Connections: Neighbors, relatives and politicians land DMR jobs in South Mississippi

Dec 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sunherald.com

The Department of Marine Resources has given jobs to Executive Director Bill Walker's neighbors, his daughter-in-law, local politicians and relatives of other employees, state records show.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of97
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
answers please

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

And Sharon Walker decides in the final hour to ask the City of Ocean Springs to reappoint her to the School Board for another 5 years.I for one am about Walkered Out.Please go home Sharon so you will not be a distraction when all of this mess you husband and son are involved in blows up in the coming weeks.You cannot possibly think they will not be indicted soon.Please go home and get ready for the inevitable
OS SCHOOL PARENT

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Sharon Walker has been a Board member for many years.Some will say she has been effective.Others will say she has been a bully.At this point in time she should consider not trying to go back on because of all that is going on around her.While I do not think anyone is guilty until proven so, perception is reality and if she does not know this she is not being honest with her self.She has said previously she was going to retire from the OSSB but I think she now wants to do it for damage control which at this point is too late.She should also think about her current day job and issues that involve interaction wth money from the DMR.Could this be part of the State and Federal investigation? I hear it is.
Must be nervous

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

WALKER BOOTED FROM THE DMR PERMANENTLY AT TODAY'S MEETING. THEY MUST KNOW COMPANIES COMING LIKE THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN.

Since: Jan 13

Ocean Springs

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Those skimmers are sitting around collecting rust!
this is garbage

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Wonder what the scrap value of a skimmer is? What a waste of money.I wonder how much George Malvaney and Scott Walker made on the deal? They were never used.Now they are taking up dock space. Why not sell them but who would buy them? Wonder what the scrap value is?
msgulfcoastnativ e

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Time for justice! And to bring down all involved! Way to go. The Sun Herald, and those who helped..!
Concerned Taxpayer

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

OK we know who Scott Walker is but who is George Malvaney? I saw his name on another website.
Orville

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/06/16/96025/r...

This and others. Simply Google his name.
Concerned Taxpayer

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Wow, what a story about this guy.He fits in with this band of prominent business leaders.(ha ha)
OSSOMOM

Pascagoula, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Concerned Taxpayer

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Now that picture says it all.Wonder if they are passing any notes behind her back? You would never know by looking he was KKK or a revelutionary type,too short.
Taxpayer

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Does or did Malvaney work at DMR with Walker? They really make a good photo together.It says a lot to us taxpayers.Poor lady has no idea or does she?
Taxpayer

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Here is another great DMR family and friends photo at hhtp//photos.gulflive.com/miss issippipress/2012/05jolly_walk er_solangi.html
answers please

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I just read the articles on this Malvaney guy and then looked at the photos of him with Bill Walker.Also the same group of pictures include Scott Walker with Mobi Solangi.Folks I think either Malvaney is an expert at remaking himself based on his past or he is in that position at this time in his life by providence,which seems to be a popular calling these days with DMR family and friends.Either way something is very odd about this whole cast of characters.Even with his baggage he seems to be in the middle of all of this.Got to have more info about how and why he became the COO at this enviro company.Someone out there knows the real story.For most being a past member of the KKK would be the kiss of death.Com bine that with prison time you would think would keep him down but no he is spending time with top dogs and getting no bid contracts worth millions.How does he do it? lets figure this puzzle out people.
Shame Shame

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I wonder if George Malvaney tells the politicians he supports about his past,sort of a disclaimer "Before giving you my support and $contribution I must disclose to you the following: 1)I am a past member of the KKK but have since quit that gig 2) I once planned to take over a nation/country in the name of white supremacy but the Feds quit that gig for me.3)I am a convicted felon but it made me a better person and that is where I learned this Environmental Business. Sounds to me he should submitt his resume for the DMR Directors job because he already knows more than Danny Guice and can get things done.Plus he is very very familiar with those useless Skimmer Boats that ? now has
answers please

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

People there is more in the Sunherald this morning.What was obvious as I drank my coffee and read the article is the number of people involved is many. From bogus land deals,private foundations,no bid contracts,forced consultants an on an on an on.One thing became crystal clear after my second cup WE THE PEOPLE HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO FIND OUT WHO EACH AN EVERYONE ONE OF THE PARTICIPANTS ARE AN EXPOSE THEM.So let this be a warning to each an everyone of you that have received any of this money from these illegal schemes and contracts not only is the FBI and the DOJ on your trail , WE THE PEOPLE are also a part of this investigation and will not rest until each and everyone of you are brought to justice an all monies are repaid.You have been warned and I suggest you prepare your plea.
answers please

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

So come on Shame Shame,Taxpayer,Concerned Taxpayer,OSSOMOM,Orville,Ghost Crab and all the other concerned public dig deep and help bring these crooks to justice.
All of Us

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

answers please wrote:
So come on Shame Shame,Taxpayer,Concerned Taxpayer,OSSOMOM,Orville,Ghost Crab and all the other concerned public dig deep and help bring these crooks to justice.
We have knowledge of elected officials getting jobs and their daughter/friends and neighbors getting jobs. We have knowledge of family and friends selling their land at inflated prices. We have knowledge of the son who sold his influence with his daddy to the highest bidder. We have knowledge of a shell game to shift tax dollars to a bogus foundation that could reward family and friends. We know this to be true. What else can we do to shed more light on this sleezy scam?
answers please

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

As if that was not enough,ALL OF US,there appears to be plenty more that we know very little about.We need to turn over every rock and expose everyone involved.If anyone out there has any information please post it.Be assured the Feds monitor all of these comments and will inveatigate the info provided.We need to become vigilant about all types of illegal activities involving taxpayers money from divirting it to private foundations all the way to no bid contracts.They will hear our voices if there are enough of us shouting out the truth even on Topix or any other forum.
All of Us

Ocean Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

answers please wrote:
As if that was not enough,ALL OF US,there appears to be plenty more that we know very little about.We need to turn over every rock and expose everyone involved.If anyone out there has any information please post it.Be assured the Feds monitor all of these comments and will inveatigate the info provided.We need to become vigilant about all types of illegal activities involving taxpayers money from divirting it to private foundations all the way to no bid contracts.They will hear our voices if there are enough of us shouting out the truth even on Topix or any other forum.
Ok. Is anyone looking at the connections between the companies that Walker/Maxwell "represented" and the governmental contracts that were awarded? There are elected officials in Pascagoula, Gautier, Ocean Springs, D'Iberville and Jackson County, that awarded large contracts to these companies. There seems to be certain elected officials that were the "point" person for Walker/Maxwell that ran interference for them to line up the votes. Some of these elected officials names have surfaced as recipients of jobs, fishing trips, and other benefits. If someone will take the time to aquire a list of the companies they represent and start following the money the companies have received from municipal and county contracts, they will hit another large pocket of corruption that is being overlooked.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of97
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gautier Discussions

Search the Gautier Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dixie Devil Tattoo (Jan '10) 3 hr hatersgonnahate 68
Native Americans celebrate tribal recognition w... 9 hr gulf 4
Martin Lake Resort??? (Mar '09) 15 hr To tell the truth 59
A Special Message to Bill Walker (Sep '13) 20 hr OS rez 305
Ex-Jackson County deputy arrested on sex-crime ... Jul 11 John Smith 2
Rental Homes Jul 11 Renter 1
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Jul 5 the dark lord 1,960
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gautier Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gautier People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••