs, MS

#8 Mar 26, 2013
To add to this -Is Maxwell-Walker representing anyone or company in this matter?
Watchful Eye

Washington, DC

#9 Mar 26, 2013
Questions for Connie?
1)You were willing to abandon Ocean Springs in order to pursue the State Treasurer position. Why should the voters believe you wont attempt to leave again?

2)Why is our city still on pace to be in a deficit? A recent sale of cemetary plots generated nearly 400k to alleviate the concern of pending debt and was to be saved for the "future" per recommendations of a few alderman

3)What is the real reason you and the BOA voted for the COL increase for city workers from the Cemetary salses account. Was it to provide for the workers who desperately need it or was it so you and the BOA can substantiate the reasoning behind pursuit of COL plus last years deferred COL?(this compounding has occured previously)

4)How much money/grants(which despite your claim of FREE, are in fact not)has been spent on the old dry cleaning lot, cleanup, sewage, water, lighting and the road to nowhere for the STILL UNBUILT "boutique hotel"?

5)Why are city fund's spent on county property which in the event of a disaster can be abandoned and the money for the damaged elements can only be recovered by the County and not the City?

6? Why are city fund's spent on non insurable and not FEMA eligible items such as landscaping and other "beautifications"?

7)What is the projected date for the end of the 2% tax?

8)Where is the money for the City match coming from for the "needed" Shelter/basketball court (that we already paid a/e for)?
justthinkin

Ponchatoula, LA

#10 Mar 26, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
To add to this -Is Maxwell-Walker representing anyone or company in this matter?
The MEDIA can and SHOULD start asking the relevant questions, NOW,....

and NOT after the fact or once the money has been spent.

Ever notice how D.C. discovers Billions are missing - three and four years later ???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Steven Palazzo as Representat... (May '12) 21 hr Orville 43
fast and reliable pain n anxiety meds Sun helping oceansprings 1
Air Conditioning Dec 10 Zach 6
sinnging river hostage situation Dec 10 Gave them a raise 2
Singing River Health employees ask for Jackson ... Dec 9 Godzilla 4
Scott Walker asks for 120 day delay before repo... Dec 4 Godzilla 15
Review: 777 Spa (Mar '10) Dec 3 Adam 55
Gautier Dating
Find my Match

Gautier People Search