jeff

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Im planning to move there as soon as possible. Is there any work available uet? When do places start hiring for summer? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
jeff
Mr Haney

Tamassee, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

No work! I'd reccomend staying where you're at. Minimum wages & hours.You'll wind up in a weekly rental until you can't pay that, thn to the woods you will go.
Please search other areas.
Mike

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

I was wondering which is the better law enforcement agency to work with there. I am a Police Officer in Georgia now. My wife and I want to move to the mountains and Gatlinburg is the only place we've been.
Don Johnson

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

There are jobs if you look but timing is everything in order to get a job, several jobs are seasonal or part time but its also not that far from Knoxville if you find yourself looking in the winter months

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/search/jjj...

http://www.themountainpress.com/

http://www.indeed.com/jobs...
randy

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

hey Mike. it really is hard to answer your question honestly without more information on what type of police work you like..such as are you a patrol officer. Detective. doyou work inside the police dept. those sort of questions.. so to answer your question in a general preseptive. there is lots of corruption in this area and the police are always being investgated. but i guess there is corrution everywhere. so if your an honest person you may or may not find this is not what you want ..if you not honest you will love it here. i think and this just my opinion that Gatlinburg is the most dishonest police dept. the sheriff office seams to treat locals great. and i would say they are the lesser of the evils but still have thier problems. and again it all depends of who you talk to to which is the best or worse. in my Opinion and This is just my opinion... Sherff office followed by Severville, Pigeon Forge .and as a last resort Gatlinburg.. if you would like to share what type of police work you like doing i may beable to point you to which city you might like to work for. hope this helps and again its just MY opinion there is great and not so great people here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gatlinburg Discussions

Search the Gatlinburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min Julia 140,566
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr WAC 8,898
this weekend 25-27 7 hr jcameron 1
Bed Bugs (Sep '10) Mon well well 5
Adult Fun in Gatlinburg (Sep '08) Mon hueyp 80
hard rock Mon Guest 3
Once-forbidden moonshine now providing signific... Jul 20 bear facts 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gatlinburg Jobs

•••