PSC goes door to door checking on TESI

PSC goes door to door checking on TESI

There are 26 comments on the The South Mississippi Sun Herald story from Nov 30, 2007, titled PSC goes door to door checking on TESI. In it, The South Mississippi Sun Herald reports that:

“The rates have gone up and the service, well, it certainly hasn't gotten any better.”

Workers with the Public Service Commission went door to door in some Coast subdivisions served by Total Environmental Solutions Inc. this week to gauge customer satisfaction.

With another rate hike, the second in about a year, TESI customers aren't happy.

But Public Service Commissioner Leonard Bentz, who represents the Southern District, already knows that. His offices have been 'inundated' with TESI customer complaint calls, Bentz said.

Bentz and the PSC recently approved a $9.49 hike in water-sewer bills so TESI can recoup the cost to rebuild after Katrina. The increase is for three years. It will be reviewed each year and lowered if any federal funds become available to help. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The South Mississippi Sun Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
marjorie shaul

Gulfport, MS

#21 May 22, 2010
i have young great grand babies living here with me and this water situation is a matter that has me very worried for their well being. 3 out of 4 of them are experiencing very odd eye infections after filling their little pool up in the backyard. the water stunk, it was discolored, and they described it as being fishy and nasty. now their eyes are full of puss and swollen almost shut. could this be a result of contaminated water?
Travis Rose

Columbus, MS

#22 Mar 16, 2011
The problems with TESI in GPE have gone on for to long. This post began in Nov 2007. Here it is March 2011, and the PSC is finally ready to take action. Just days after I qualified to run against Bentz he's ready to do something now. http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-ne...
Pissed Off

Boise, ID

#23 Mar 17, 2011
Tesi is a joke. Their employees lurk around all the time as if trying to figure out which customer to harass next. Their billing system is inadequate to say the least and something needs to be done asap.
arthur metcalfe

Boise, ID

#24 Jun 12, 2013
the water from tesi is dicusting and paying a flat rate of 68/75 a month is a joke we all need to send bottle watere reciets to tesi so they can pay the bill my urine is better than the water they put out dicusting people
arthur

Boise, ID

#25 Nov 27, 2013
Insider wrote:
I myself have filed several complaints with the PSC over TESI's rates and level of service. In the summertime the water pressure drops so low at times you can't even take a shower. And the number of Boil Water notices is rediculous. Now, we are paying almost $100/month for this service, much more than anyone along the coast. I live by myself so I don't use much water, and I don't drink any of it. I don't understand why the PSC doesn't let TESI go back to using meters, after all, I'm sure we paid for them too. We don't have a choice in Gulf Park Estates so it seems TESI can charge us whatever they want. Anyone else feel the same way?
the water is disgussing we shouls orgabnise takeing our empty water botlles and put it infront of tesi with are bills for water my p---s is better to drink
arthur

Boise, ID

#26 Nov 27, 2013
we need to organise something to stop this gauging customers pu tall are empty bottles in fronyt of tesi office discusted with tesi and the rate hike lets do something

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
donut hole Apr 30 StrangerintheAlps 2
News Heavy rain floods some homes on Mississippi Gul... Apr 28 play 1
Scott Walker Day Of Reckoning July 23 (Jul '14) Apr 25 Godzilla 6
News Photos: Survivor proudly bares breast cancer ba... Apr 21 Shery 1
News If you like to bar hop, these Coast cities have... Apr 21 Shery 1
Will Pascagoula be a good place for my wife and... (Jul '15) Apr 19 Stupid is as Stup... 4
Ocean Springs Lumber (Jan '07) Apr 15 hello 197
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gautier Mortgages