Former Northrop Grumman worker could ...

Former Northrop Grumman worker could be sentenced to life plus ...

There are 12 comments on the The Mississippi Press story from Apr 4, 2006, titled Former Northrop Grumman worker could be sentenced to life plus .... In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

Alexander Lee Lett faces a possible life sentence in prison plus 20 years after pleading guilty Monday to murdering one of his Northrop Grumman supervisors and injuring another during a Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

steele

United States

#1 Apr 7, 2006
I feel they pushed him to the breaking point.not
saying what he did was right, but what they did should have some bearing on his sentence.
Jim D

Bethpage, NY

#2 Sep 21, 2006
Pushed him to the breaking point by not giving him a promotion / transfer that he was not qualified for? I've known everyone involved for 10-15 years and was in the bldg when it happened. Give me a break. If you don't get your way, it doesn't give you the right to just start shooting..
THE TRUTH

United States

#3 Sep 22, 2006
the problem is that there are many unqualified people at the ship yard that are being promoted when they do not know the job, while men who have worked their asses off most of their lives out there, are being bumped or told what to do by these less qualified employees. These people are often seen bullshitting, and doing nothing productive yet they are permitted to supervise. The hard working men are fed up with the free rides and are refusing to hand out jobs unearned. Lett was probably pissed because he didnt get promoted for doing nothing, so he acted like an idiot usually acts when someone has the balls to stand up to them and say

NO MORE DO YOUR DAMN JOB
steven

United States

#4 Sep 24, 2006
THE TRUTH wrote:
the problem is that there are many unqualified people at the ship yard that are being promoted when they do not know the job, while men who have worked their asses off most of their lives out there, are being bumped or told what to do by these less qualified employees. These people are often seen bullshitting, and doing nothing productive yet they are permitted to supervise. The hard working men are fed up with the free rides and are refusing to hand out jobs unearned. Lett was probably pissed because he didnt get promoted for doing nothing, so he acted like an idiot usually acts when someone has the balls to stand up to them and say
NO MORE DO YOUR DAMN JOB
You have to be a sick person to even thing such a thing. The man didnt like it he could go get a job some where else. or transfurr to another department.
nourfacts

Moss Point, MS

#5 Sep 24, 2006
steven wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be a sick person to even thing such a thing. The man didnt like it he could go get a job some where else. or transfurr to another department.
you dont know what you are talking about, if you work at the ship yard and dont see this then you must have a high pay office job, but out where the laborers are this goes on, the truth doesnt make me a sick person, i just have the balls to tell it like it is do you think im condoning this idiots actions, if you do you have misunderstood my meaning,i do feel this is probably why the shooting occured because this Lett guy was refused something he wasnt qualified to get
steven

United States

#6 Sep 24, 2006
nourfacts wrote:
<quoted text>
you dont know what you are talking about, if you work at the ship yard and dont see this then you must have a high pay office job, but out where the laborers are this goes on, the truth doesnt make me a sick person, i just have the balls to tell it like it is do you think im condoning this idiots actions, if you do you have misunderstood my meaning,i do feel this is probably why the shooting occured because this Lett guy was refused something he wasnt qualified to get
Yes i have worked there and know the kind of bull that goes on, and yes i left from there, and yes i love what i do now. The point is Just becouse things is not going your way! Make a change.
The ship yard is full of back stabers looking to get a head. There is a lot of outher places to work with out taking a life. And no i was on my tools also.
John

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2006
nourfacts wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds to me like your an uneducated fool!
Tim

United States

#8 Sep 24, 2006
steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i have worked there and know the kind of bull that goes on, and yes i left from there, and yes i love what i do now. The point is Just becouse things is not going your way! Make a change.
The ship yard is full of back stabers looking to get a head. There is a lot of outher places to work with out taking a life. And no i was on my tools also.
Tell it like it is.
WHAT

United States

#9 Sep 24, 2006
WHAT is up with yall do you think im condoning lett killing this man????
if you do then you dont know how to read or comprehend what youve read,
how do i sound uneducated??
because maybe you dont like what im saying,
because you know it to be true or because youre one of the lazy ones who sits back and bullshits while everyone else works.
sounds to me like you think lett did the right thing
reread my first entry someone seriously cant read
none of what ive read so far has anything to do with what i said
hey jim

United States

#10 Sep 24, 2006
Jim D wrote:
Pushed him to the breaking point by not giving him a promotion / transfer that he was not qualified for? I've known everyone involved for 10-15 years and was in the bldg when it happened. Give me a break. If you don't get your way, it doesn't give you the right to just start shooting..
help me out
these people cant read or they are just idiots
you are the one who knows the real deal,
bet youve seen some sights out there, these people seem to be arguing with me as if that shit dont go on out there,
i really cant figure out half of what they mean they arent consistent on what the topic is about or what my comment was
all they have to do is read
steven

United States

#11 Sep 24, 2006
WHAT wrote:
WHAT is up with yall do you think im condoning lett killing this man????
if you do then you dont know how to read or comprehend what youve read,
how do i sound uneducated??
because maybe you dont like what im saying,
because you know it to be true or because youre one of the lazy ones who sits back and bullshits while everyone else works.
sounds to me like you think lett did the right thing
reread my first entry someone seriously cant read
none of what ive read so far has anything to do with what i said
NO I THINK LETT SHOULD GET WHAT HE GAVE. DEATH!
HE HAD A CHOICE HE DIDNT HAVE TO KILL THAT MAN.
YES KICK HIS BUTT HE DIDNT NEED TO KILL HIM.
TAKE KYLE HOLDEN OF VANCLEAVE HE WIPPED THE SUPERVISORS ASS, WHAT HAPPEN? HE GOT FIRED....
so steven

United States

#12 Sep 24, 2006
steven wrote:
<quoted text>
NO I THINK LETT SHOULD GET WHAT HE GAVE. DEATH!
HE HAD A CHOICE HE DIDNT HAVE TO KILL THAT MAN.
YES KICK HIS BUTT HE DIDNT NEED TO KILL HIM.
TAKE KYLE HOLDEN OF VANCLEAVE HE WIPPED THE SUPERVISORS ASS, WHAT HAPPEN? HE GOT FIRED....
do you agree with me? that the ship yard has got big problems with the way they treat their workers who actualy work, why is it that this is allowed to go on if so many people know about it?
you are not the first to acknowledge the unfair conditions out there,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pro public education PAC formed by parents stat... Thu Something to Do 1
News New PAC wants louder public education voice in ... Jul 23 Discipline 5
News Vancleave's Alec Lara arrested in connection to... (May '13) Jul 10 Alec Lara 5
Martin Lake Resort??? (Mar '09) Jun '16 scammed 70
News Walt's Look Around: Gum Tree Festival May '16 bad investment 1
News Ocean Springs preparing to implement 'to-go cup... May '16 OSRes 1
Ocean Springs Music Forum (Feb '13) May '16 Musikologist 10

Gautier Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gautier Mortgages