The Day Gauley Bridge Died

Posted in the Gauley Bridge Forum

The Colonel

Shrewsbury, PA

#1 Nov 13, 2011
Sad, but true, When Mayor/Coach Charley Keenan died the town did too, without even knowing it.
Sad

Belle, WV

#2 Nov 14, 2011
The Colonel wrote:
Sad, but true, When Mayor/Coach Charley Keenan died the town did too, without even knowing it.
That was the first sad event that took place in Gauley. Yea you are right the town did die when Keenan left; however, there was another event that killed the town of which it is having too paying for and will still be paying for for many years down the road. That town is not even worth going into. Nothing left!
G I Joe

Belle, WV

#3 May 29, 2012
When GBHS got wrongfully closed down
Mark James Curtsinger

Burlington, KY

#4 Jun 4, 2012
yep very sad picture. when i lived in belva back in the early 70s, gauley was beautiful and every building was occupied with stores and a motel. hell i think there was a kroger foodstore there also. i went back to gauley in 08 and i couldn't believe what i saw. it looked like a ghost town with alot of old wore out buildings.i was shocked too see this. The gateway to Hawks Nest State Park looking like this? WHY??? i wanted my kids to see my ol stomping grounds. i still love gauley and always will. the town,the people and the mountains are in my blood. R.I.P. GAULEY BRIDGE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gauley Bridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lee Jones A decorated police chief of Gauley Br... (Mar '10) 13 hr Shelly76 214
Gauley Bridge Sued (Dec '13) 20 hr Truth 8
Witchcraft, Wicca, Witches (Oct '12) Oct 26 wow 48
What ever happened to Austin Odell Oct 6 redneck 1
Mayor & Recorder Sep '14 Dash 5
Gauley Bridge Town counsel Sep '14 James2014 1
Tamara Foster (May '13) Sep '14 mdp 35
Gauley Bridge Dating
Find my Match

Gauley Bridge People Search