Opposition to Kemper Plant Grows: Law...

Opposition to Kemper Plant Grows: Lawmakers File Bills To Repeal Mississippi Power Bond Law

There are 3 comments on the PressReleasePoint story from Jan 29, 2014, titled Opposition to Kemper Plant Grows: Lawmakers File Bills To Repeal Mississippi Power Bond Law. In it, PressReleasePoint reports that:

As the movement against the Kemper County coal plant continues to grow, Mississippi State Representative Jeff Guice and Senator Albert Butler have introduced bills to repeal last year's legislation authorizing Mississippi Power Company to issue bonds and force customers to pay for them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PressReleasePoint.

jen pletcher

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2014
Good Morning!! Nice to hear that people are beginning to "WAKE UP" and realize the negative implications of this plant for the citizens of Mississippi.
Gulf

Pascagoula, MS

#2 Jan 29, 2014
They won't do anything till their power bill starts shooting up.

They should indict the crooks who f**ked this up & make southern company eat every nickel of the over-runs.
To Tell the Truth

Ocean Springs, MS

#3 Jan 30, 2014
Thank you Rep.Guice for taking some action on what maybe the biggest scam the hard working people of Mississippi have ever experienced. We all need to stand and be heard. While I normally disagree with the Sierra Club on most issues they champion they have been spot on with this boondoggle experiment. In my opinion we will see total costs to exceed 6 billion dollars and have many operational problems once this plant is made operational in 2020.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gautier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chevron Job Info (Mar '11) 11 hr mike 430
News District cracking down on students who attend O... Sun susan crump 1
Tato Nut Doughnuts (Jan '10) May 23 Common Sense Busi... 25
Review: Dixie Devil Tattoo (Jan '10) May 18 Boogaloooog 85
Local Politics Do you approve of Connie M. Moran as Mayor? (Jun '14) May 17 shrimperman 6
Review: 777 Spa (Mar '10) May 13 pink1004 56
Air Conditioning (Jun '14) May 11 ShirleyWill12 14
More from around the web

Gautier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]