Should Ocean Springs Alderman have term limits?

Created by Concerned OS on Apr 21, 2009

168 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OS is the BEST

New Orleans, LA

#21 Apr 24, 2009
So Aldermen having term limits...76% think so. It needs to happen.
Brother-n-law

Ocean Springs, MS

#22 Apr 24, 2009
I'm not a supporter of either of them. I do see Doug on his motorcycle, and winching his boat in. His back injury is ?????????? This is a sham and he knows it.
Every vote counts

Ocean Springs, MS

#23 Apr 24, 2009
Term limits would have to be established by the legislature. You must be mental to think that will happen. The only term limits you will see is at the ballot box. If an incumbent is defeated than his term limits are up. If he wins, than his term limits are extended. The voters have a choice and they will make it. Alderman come and go every election cycle. If you want a particular alderman out you have to have a legitimate candidate that can get more votes than him. Welcome to the political process. All of these dumb polls are unscientific and don't amount to a hill of beans. Quit your whinning.
OS is the BEST

New Orleans, LA

#24 Apr 24, 2009
Not sure what a "whinning" is Every vote counts :)

Term limits + high voter turn out = effective government (IMO)
sunshine

Ocean Springs, MS

#25 Apr 24, 2009
whinning?????
Larry

Ocean Springs, MS

#26 Apr 24, 2009
I was asking because when I heard he was on disability I couldn't believe it because I know how active he is. Have never seen him in pain either. So to answer your question you can be an alderman and receive disability. Might want to share that though just to get it all out in the open especially if you are putting up signs that mention honesty and integrity. As for the term limits..that's just silly. Only the governor of the state is limited to 2 terms and all other electeds from state to county and local can run as often as they want. I kinda like the idea of having someone in there with lots of experience in the job.
sunshine

Ocean Springs, MS

#27 Apr 24, 2009
Guess he can put it on his campaign signs. Vote for me, but I am on disability and thought you should know???? Get real. Quit trying to run somebody down on this forum, how about it, or run for an office yourself.
Ntheknow

United States

#28 Apr 27, 2009
Rather have a man on disability than a tool who only votes for projects that are owned by his supporters and screws over the rest of the people!
Saw it coming

Ocean Springs, MS

#29 Apr 27, 2009
That's why they are his supporters. Doug Disability will have supporters also. He will vote and appoint his supporters if he is elected. That is the way it works. I bet we see some of his yard sign property owners sitting on boards. Thank you Ntheknow for your unbiased opinion.
Election Selection

Ocean Springs, MS

#30 May 27, 2013
Another good one that applies today.
Watchful Eye

Washington, DC

#31 May 28, 2013
Mayoral term limits as well
Election Selection

Ocean Springs, MS

#32 May 28, 2013
All politicians should be limited.Most are only thinking about how to enhance the old retirement $s
CDMD43

Biloxi, MS

#33 Sep 1, 2013
The mayor office should the power goes to the head and you become corrupted.Too much power and no oversight equal corruption in capital letters.Im above the law.Laws are for the little people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No; Karen Nelson is a TERRIBLE excuse for a rep... 10 hr ntheknow 6
News Biloxi's A.J. Holloway is coast's highest paid ... (Sep '14) Mar 21 Back Bay Boy 10
News Louisiana reinstates former Moss Point Principa... Mar 19 bite me 1
book signing at the shed, this Friday 7:00 p.m. Nov '14 regal 1
News MGCCC inducts Alumni Hall of Fame honorees Thur... Oct '14 To Tell the Truth 15
boating laws/ firearms (Sep '14) Sep '14 ron 1
News All South MS Cities should have a no smoking po... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Pete 1
Gautier Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gautier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]