unsolved murders in Gauley Bridge
Neighbor

Hillsboro, WV

#61 May 11, 2010
You haven't said or done anything that I know of to offend anyone, it's probably the other way around. I just want you to becareful putting things out there with YOUR NAME ON IT.... Apparently there is some people behind this stuff with alot of pull and you need to be careful what you say and where you say it and how. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.
Kayla Childers wrote:
I am soo sorry I didnt mean to upset or offend anyone, I just simply am curious because this is kind of random that i start to research his death and find a website of people i dont know talking about it, excuse me for wanting to be extremely cautious because as we all know mark legg is still out there and sometimes i worry myself if i get to close to the truth that my family may still be in danger, again i didnt mean to upset or offend any of you and i appreciate all of your input, and would very much appreciate anything you guys know about his situation or simply just him, again I am sorry

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#62 May 19, 2010
Always liked Jim and Sue.
curious

Belle, WV

#63 May 21, 2010
does anyone know if jesse jarrett's death had anything to do with mark legg, because i believe it was ruled a murder, yet, no suspects. but i also don't know any of the police that worked that case either. and i have to commend some of your drive for wanting to find the people responsible all of these years later. and i do agree that money talks, that has been very well proven, but even for the most wealthy devils, they will all have their own demons to carry them straight to hell.
Opie

Charleston, WV

#64 May 28, 2010
Kayla: I knew your Dad. He would come to my house with Val. He was a great person. You should be very proud of him. He was very proud of you. Your mother was pregnant with your little brother when I saw you guys last. I know your family and friends like me are very much aware of your story and we will NEVER let our love of Jimmy die. That which killed him will get his! Don't forget that. Let your Dad's love carry you, not the hate you carry for Mark Legg.
Neighbor wrote:
You haven't said or done anything that I know of to offend anyone, it's probably the other way around. I just want you to becareful putting things out there with YOUR NAME ON IT.... Apparently there is some people behind this stuff with alot of pull and you need to be careful what you say and where you say it and how. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS. <quoted text>
knowit

Belgium

#65 Jul 6, 2010
I heard the same rumor about sue roop firsthand from a close family member. Could have been just rumor but the same story except that blood was in the back of a van/truck and they said it was from a deer then cleaned it with bleach. She was supposedly put into a well. Police in Gauley Bridge - yeah your right still in pampers. What about the Whitten murder. House right past that bridge on the left before you get to Charlton Heights.
Curious

Charleston, WV

#66 Aug 24, 2010
Has anyone heard anything new?
Care

Belle, WV

#67 Aug 27, 2010
Kayla childers wrote:
Ya kno that's a great question! But it's all about money! My cousin and Lee when try found my dad tried to resesitate him and both got deathly sick afterwards because my dad had been posioned! Mark Legg is a scum bag, I hear that he lives in Beckley, WV if I ever run across that man God have pitty on his soul!! I could tell u alot more about this but it's ALOT and who really cares 18 yrs later!
Several people still care, your Dad was one of the "good guys" and loved by many. A lot of people in the area know the "truth" about what happened to your Dad but couldn't do anything or wouldn't because of fear...there have been "accidents" since your Dad died that weren't true accidents if you know what I mean. This site is just a gossip site, if you look around it is mainly a bunch of people talking about each other. As for the person that started this thread...I don't know who they are but it is odd that they are on here asking the questions they are asking. I only wish you had not given your name...I'm sure you are angry and want justice but please be careful.
I know them

Charleston, WV

#68 Aug 28, 2010
friend wrote:
I wish that someone would find out what happened to Sue Roop or to some of these other people. The rumor was that The Roop family invited her to a party that was outdoors somewhere in the Gauley Bridge area. She stepped behind someone's truck to pea and Raymond (her exhusband) shot her. They had to use tons of bleach to get rid of all the blood. They took her body and put it in a trash can and put the trash can in hole somewhere in a fishing hole in Cotton Hill. This is just a rumor and I don't want to leave my name. This is just what was told.
I know the Roop family very well, have all of my life. They are all respectable hard working people, except for Raymond. It is really very sad that one person in a family can ruin a whole family name. Being close to the family I have heard stories too, and when I asked about this party I was told that didn't happen, that Raymond had borrowed a truck from a family member to "go spotlighting". If anyone on here knows them like I do, there is no way they would think that any of them were involved with this aside from Raymond. And, yes even his family thinks he had something to do with Sue's disappearance, but have no proof of anything. They have talked with law enforcement on several occasions over the years and have never had any reason to be suspected of anything. I and they also wish that this case would be solved, she was a very nice woman who didn't deserve anything bad to happen to her. Best of luck to anyone investigating it!

Since: Aug 10

Charleston, WV

#69 Aug 28, 2010
unknown wrote:
Does anyone remember Sue Roop or Jimmy Childers? I believe that both of them were Murdered. Why can't justice be done and someone find what happened to both of these people. Sue's body has never been found and her remains should be laid to rest. She has been missing for thirty years. Can someone say what happened to Sue or Jimmy? I don't wish to leave my name but I knew both of these people and I would like their murders to be solved someday. Both of these people were good people and neither of them deserved what they got.
Sue Roop was my aunt. I also believe she was murderd. I would love for her body to be found and finally layed to rest in a respectible manner. I also knew Jimmy Childers but, I know less about his death than I do Sue's disappearance. Would love some justice for both of these people and closure for the families.

Charleston, WV

#70 Aug 28, 2010
I was small when she disappeared, but I remember it like it was yesterday. To Friend in Charleston, WV...No she was not at a gathering with the Roop family and it wasn't in the Gauley Bridge area. The kids were in school that day. Her purse(house keys inside) was found sitting on the bed...money...D. and all still inside. She WOULD not left the house with out her purse...(she never went anywhere with out it) there was a note left for the kids telling them to go next door if she wasn't home by the time she got home from school. It still has not been determined if it was HER handwritting. She would NOT have even went to the neighbors next door without her purse, and she would have NEVER left her kids, they were her life! She had to know who ever took her for there not to be a sign of a struggle. Wether it was her husband Raymond or not...I don't know...would I put it past him?...NO, I wouldn't! Sue's mom had a well known phsycic who had helped out on alot of disappearance cases come in and help. She said that Sue had been murdered near her home by a man she knew and placed in an old abanndend mine on the Hawks Nest Golf Course. She took rescue workers straight to the abanndoned mine,(she was from New york..had never been to WV before)but the mine had been caved in about half way in and they could not make it any furthur..the phsycic professes that Sue is in the back of the old mine passed the cave in. No one has ever tried to access the mine again. Hope this helps.

Charleston, WV

#71 Aug 28, 2010
I know them wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the Roop family very well, have all of my life. They are all respectable hard working people, except for Raymond. It is really very sad that one person in a family can ruin a whole family name. Being close to the family I have heard stories too, and when I asked about this party I was told that didn't happen, that Raymond had borrowed a truck from a family member to "go spotlighting". If anyone on here knows them like I do, there is no way they would think that any of them were involved with this aside from Raymond. And, yes even his family thinks he had something to do with Sue's disappearance, but have no proof of anything. They have talked with law enforcement on several occasions over the years and have never had any reason to be suspected of anything. I and they also wish that this case would be solved, she was a very nice woman who didn't deserve anything bad to happen to her. Best of luck to anyone investigating it!
Would like to say thank you for believing in the Roop family. I consider Sue my aunt and always will. Ellen Roop was my aunt. Married into the Roop family. If we had proof that Raymond Roop killed Sue...we would walk 100,000 miles in 180 degree weather barefoot to get it to the athoriries. Do I believe Raymond Roop is responsible...Yes I do! Just wish we had proof! Atleast he is in prison where he will remain for the rest of his life and will have plenty of time to think about what he did...and I hope it haunts him every single day of his miserable life!!

Charleston, WV

#72 Aug 28, 2010
Billy Ball was also my uncle..does anyone from the area remember him? He was shot and killed on Cane Branch Road.
local

Charleston, WV

#73 Sep 6, 2010
I knew Billy Ball, good kid, did not deserve to die. Always had questions on his death.
Did Lee Jones KNOW too much and was silenced by prison?
Wondering

Oak Hill, WV

#74 Sep 6, 2010
I was reading all the stories and was wondering if anyone else has heard of "the mad butcher" on gauley mt. im sure it was from the 70s just wondering if im the only one thats heard anything about it. kinda scary to drive that road at night after all the stuff you hear LOL
Local Also

Charleston, WV

#75 Sep 6, 2010
local wrote:
I knew Billy Ball, good kid, did not deserve to die. Always had questions on his death.
There was a reason why Lee Jones was put away and it wasn't because of him molesting kids as we all know that didn't happen. As rumors run rapid in GB, being a small community, why wasn't there any rumors prior to his arrest. It these acts were going on since 1985 after Jones moved to GB where were the rumors and everyone in this town, GB, knows that everyone talks about anything and everyone. If this was going on then where were the rumors? There were none because these acts did not take place. Would love to know what Jones knew that put him in prison!
local

Charleston, WV

#76 Sep 6, 2010
To: Local Also...my son and best friend's sons were friends of Mr. Jones and they swear he would never do anything to hurt a child. I still say he knew too much and had to be shut up, but thankfully they chose prison and not death to shut him up. Jones is a good man. He was a good friend to my family.
BELIEVE

Charleston, WV

#77 Sep 6, 2010
local wrote:
To: Local Also...my son and best friend's sons were friends of Mr. Jones and they swear he would never do anything to hurt a child. I still say he knew too much and had to be shut up, but thankfully they chose prison and not death to shut him up. Jones is a good man. He was a good friend to my family.
Jones was a very good man. I had heard that he was at one time going to be killed but decided with a body someone else would be going to prison so a story was hatched about Jones molesting young boys. It sure worked didn't it! He was friends with my kids also and they say the same that "Jones could never hurt anyone". He was a very good friend to my family also. We miss seeing him around. Gauley would be in good shape if Jones was still working in that town.
Did not know

Charleston, WV

#78 Sep 6, 2010
local wrote:
Billy Ball. Jones did not move into Gauley until after Billy was executed. And yes, Billy did not deserve to die. He harmed no one and did not deserve what they did to him.
U did not hear

Charleston, WV

#79 Sep 6, 2010
Shelly76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would like to say thank you for believing in the Roop family. I consider Sue my aunt and always will. Ellen Roop was my aunt. Married into the Roop family. If we had proof that Raymond Roop killed Sue...we would walk 100,000 miles in 180 degree weather barefoot to get it to the athoriries. Do I believe Raymond Roop is responsible...Yes I do! Just wish we had proof! Atleast he is in prison where he will remain for the rest of his life and will have plenty of time to think about what he did...and I hope it haunts him every single day of his miserable life!!
Raymond Roop is not in prison. He is well and living in the Charleston area. You sure don't know much about your family do you. Yet if you consider Sue your aunt them you should have kept up with Raymond's place of residence.
ted

Charleston, WV

#80 Sep 9, 2010
This I so sad. I wish something could be done

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gauley Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
flying all colors 2 hr Gomery Boy 4
Poor Shawn Cooper 4 hr Single 2
crime rate (Jun '10) 13 hr 304redneck 50
Amber Cenre (Feb '17) 19 hr Wondering 15
John Parker 22 hr Barbie 4
Kim Legg Mon Just wondering 1
Will MOORE Grab Trump Votes Mon CaveMan 3

Gauley Bridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance