unsolved murders in Gauley Bridge
Good Kid

Charleston, WV

#121 Mar 3, 2011
unknown wrote:
Billy Prather murder or suicide what are your thoughts?
Drunk and playing with a gun - therefore, an accident. He was down and depressed because his wife left him and playing with his parent's gun. Like to know if they still blame Lisa for his death? They sure did when it happened!

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#122 Mar 3, 2011
Kayla Childers wrote:
James Davin "Jimmy" Childers is my DAD!! He was murdered by Mark Legg which was who he had a trucking business with and was also our cousin, he was murdered for over $500,000 in insurance money which was later used to pay off the cops in Gauley Bridge! So there ya go, Mark has murdered many people, including every person who told my family about him killing my dad, he murdered them soon after to shut them up!! My dad now has a grand baby that he will never know or she will never know him due to pure greed, of marks and gbpd!!
Mark Legg was the owner (or maybe partial owner) of Triway. Where Exxon is now in Smithers when I was in high school.
He attacked and molested two teen boys that I went to school with.
He was also listed as a suspect in many murders in a series of books called Unsolved Murders in the Upper Kanawah Valley.
I also remember a young mans (18) body being found on Mt.Olive yrs ago and his name came up in relation to that investigation.

Powellton WV

#123 Mar 3, 2011
This year makes 25yrs since the abduction and death of Threasa Woods.
This 14yr old used to live here in the valley and went missing not long after her family moved to Oak Hill.
Her remains were found later.
No charges have ever been filed.
It would be nice to give her family some closure.

Powellton WV

#124 Mar 3, 2011
lisa widner wrote:
does anyone here know anything about a case dating back to the early 1970's (spring of 1973 to fall of 1975)involving some guy who was found, by the police, to have body parts cooking on his stove and at least one body hanging in another room in his cabin. my mom told me about this case. she said that some people in the area had gone missing prior to the police finding this guy. they investigated his home because of the smell, went in and found him cooking body parts on the stove. i don't remember, i was too young.does anybody else?
There is an inmate at the prison who was charged with either murdering his mother and stepfather, or his stepmother and father, and cooking and eating body parts.
I think it is the same case because there was some mention of him canning or storing meat in a pantry.
He is, of course, serving life without.
unknown

Charleston, WV

#125 Mar 3, 2011
Good Kid wrote:
<quoted text>Drunk and playing with a gun - therefore, an accident. He was down and depressed because his wife left him and playing with his parent's gun. Like to know if they still blame Lisa for his death? They sure did when it happened!
Billy was a good kid he would never had done something like this so its my conclusion someone ha something to do with his death and it will be just a mattern of time before the person or persons responsible will be brought to justice. There are to many people that say billy was in a great mood and had no reason to kill himself and he also would not have asked his cousins mom if they could come with him that night.
None of ur damn business

Charleston, WV

#126 Mar 5, 2011
To everyone writing anything about the death of Billy Prather.We all have our thoughts about what happened me personally I think it was murder but no one knows for sure so jus leave it alone and let him rest in peace..Its been almost 11 yrs..
Keep it going

Charleston, WV

#127 Mar 6, 2011
None of ur damn business wrote:
To everyone writing anything about the death of Billy Prather.We all have our thoughts about what happened me personally I think it was murder but no one knows for sure so jus leave it alone and let him rest in peace..Its been almost 11 yrs..
It has been 11 long years and if everyone believes that it was murder don't you guys want it solved and the person punished for what took place. Setting back and doing nothing will never let him rest in peace or otherwise! Setting back doing nothing will never bring justice to Billy. Just add this case to the long list of unsolved murders in Fayette County. Billy would be proud to have his name on the list while his family and friends just "leave it alone" - NOT. If the thought is on murder then I know I would never rest in peace until justice for Billy is final. But I guess that would be the families responsibility to keep the case going and questions asked until justice to Billy has come - "hot on the case" they say. 11 years nothing has been done - guess it will never be solved and Billy will never be at peace!
None of ur damn business

Charleston, WV

#128 Mar 6, 2011
To keep it going...If u were so worried about this then how come ur jus know writing something about it..Weather it was murder or sucide we will never know..I do know that the state police and the GB police sure the hell didnt give a damn that morning and now his family has to suffer from losing a son, brother, and uncle and lil billy will never know his dad..I think when the time is right and someone that was with him finally comes forward and tells what he knows then we will all know the truth..
sad

Charleston, WV

#129 Mar 6, 2011
i would like to know why anyone would bring it up.let billy rest in peace. and another thing if lisa loved billy then she would have never done him the way she did. and the way i see it is god knows what happend to billy and the truth will come out. and god will take care of it. people need to grow up and let his mom and dad have peace. billy will always be loved and miss.
Just Saying

Charleston, WV

#130 Mar 7, 2011
None of ur damn business wrote:
To keep it going...If u were so worried about this then how come ur jus know writing something about it..Weather it was murder or sucide we will never know..I do know that the state police and the GB police sure the hell didnt give a damn that morning and now his family has to suffer from losing a son, brother, and uncle and lil billy will never know his dad..I think when the time is right and someone that was with him finally comes forward and tells what he knows then we will all know the truth..
don't understand why the family is just setting on this then. i don't know the family but i sure as hell would keep the ball rolling until i knew the truth and justice was delivered to this young man. everyone would be suprised what can be accomplished if the shit is stirred up enough and kept the case alive. but then again difference in familes i guess! we each need to fight the fight but don't leave it up to strangers to do the fighting for the family. this isn't the first time his name hit this forum. this subject was previously brought up on this form so don't get upset thinking this is the first his name was brought up. who was with him and why isn't he coming forth with the truth?
Unknown

Charleston, WV

#131 Mar 27, 2011
These people are a dear friend of mines family. I wish someone would find out what happened to give her piece of mind. She's the best friend that I've ever had and I love her.
Ilivedthere

Glenville, WV

#132 Mar 30, 2011
I knew Sue Roop, Jimmy Childers and Jesse Jarrett. It's thought that Sue's husband, Raymond killed her and stuffed the body in one of the many auger holes bored in the coal seams up Scrabble creek.
Don't have any ideas about Jimmy Childers but Jesse Jarrett was killed in the Conley Hotel, clubbed to death with a large glass soft drink bottle. He was found dead on a bed in the room where he lived with his penis cut off and laying beside him. Jesse had affairs with a lot of women in the area and for sure a jealous husband done him in, the severed penis being a clue.
Far Away

Weston, WV

#133 Jul 18, 2011
Redneck Express wrote:
I can't remember the persons name but a few years back while a crew of railroad workers were working on the Belva train bridge a boy I can't remember his name supposedly fell off that bridge while working to his death that is not true in fact he was pushed by Jay Young there are several witness's to this but its been kept quit for so long a few possible wittiness's include Travis Polly, Gary lee Floyd, Phillip Stone and Josh Johnson come on boys its time to come forward tell everyone what you know
You know your name really tells your character, REDNECK. How messed up is that for you to call those boys out like that. I am sure if they knew something they would speak up. Were you there? If not, how would you know that they had seen anything? I used to live in the Beach Glen area and grew up with those boys. I know they have better character than what you are portraying.
john

Sumerco, WV

#134 Jul 19, 2011
a wedsite is a great idea!
Ky Girl

Lexington, KY

#135 Dec 9, 2011
local wrote:
I knew Billy Ball, good kid, did not deserve to die. Always had questions on his death.
Did Lee Jones KNOW too much and was silenced by prison?
I know of his death and I know that Sue Roop's brother Eugene McMillian (a GB cop) was involved.
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#136 Dec 9, 2011
Yes I knew of Billy Ball. From what i heard was that Eugene McMillian (Sue Roop's brother and a cop) was involved. Does anyone have any other version of this story?
Anonymous

Lexington, KY

#137 Dec 9, 2011
anyone know about the murder on Cane Branch Hill or Jimmy Linkous?
Ilivedthere

Glenville, WV

#138 Dec 18, 2011
I was in and around Gauley Bridge about the time Jimmy Linkous was killed. He was supposed to have info about the death of Sue Roop. I seem to remember a GB cop and another person took Linkous up to the golf course and threatened to kill him if he didn't spill all he knew about Sue Roop. The other person, not the cop, was a couple french fries short of a happy meal and shot Linkous with the cop's gun, He didn't have brains enough to know this was to be a threat only to scare Linkous into talking.
It's been so long I don't remember as well as I used to so don't take everything I put on here as gospel. Where's smoke, there's usually fire though.
who

Charleston, WV

#139 Dec 19, 2011
no one in fayette co goes to jail unless they confess or are dieing like gene carrol he was in jail long enough to go from dieing to healthy
info

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#140 Dec 20, 2011
From what I recall, wasnt Billy Ball shot by Jimmy Linkus on Cane Branch Road? Supposedly, from what I hear growing up, was that at the time, Sue's brother or relative was the Chief of Police at GB. I think his last name was McMillan. Anyways, from what I remember, I think that Billy was suspected of knowing some info on Sue and ended up getting killed by either linkus or the Chief with a Gauley Bridge PD issued shotgun. This may be totally untrue, just what I remember hearing when I was growing up.

ML is connected with the death of Jimmy. I grew up with Jimmy. ML was connecteed to the guy they found on the road to Mt. Olive and Mr. Whitten

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gauley Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dealers 10 hr Yes 1
Southern Poverty Law Center 12 hr Apple overpriced 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 22 hr DDD 4,193
best gauley bridge basketball player last 20 years (Feb '11) Tue Heather 38
Drug dealer named "el". Tue interested 17
Brandon Overton @ his home-away-from-home Tue really 4
Trsnsgender Aug 14 LooseMeatSandwich 15

Gauley Bridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance