Audit: Gauley Bridge police lied about DUI records

Posted in the Gauley Bridge Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
police lied

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 28, 2012
http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201210270075...

The audit noted that falsifying state records is a felony punishable by up to one year and no more than 10 years in prison. The audit does not name officers who might have falsified the records.

Fayette County Prosecuting Attorney Carl Harris said in February that his office was cooperating with the State Police in a records investigation.
ignorant

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 28, 2012
If the leaders of the town are that ignorant,what does that say about the citizens?
Show me the Money

Lewisburg, WV

#3 Oct 28, 2012
I hope they lock up the whole damn bunch.
ignorant

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 28, 2012
So what is the mayor trying to hide?

''Winebrenner refused to answer questions about Whipkey and criticized reporters for giving Gauley Bridge a reputation as a "speed trap."''

And this is what you say when you want to get out of your responsibility of leading the town.

''Gauley Bridge Mayor Byron Winebrenner said he never inquired about the investigation because it occurred under former Mayor Stephanie Fout. Fout did not return multiple phone calls seeking comment.''
ignorant

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 29, 2012
And now they say they ''promise''.I wounder how long they will keep that promise? They know nothing will happen to them if they break the promise.

''Gauley Bridge officials promised to "strengthen internal controls to thoroughly review any and all documentation prior to submitting to prior outside grantor agencies," according to the audit.''
ignorant

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 29, 2012
My guess is they are looking at where did all the millions of dollars go?

''Fayette County Prosecuting Attorney Carl Harris said in February that his office was cooperating with the State Police in a records investigation.

Neither Harris nor State Police spokesman Sgt. Michael Baylous would say what records were being scrutinized.''
wondering

Sutton, WV

#7 Nov 5, 2012
isn't one of carl harris' asst. pros. atty. also the legal man for gauley bridge
Hather

Charleston, WV

#8 Nov 6, 2012
wondering wrote:
isn't one of carl harris' asst. pros. atty. also the legal man for gauley bridge
Yes he is
Finally

Charleston, WV

#9 Nov 7, 2012
Who cares anymore. Chief Whipkey is gone and the town is about bankrupt now. Just sit back and watch it sink.
polly

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Nov 8, 2012
i just cant believe any of these law abiding law enforcement officers of gauley would not tell the truth or change records. can you?
Now thats funny

Charleston, WV

#11 Nov 8, 2012
polly wrote:
i just cant believe any of these law abiding law enforcement officers of gauley would not tell the truth or change records. can you?
Thats the funniest thing I've read in a long time,hahaha

Thanks for making my day!
Seldom Seen

Summersville, WV

#12 Nov 8, 2012
When I lived there, Charley Keenan was the only person allowed to drive drunk in GB. The town even bought him a Jeep Cherokee to drive drunk in.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Nov 11, 2012
No need for a mayor, much less a police department there anyway. There are no alcohol establishments, no street lights, no high school, and not much else going on down there. Plus, the State Police detachment is at the end of the four lane.
Cops lied

Belle, WV

#14 Nov 14, 2012
Type in ''Gauley Bridge'' in this link http://www.wvsao.gov/cid/pdfAuditWebApp/defau... and go to the 2011 audit. Then scroll down to the bottom were it tells about the speeding ticket money didn't end up in the Town's bank account.It has came up missing. And a whole lot more interesting stuff.
maggy

Oak Hill, WV

#15 Nov 14, 2012
so why isnt several peoples ass ready for prison here??
Cops lied

Belle, WV

#16 Nov 14, 2012
maggy wrote:
so why isnt several peoples ass ready for prison here??
It is my understanding that they made a deal that no one would be prosecuted if they quit there jobs and never apply for a government job again and they culd keep the money that was stolen.
Speed trap alert again

Amarillo, TX

#17 Nov 14, 2012
Drove through again and there they sit alongside the road. Go figure.
Cops lied

Belle, WV

#18 Nov 15, 2012
Speed trap alert again wrote:
Drove through again and there they sit alongside the road. Go figure.
Maybe they need some money? They no nothing will happen to them if they are caught stealing the money. They no you can't do nothing if they give you a speeding ticket even if you are going the speed limit.
xomc

Oak Hill, WV

#19 Nov 15, 2012
Cops lied wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my understanding that they made a deal that no one would be prosecuted if they quit there jobs and never apply for a government job again and they culd keep the money that was stolen.
and to hell with all the people that were done wrong huh? to hell with the people that had to pay all these bullshit fines and get insurance premium increases.my thoughts
noneatall

Amarillo, TX

#20 Nov 15, 2012
ignorant wrote:
If the leaders of the town are that ignorant,what does that say about the citizens?
We go to the town meeting at times they will not allow you to talk. They vote thinks in and at the last minute change thier mind or do as they want. This board only cares about 2 things..... how many tickets the police write and where is thier pay. You can make offers, suggestions, they just DON'T CARE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gauley Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fayette County man shot in leg, police say (Aug '12) 7 hr Dog 341
zumba???? 7 hr Srr 4
shooting 11 hr police everywhere 6
Rosie Keeney Sat Poopin on you hoes 1
Richard McVey (Jul '14) Sat Wondering 113
what did the pill w*ore do this time? Jan 23 Leo Tolstoy 2
Missing Girl Jan 23 doubletime 3
Gauley Bridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web