Searching for Rogers family history/g...

Searching for Rogers family history/genealogy

Posted in the Gautier Forum

fitz1945

Mobile, AL

#1 Jul 13, 2013
Does anyone know anything about Frank Rogers 1833 - 1897 and Eran
Cowart Rogers 1839 - 1914, married 1856, lived in Vancleave, Ms. and had 8 children (Mary, Ella, Joseph, John, William, Ellis, Simon, Cora). Some of the daughters married Goff's, Barrow, Rice.
Would like to hear from you. My mother was a Rogers.
Les Rogers

Greensboro, AL

#2 Mar 29, 2014
My father was Lonnie Rogers- his father was John the son of Frank and Eran. My cousin Obi Hawley (son of Bertha Hawley- my fathers sister) and I had a Confederate monument in Vancleave placed on Frank's burial site several years ago before Obi's death. Haven't been back to see it in several years.
fitz1945

Mobile, AL

#3 Apr 10, 2014
My mother was Annie Mae Rogers Fitzgerald. Her father was William
(Uncle Bill) Rogers. That would make our grandfathers (John & William) brothers and children of Frank and Eran. I don't understand about your father Lonnie. Was he also called Willie, Harry or George?
Sorry I took so long to reply. Just noticed your reply. Would like to continue to share information.
dddd

Perkinston, MS

#4 Apr 10, 2014
I know a Rogers family who lives in Biloxi. The gentleman who I know used to have an insurance business that I believe his son or sons run now. Dunno if they're the ones you're looking for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mississippi Senate confirms several to boards, ... 7 hr Dynofthirst 6
Jackson County Elections August 4th 8 hr Miller Time 7
Jackson CO Justice Court Judge District 4 9 hr OS Mother 1996 7
News Truck hits boys getting off bus (May '08) Tue Deb 23
Chevron Job Info (Mar '11) Jul 26 Khaleesi 452
News Ocean Springs artist creates 5th Biloxi Seafood... Jul 25 Fixed Event 1
Jackson County School District Superintendent Jul 25 JCSD Employee 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gautier Mortgages