GGS

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

Hello. Can someone asssit me please? Can you assist me please? I am a student doing a research project on the women's prison in Gatesville called Mountain View. What does the inside of the cell look like? If one were to escape, what is nearby? Woods? Park? If there are woods and or a park, what are the names? Is there a creek or stream in the woods or park? Any information you can tell me would be appreciated. Thank you.
Waycross48

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2009

Judged:

I don't know if you've had an answer to your question, but I can give you some information. I have been to the Gatesville Prisons as part of a prison ministry. As far as escape goes - Gatesville is nothing but a "town" out in the middle of NO WHERE of just prison facilities. There are no woods, parks or other places to hide. These are high security prisons. I've visited with inmates on Death Row and, believe me, there is NO escape from Gatesville. The cells I saw are basic prison cells - what you are allowed to have depends totally on the level of housing where you are. Some inmates have small televisions. But, at Mountain View (I write to a lady there whom I met while she was on death row. She is not allowed to have any type of decorations in her cell. She puts out a paper Christmas tree that was a greeting card - this is her Christmas decoration. They can have nothing sent to them - it must come from the prison store. If you are caught with contraband - it is a serious infraction. All mail is read - going out and coming in adn is sniffed for drugs. All phone calls are monitored. But to answer your main question - you just cannot escape from Mountain View. There are armed guards everywhere, high fences wrapped with razor wire and prisoners are tightly controlled and monitored. I don't know the statistics on the number of escape attempts from Gatesville, but I don't think there have been any successes.
April

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

why are some prisoners moved from one prison to another? Shouldnt they just stay there term at one place? Or does this mean that they are getting ready to sent them home?
tdc boss

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

why would you need to know this information? Are you planning to assist an offender in an escape plan? Why would you need to know the surroundings outside the prison? These questions you are asking really raise an eyebrow in my opinion.
chris wood

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

this is a situation that can't be solved.first thing is that the state of texas has its own way of doing things didn't you ever hear don't mess with texas well that just about does it don't it. not knowing if the guards are female which i would gather yes you have to consider that woman like that have to have power over the powerless for they are powerless at home.hey i can't change the mind set of a woman or the mind set of the state of texas but i'm against the death pentality to begin with one doesn't make up for the other no two ways about it.its not punishment it's retribution.death never bothered anyone it the thought of dieing that does the dead don't know they're dead.
Retired Prison Boss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Judged:

Yes the information requested is not something one should write on line. Sounds like the author of this is interested in passing on information to a death row offender. Guess I should tell them about the towers and the guards with guns who would enjoy shooting an offender on the fence.

I know I spent months on end in a tower, and believe me I would not have hesitated for a second if an offender was to touch the fence. DEAD OFFENDER!
vicki

Bulverde, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Retired Prison Boss wrote:
Yes the information requested is not something one should write on line. Sounds like the author of this is interested in passing on information to a death row offender. Guess I should tell them about the towers and the guards with guns who would enjoy shooting an offender on the fence.
I know I spent months on end in a tower, and believe me I would not have hesitated for a second if an offender was to touch the fence. DEAD OFFENDER!
You are just the kind of officer that was there to feel powerful. If you shot a prisoner for simply touching a fence, you MAY not have been charged but you would have been looking for a job. Even Texas prisons have their limits with officers like you.
yo big daddy

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

GGS must be a trick that is passing info to some bulldagger lover located inside. just keep mailin her that stationary and chump change for stamps. Don't expect a contact visit when you go there unless you want to bend over and get your crack inspected contraband.

Since: Oct 09

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

I am just reading a book called Feindish Killers and in one of the stories the victims sister cried tears of joy when she found out the killer was going to Mountain View prison. It is a very hard regime but if you just google Mountain View you will find out tons of stuff for your research.

Since: Oct 09

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

I just found this link and hope it is okay for me to pass it on. I think some of you were a bit harsh implying they were not students but wanted to break the law. GGS I hope this helps you with your work plus if you google planet earth it will show you the outside of Mountain View.

http://writeaprisoner.com/vbforum/f89/what-li...

Having said all of this I hope to god you are a genuine student and not wanting to get into trouble
the bill collector

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

well acdc had a song called jail break. how about im breaking out of gatesville prison, its out in the middle of no where. where im headed i dont really care.oh theres a electric fence, and guards with watch dogs. im screwed, so im gonna go back to bed and saw some logs.
mark kitchen

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

its easy to go to prison, but its not easy escaping prison when your a inmate. i have never been in prison, but i have heard alot from people who have. ill tell you what write to darlie routier 999220, mountain view unit, 2305 ransom rd., gatesville tx. 76528. darlie will tell you, shes a inmate there. as far as i know she never once tried to escape. tell darlie mark kitchen gave you her address, she would enjoy hearing from you. what ever darlie saids is right. darlie would never tell you any wrong, trust me i know her and she never told me any wrong.
Angela

Midland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Well the person who murdered my brother in cold blood, and got away with it is now sitting in Gatesville prison for 20 years on a drug charge. go figure, he can take a life and walk, but will serve 20 years for drugs. I guess I'm just grateful he's paying for it somehow. I hope he rots in there, and never gets out.
t miller

Livingston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

hi im just trying to find out how it looks inside a texas female prison how may per cell how the days go by and more ... i am getting charged with selling drugs and they are tring to give me 16 years and i dont even have a bad record this is my 2nd time getting in trouble please help me out so i can prepare myself god bless
bad dog

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

I want to know if I would be able to borrow some of those hoe squad fluffs from of one of those units to weed out my garden and mow some tall grass. They need to be resistant to fire ant bites.
Kanny Zoblowski

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Angela from Midland, TX: You mean the Alfred D. Hughes Unit, right? That is the only Gatesville unit for men.
Kassi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Hi, my mom is in the Woodman unit. She was sentenced to twelve years for embezzlement. It is the first offense she has ever had. I wanted to know is there a lot of violence in the unit, and just what ever else you can tell me that would be useful.
Sarah

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

That prison in Gatesville is where Yolanda Saldivar is. She's the woman who killed Selena
Maria

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

U know yolanda Saldviar is a stupid bitch!! i dont know why she killed Selena. did she get out of prison yet? cuz i think she needs 2 stay in there 4 the rest of her life. she had no right 2 kill her. i feel sorry for selena she was my fav. singer and now that shes gone. everyone remembers her!!
Kasie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2010

People in that prison are flippin crazy! my boyfriend went there for helpin in the murder of his dad! James Grant i loved you now i hate you! i cant believe you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Gatesville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Gatesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance