unsolved murders in Gauley Bridge
Gauley Fisherman

United States

#164 Feb 8, 2012
What about Paul Blankenship from Brownsville? He was in the hospital and then went missing and was found a few days later floating in the river. Somebody that knew him that visited him or somebody that worked at the hospital knows what happened to him.
Anonymous

Richmond, KY

#165 Feb 18, 2012
Ilivedthere wrote:
I was in and around Gauley Bridge about the time Jimmy Linkous was killed. He was supposed to have info about the death of Sue Roop. I seem to remember a GB cop and another person took Linkous up to the golf course and threatened to kill him if he didn't spill all he knew about Sue Roop. The other person, not the cop, was a couple french fries short of a happy meal and shot Linkous with the cop's gun, He didn't have brains enough to know this was to be a threat only to scare Linkous into talking.
It's been so long I don't remember as well as I used to so don't take everything I put on here as gospel. Where's smoke, there's usually fire though.
first of all Jim Linkous wasn't in WVA when Sue went missing, he came back bcuz of rumors about it, Jim was never at any golf course or threatened by anyone. he was set-up by Eugene Mc Miilian
Anonymous

Richmond, KY

#166 Feb 18, 2012
Divided we fall wrote:
<quoted text>
Is ML mcmillian?
ML did not kill Jim Linkous he died of COPD at Mt. Olive in 2001!!! SO, you grew up with him and did not know that?
Anonymous

Richmond, KY

#167 Feb 18, 2012
info wrote:
And just for clarification, Jimmy Linkus went to prison for the shooting, and is still serving time at Mount Olive Corretional Facility.
As far as the Conley Hotel murder, there was a fight between JJ and Jarette at the Edgewater. The Edgewater was a place (bar) that used to be where the Foodland is now. JJ worked there. That night after the fight, jarret was stabbed I think 44 times with a bottle neck. JJ just so happened to be staying in the same motel
Jim Linkous died in 2001 "just for clarification"!!!!!!!!!!
suzie roop

Charleston, WV

#168 Feb 23, 2012
GERRY wrote:
there always a murder in gauley or around there.
the ? is who,when and how long will it take for someone tell all.your small towns don't have a homicide unit. look at gauley and other city around you.the police are fresh out of high school and are still in pamper.
anyone who know or have information please contact me .my address is above.
GERRY
im sue roops daughter u seem to have cared a great deal 4 my mother who are u i was only 9 when she disapeared would love to here more about her
suzie roop

Charleston, WV

#169 Feb 23, 2012
my mother has been missing 4 33yrs as of valentines day she was a forever woman as she still lives through me and my children her grandchildren my father was jailed 4 murder but not hers he has 2 fight those demons every night dna tests were done but the state cotaminated 1 tooth out of 26 test 25 was 100 persent positive 1 tooth has it at a stand still without funding through the state her remains are at the smithsonian institute unrested just like me untill the state fills free to allow another funding to do another we will both remain restless 25 out of 26 think about it out of all the bodys weve found looking 4 her i never felt nothing till this one as i looked down on broken little body i knew i felt it in my soul 4 as u know we all know our on kind thank u 4 the support and love 4 my mommy i just want to bring her home
suzie roop

Charleston, WV

#170 Feb 26, 2012
Sue Roop is my mother yes my father was jailed for murder 2 guns drugs etc just not my mother he told me if i ever wanted to know what happened to my mom to ask Alvin Castle from Edge Water Inn days i was only 9 but growing up in that lifestyle then faaling into the same abusive marrage as my mother did i know how quick it can happen the pull of a trigger something u cant take back that quick so those are demons he has to fight with every night and trust me ive heard him sleep he definatley fights them.
suzie roop

Charleston, WV

#171 Feb 26, 2012
To magnasia whatever, adam,april,and bobby are by the babysitter i should know im Sue and Raymonds first born that is not how it went down im with Yea, on this get a fucking life cause i raised them she was my mother and ur barking up a dangerous tree y
YOUR TRANSMITTING WHEN U SHOULD BE RECEIVING, they werent even born then
Bryn McmillionPobox

Lubbock, TX

#172 Feb 27, 2012
I am sue rooms nephew and I really miss her so much she was my favorite aunt I was 12 when she disappeared my family has really suffers because of this. My grandfather went to an early grave because of this. I hope that some day justice will be served. Thank u to everyone for your kind remarks.
Bryn McmillionPobox

Lubbock, TX

#173 Feb 27, 2012
magnasia wrote:
i know for a fact what happened to sue roop.. i was raised with ramond roops kids adam,bobby, and april and have always wondered what really happened..well i was told by a reliable source, an elder, what really happened...ramond did not want to be with sue any more ...he wanted to be with the babysitter. the night sue was last seen was behind her and ramonds vechile... there was a scuffle and he shoved her into the vechile....then he beat her to death. at this time ramond worked in the mines, with explosives, to close off mines that the coal companies no longer wanted in use...he took her body to one of these..took it to the back of the mine ...the next day he went to work and closed that one...i am willing to go into more detail about this ..feel free to email me .. [email protected] i have wanted to go to the police about this for years..but was afraid to get the elder who told me this into trouble..they have know about where her body was for years..please contact me ...magnasia
Please email me withn what u know I am her nephew bryn McmillionPobox sr nd I'd love to find justice for her. My Emil address is [email protected]
Bryn McmillionPobox

Lubbock, TX

#174 Feb 27, 2012
secret wrote:
I have a close friend who told me that he knows for a fact that Sue's husband killed her. He said he confessed it to him and that he cracked her skull and fed her to the hogs. I am not giving my name on here because he is now out of jail and a crazy SOB...But this is the truth
Please email me about what u know I am her nephew bryn McmillionPobox sr and I'd love to get justice for her my email address is [email protected] thank u
Bryn McmillionPobox

Lubbock, TX

#175 Feb 27, 2012
suzie roop wrote:
Sue Roop is my mother yes my father was jailed for murder 2 guns drugs etc just not my mother he told me if i ever wanted to know what happened to my mom to ask Alvin Castle from Edge Water Inn days i was only 9 but growing up in that lifestyle then faaling into the same abusive marrage as my mother did i know how quick it can happen the pull of a trigger something u cant take back that quick so those are demons he has to fight with every night and trust me ive heard him sleep he definatley fights them.
Aye cuz it's me bryn McmillionPobox how r u girl I miss aunt sue so much nd I only hope before my life ends that we can bring her home to RIP and bring justice to the bastards that done this to her our family has suffered enough it's time for this to be solved. I've been thinking about aunt sue a lot lately I've even been having dreams about her. She is forever missed and loved. Please email me [email protected] love u girl.
1 post removed
suzie roop

Belle, WV

#177 Feb 29, 2012
To sleepless nights please contact me im on facebook Suzie Roop im Sues daughter
suzie roop

Charleston, WV

#178 Apr 23, 2012
if u have something besides rumors or nightmaeres about my mother please contact me on facebook or my faimly but please i grew up in this world and the hogg stories and trashcan rumours on here are pissing me off, and its degrating to my mother. please think about others this has destroyed and if u dont have proof, u know if u can feel it, touch it, taste it, see it than its real, just keep it real, its respectful and REAL...........

Since: May 12

Beckley, WV

#179 May 10, 2012
I think Sue Roops remains was found a few yrs ago on maybe Bolt Mountain in Raleigh Co.
just me

Charleston, WV

#180 Jun 26, 2012
i wish i could help you suzie. i hope that some day you and your family can find peace. my grandpa was from bentree and was related to some roops. i wonder if there is a connection. he was a ward. his mother was a moore.
miss Indiana

Indianapolis, IN

#181 Jun 26, 2012
suzie roop wrote:
Raymond Roop killed my uncle charles wood Ansted..he went in my uncles home while hhe was sleeping,shot him in face with shot and also slit his throat...stuffed him behind the bed,stole money,guns and a truck my dad had give him,he ran to s.c. where he was in a accident there was apb out for truck,they found my uncles guns behind the seat of truck,Roop was tried for murder,found guilty only sentenced to 5yrs i think..he told police in ansted he killedhis wife feed her to hogs..one day he will get what he deserves,meets his maker he will pay
some guy

Fenton, MI

#182 Jan 1, 2013
I have pieced together bits and pieces that are consistent with what has already been posted. I'll type it out later and drop it in. I am going to leave any names out because some of the people still live in the area, or their families live in the area. All that I have accumulated is hearsay and not based on any "facts" that I have verified.
kat

Charleston, WV

#183 Jan 2, 2013
Mark Legg being arrested for date rape in north carolina.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-18573220.html
some guy

Astoria, NY

#184 Jan 2, 2013
lisa widner wrote:
the cathy carroll case was solved. i don't remember the guys name but the idiot got off on some stupid technicality. go figure.
A man named Eddie Queen went to trial for the murder of Cathy Carroll

http://www.register-herald.com/local/x5190725...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gauley Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College for orphans 3 min whatever 21
Phillip Piercy 7 hr Jean 1922 2
Looking for Steve Parrish 18 hr NyteShade 4
News Domestic incident results in murder charge in F... (Aug '16) Sat Chef Boyardee 17
marquis terrell (Oct '12) Sat Nopetodope 16
Jacobsen Becky Jul 21 Tada 7
Samantha Blume Jul 20 Bill 5

Gauley Bridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gauley Bridge Mortgages