Gulf Park Estates resident pleads for...

Gulf Park Estates resident pleads for speed bumps

There are 4 comments on the The Mississippi Press story from Dec 4, 2007, titled Gulf Park Estates resident pleads for speed bumps. In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

Drivers are still speeding down Gulf Park Estates streets, a local resident said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

Manly Barton

Ocean Springs, MS

#1 Dec 6, 2007
Supervisor Manly Barton said there are two issues with putting speed bumps in neighborhoods. The first issue, he said, is liability in the event a car is damaged by the speed bumps. The second issue is costs.
David

Ocean Springs, MS

#2 Dec 6, 2007
I have a question to Manly Barton, Just what is the coast of one of our kids. Then if a car slowes down there will be no damaged to the car. whats up now???

Since: Feb 08

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Feb 4, 2008
I don't think speed bumps are an answer.

I do think parents in Gulf Park are very lax about allowing children to play in the street. I live on a short, quiet street and speeding is not a real problem - but kids play equipment is left in the street and the children don't even move from the street when a car approaches. It is not uncommon to see jump ramps for skateboards left in the traffic lanes, etc.

We used to have a problem with gocarts, dirt bikes, etc being raced around the neighborhood - but a few calls to the Sheriff's office pretty much stopped it.
Insider

Texarkana, TX

#4 Feb 4, 2008
They need to patrol the area more, but we are stuck in between Ocean Springs and Gautier and it seems no one wants to do anything about it. And, the condition of Beachview and many other streets is terrible, and they make the roads worse when they 'repair' the potholes. They just poor in asphalt and let the cars pack it down. No wonder the repairs never last.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suit: Mississippi flag's rebel symbol 'racially... Apr 13 Stink Purple 3
Do Not Move to Bartlett Bayou Apartments (May '10) Apr 9 Miss judy 18
Bunnys store Apr 4 Arky 1
News Trial postponed again (Jan '06) Mar 30 Arial Marie M 82
News Adult sex dating in picayune mississippi (Sep '08) Mar '18 jean 8
News Comments Mar '18 Learn 26
News Moss Point Police Department assists in helping... Mar '18 spytheweb 1

Gautier Jobs

Personal Finance

Gautier Mortgages