unsolved murders in Gauley Bridge

Posted in the Gauley Bridge Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
unknown

United States

#1 Jun 6, 2009
Does anyone remember Sue Roop or Jimmy Childers? I believe that both of them were Murdered. Why can't justice be done and someone find what happened to both of these people. Sue's body has never been found and her remains should be laid to rest. She has been missing for thirty years. Can someone say what happened to Sue or Jimmy? I don't wish to leave my name but I knew both of these people and I would like their murders to be solved someday. Both of these people were good people and neither of them deserved what they got.
GERRY

Jefferson, OH

#2 Jul 31, 2009
Thank you for CAREING THERE BEEN ALOT OF THE TIME AS PAST. you are right. i know both @ love them very much. PLEASE HELP US FIND WHO DID THIS.
unknown wrote:
Does anyone remember Sue Roop or Jimmy Childers? I believe that both of them were Murdered. Why can't justice be done and someone find what happened to both of these people. Sue's body has never been found and her remains should be laid to rest. She has been missing for thirty years. Can someone say what happened to Sue or Jimmy? I don't wish to leave my name but I knew both of these people and I would like their murders to be solved someday. Both of these people were good people and neither of them deserved what they got.
friend

Foster, WV

#3 Aug 11, 2009
I am glad that someone else in this world cares about what happened to these people. I wish that something could be done to find out what happened to them. Theirs is not the only unsolved murders in the area of Gauley Bridge there are others that remain unsolved like Cathy Carroll and many others. I think it is a shame that people get killed and the people who did this to them walk free or has anyone been charged with the crimes?
GERRY

Willoughby, OH

#4 Aug 12, 2009
any one that know any thing about jimmy childers ,sue roop please send me any information privatly.dont send from your local post office .go out of your area.
(let see if we can make them pay)
SENT TO: Gerry Ashley
512 INDEPENDENCE St.(rear)
Fairport Harbor ohio 44077
anna

United States

#5 Aug 17, 2009
i have been wondering if the susie roop case had ever been solved she was a very sweet woman and once helped me when i was pregnant and in a very bad car accident on cains branch i hope they find the person responsable for her disapperence
friend

Ithaca, NY

#6 Aug 17, 2009
i have heard rumors about what happened to her. I don't know if they are true or not. I don't wish to give my name. I hope that whoever did kill or her or whoever is responsible for her disappearance pays for what they did. She was a good person and I don't think she deserved what she got.
unsure

Charleston, WV

#7 Aug 22, 2009
didn't someone already go to prison for her murder, wasn't it like her ex-husband or something?
friend

United States

#8 Aug 22, 2009
I think her ex-husband went to prison for someone else's murder not hers.
unsure

Charleston, WV

#9 Aug 22, 2009
i have one for you, in the late 70's there was a man brutally murdered at the Lodge in GB, his name was Jesse Jarrett. His body was found and as horrid as it was they still never seemed to find who killed him. would anyone happen to know any info on that case?
heather

Charleston, WV

#10 Aug 22, 2009
unsure wrote:
i have one for you, in the late 70's there was a man brutally murdered at the Lodge in GB, his name was Jesse Jarrett. His body was found and as horrid as it was they still never seemed to find who killed him. would anyone happen to know any info on that case?
they probally still live there but no seiosly i did here about that also
friend

United States

#11 Aug 23, 2009
I wish that someone would find out what happened to Sue Roop or to some of these other people. The rumor was that The Roop family invited her to a party that was outdoors somewhere in the Gauley Bridge area. She stepped behind someone's truck to pea and Raymond (her exhusband) shot her. They had to use tons of bleach to get rid of all the blood. They took her body and put it in a trash can and put the trash can in hole somewhere in a fishing hole in Cotton Hill. This is just a rumor and I don't want to leave my name. This is just what was told.
hillbilly

Chambersburg, PA

#12 Aug 24, 2009
I lived there in the fiftys ther was a sailors body found stuffed in a duffel bag i think between chimley corner and gauley bridge and to my knowlage was never solved.
gerry

Willoughby, OH

#13 Aug 24, 2009
r roop was found in the south for the muder of a man out of ansted.in the late 80,s.
not for sue roop muder.
we still need more.
thank you
GERRY
unsure

Charleston, WV

#14 Aug 24, 2009
i wonder how many people could respond with names of missing people and unsolved murders in this town before someone "bigger than us" would start paying attention? it's not like we have the mothman or anything to blame it on, it just looks like this is the best place to get away with it.
GERRY

Willoughby, OH

#15 Sep 1, 2009
there always a murder in gauley or around there.
the ? is who,when and how long will it take for someone tell all.your small towns don't have a homicide unit. look at gauley and other city around you.the police are fresh out of high school and are still in pamper.
anyone who know or have information please contact me .my address is above.

GERRY
buddy

Foster, WV

#16 Sep 1, 2009
Are you related to Sue Roop or Jimmy Childers? just wondering. I knew both of them.
GERRY

Willoughby, OH

#17 Sep 2, 2009
let,s make them pay!!!!!!!
tell me some thine good and back it up.
all murders can pay .it just take one to speak out.com e on small Town don't me chicken help.

GERRY
address above
unsure

Charleston, WV

#18 Sep 2, 2009
you know if you guys have pics of sue and jimmy, you could always set up a website devoted to finding them or info about them, people all over could always know info. just a suggestion.
GERRY

Willoughby, OH

#19 Sep 2, 2009
thank you so much this will open some eyes . you have been helpful.i was happy to get the mail today. anyone can do this and help,
thank u
thank u sent me more !!!!!!!!!

GERRY
friend

Ithaca, NY

#20 Sep 2, 2009
unsure wrote:
you know if you guys have pics of sue and jimmy, you could always set up a website devoted to finding them or info about them, people all over could always know info. just a suggestion.
I would think that Sue's family would have pictures of her. The same with Jimmy's family. His mother lives right there in Gauley Bridge. She is a nice lady. I think Sue's family is still in Gauley Bridge too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gauley Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good News 39 min Just so u know 10
Eagle's Club (Oct '15) 44 min Valleystud 22
Child molester (Feb '16) 3 hr I hate a CM 2
montgomery sucks (Feb '15) 4 hr You got that righ... 13
Sam foster (Jun '11) 8 hr Kurious 10
Tara burdette 16 hr Hellojello 14
News Three murderers try to escape from Mount Olive (Jul '12) Wed justme 31

Gauley Bridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance