Unhappy visitor

Columbia, SC

#1 Sep 11, 2010
What are the hotels going to do about this problem.
They are there.
Hello

Mableton, GA

#2 Sep 11, 2010
I can across a web site that has complaints of people who came across bed bugs, while staying at hotels all over the world.
I could not believe that Wilderness at the Smokies had a few complaints of bed bugs. You'd think if you spent $130 a night, they take every precaution to prevent them. Apparently not. I could see one of the low end motels that lack up keep having them, but not one you pay that much for. They are to be held to a higher standard than that.
a bug man

United States

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Bed bugs are not concerned with the cost of the room the ritz the white house as well as motel 6 have all had bed bugs and if they tell you diferent they are lying I hope that folks will read up on how to look and most importantly learn how not to transfer them it is an epicdmic in the us again and the epa needs to release the ban on what works
Felicia Jones

Guntersville, AL

#4 Jun 29, 2014
Was in room 23005 and had bedbugs this past Sunday night. Complained to manager that we had to pick them off of us and even had a dead one in the room for house keeping to see. They came in and "investigated" and saw nothing. After going online to research more on bedbugs, Those black spots on the mattress were droppings of bedbugs!!!! But the Manager on hand (I have his name but thought I may not better post it) said they found no evidence and would NOT be treating the room before allowing another family to fall victim! I put it out of my mind as we left the Wilderness and went to a different hotel to try to relax. Now I am home and I will be calling the health department next week and I will start to reak havoc on public relations of the Wilderness. I will find every single travel place online starting with tripadvisor com all the way to the bed bug websites that expose hotel that HIDE the issue. I never asked for a thing from the Wilderness -- only for the room to be treated before renting it back out. One of the 3 check in associates was so sorry and apoligized over a dozen times and did mention to one of the others that they have had this come up many times before and they just give the customer a gift card to one of the restaurants on site while our personal belongings are heat treated to kill any bugs, but the manager said he would not honor that because they didn't find any evidence. And since there was no evidence, our items would not be treated NOR THE ROOM. AND THAT is not acceptable! I know the terror my 11 year old had all this week trying to calm down and sleep only to wake up 2 to 4 times a night for me to check his bed again and again.
well well

Morristown, TN

#5 Jul 21, 2014
Hello wrote:
I can across a web site that has complaints of people who came across bed bugs, while staying at hotels all over the world.
I could not believe that Wilderness at the Smokies had a few complaints of bed bugs. You'd think if you spent $130 a night, they take every precaution to prevent them. Apparently not. I could see one of the low end motels that lack up keep having them, but not one you pay that much for. They are to be held to a higher standard than that.
If someone who works there has them at home they can spread that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gatlinburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Demented Sherry 50 min Carl 1
Billy king 3 hr Houdini 8
Amy Hopewell threads deleted? 21 hr Misti 2
Bud Mcgoig runs a human dog pound at the jail Sat Wide awake 6
Myers Fri Lady Gaga 1
Topix "shnozz talk" (Mar '16) Feb 16 Jeeeezpride 17
News Gatlinburg will test outdoor warning system sir... Feb 13 Gatlinburg Resident 1

Gatlinburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gatlinburg Mortgages