Fort Hood soldier killed in Harker Heights

Sep 19, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Austin American-Statesman

A Fort Hood soldier was killed after an altercation in Harker Heights last week, but police have not released further details about his death. via Austin American-Statesman

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2009
Mark Wallace

Dorset, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

I'm writing from Somerville MA,the hometown of the soldier, Nick Peters that was killed. I was his Little League baseball coach. As you can imagine, his family is having a hard time. They have been trying to get information from the police without success. The Police are holding his body until they finish their investigation.
Nick also played ice hockey here in town and was the captain of the high school team. The people in the city that knew Nick are devestated with this news. Like millions of others, he was a good kid and will be missed. He spent about a year over in Iraq fighting for his country. A patriot, but still just a kid.
His parents Chuck and Tracy and sisters Shanna and Britney, and girlfriend Erica's lives have changed forever.
I can still see a 6 year old Nick skating at the rink and at 8 years old hitting a baseball.
Lisa Munson

Claremont, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

I am writing from Somerville MA, Nick's hometown. I have known Nick since he was a child. My sons played both hockey and baseball with Nick. My sons like all of Nick friends are devastated by his death. His parents Chuck and Tracey and his sisters Shanna and Britney and his girlfriend Erica need answers to this senseless tragedy. Nick will be missed by everyone in Somerville. He was a great kid.
Melissa Coco

Groton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

I am Nicholas Peters aunt(chucky is my brother). Yes chuck, tracey, erica, and his sisters need answers, but so does the rest of his family. I know he was a great kid...I knew him his whole life...since the day he was born, and the people that did this will burn in hell. I hope their lives are horrible from that day forward, because our lives will never be the same. Are lives as we knew it was shattered into little pieces that day, and will NEVER be put back together. I LOVE U SO MUCH NICKY RIP. Watch over us, and help us through this.
SPC Jusitn Rogers

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

Me & Petey went to AIT together. i'm am also a 44B. i've known this kid for about 2 yrs now. we're in the same Brigade & we served in iraq together. i recently got back from leave & recieved a call today about what happened.
i can't believe that this has happened. Petey is a good kid. funny, witty & a smart ass. but i have never known him to cause trouble. i feel very sad for his family & his girlfriend that he spoke of so much. i met his parents once i think when they came to hood. i hope we findout who did this and that they suffer the consequences for their actions. Petey will be missed by all of us that knew him. but we will all see him again. i just wish i would of been there that night. sorry brother man.

wish me luck
-Roge

Since: Jul 07

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2007

SPC Jusitn Rogers wrote:
Me & Petey went to AIT together. i'm am also a 44B. i've known this kid for about 2 yrs now. we're in the same Brigade & we served in iraq together. i recently got back from leave & recieved a call today about what happened.
i can't believe that this has happened. Petey is a good kid. funny, witty & a smart ass. but i have never known him to cause trouble. i feel very sad for his family & his girlfriend that he spoke of so much. i met his parents once i think when they came to hood. i hope we findout who did this and that they suffer the consequences for their actions. Petey will be missed by all of us that knew him. but we will all see him again. i just wish i would of been there that night. sorry brother man.
wish me luck
-Roge
I know someone saw it, I was at 206 that night, and I saw alot of joes rush outside like something was going on, I didnt go out but I know someone knows something.
sad in tewks

Bolton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

I can't believe that one of our boys just back from war could be treated in such a way, any way other than as a hero. The police should be ashamed of themselves for not having tha culprits in lock up. I was at the funeral it was the most heart wrenching day of my life.We are all proud of Nicky and what a good man he has become he will be sadly missed.I only hope that if the local Barney Fifes can't pull their heads out of their asses that Nicky's brigade of brothers can get to the bottom of it.
SPC Oksness

Saint Robert, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

It really breaks my heart that this happened to Peters. He was a good guy. We were in the same Company in Fort Hood. He was always so nice to me and he was a hard worker. I just PCSed from Hood to Leonard Wood... makes me so sad. I just can't believe we all make it back from Iraq alive and together....then something like this has to happen. I really hope that we all can get some answers soon to what happened!!
Katrina Parson bna LJ

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

I had the honor of meeting Peters at Ft.Hood,TX. He was in the same squad as me. He was a great person to be around. He always had us laughing and everyone loved his boston accent. I just found out about this tragedy. I was visiting his MySpace page and saw all these RIP comments. I emailed a former battlebuddy and she told me what happened. I was shocked and upset. Peters was a good friend to me and helped me out a lot while I was in the military. My condolences go out to his family and girlfriend who I know he loved very much. I hope this crime is solved and whoever did it is given the maximum punishment. RIP PETERS!
HH Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

The young man that accidently killed SPC Nick Peters outside a Harker Heights bar took his own life earlier this week.
Nicks Aunt

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2008

HH Resident wrote:
The young man that accidently killed SPC Nick Peters outside a Harker Heights bar took his own life earlier this week.
Yes he did and that is very sad, but you say he accidently killed him. Accident or not he punched him and he died. How was it an accident???? Did his fist accidently hit my nephew??? I know he might not of meant to kill my nephew, but he did. Sometimes there are bad conqsequences to hitting people. Its not like he accidently hit him with a car because he didn't see him....he meant to punch him in the face. I wouldn't call that an accident. I would have rather seen him go to trial and get punished for what he did. I wanted him to live everyday knowing he killed someone. I have to live everyday knowing he killed my nephew. There are consequences to hitting someone.....they can get really hurt or DIE. I would never wish death on anyone...I would rather of liked to see him live with it for the rest of his life, but he took the easy way out. I do feel for his friend and family, but he gets not sympathy from me. He just hurt his friends and family more by killing himself. Suicide in my eyes is a SELFISH act. He was thinking only of himself, and not caring about the pain & sorrow he is leaving behind.
Can See Both Sides

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I did not know SPC Peters personally, but I did know the man who killed him. He was not a bad person. He was so horrified with what happened he couldn't handle it. I'm not saying it's right, but a lot of people get into barfights. I couldn't imagine the remorse I would have felt should one of my childhood fights have ended that way. Hopefully others will learn from the tragedy.
Robert

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Even greater than the tragedy of losing a soldier at war is the senseless tragedy of hearing that one of our own has been murdered. My prayers go to his family and loved ones. God be with you, SPC Peters.
regular from Heights

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2008

Nicks Aunt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he did and that is very sad, but you say he accidently killed him. Accident or not he punched him and he died. How was it an accident???? Did his fist accidently hit my nephew??? I know he might not of meant to kill my nephew, but he did. Sometimes there are bad conqsequences to hitting people. Its not like he accidently hit him with a car because he didn't see him....he meant to punch him in the face. I wouldn't call that an accident. I would have rather seen him go to trial and get punished for what he did. I wanted him to live everyday knowing he killed someone. I have to live everyday knowing he killed my nephew. There are consequences to hitting someone.....they can get really hurt or DIE. I would never wish death on anyone...I would rather of liked to see him live with it for the rest of his life, but he took the easy way out. I do feel for his friend and family, but he gets not sympathy from me. He just hurt his friends and family more by killing himself. Suicide in my eyes is a SELFISH act. He was thinking only of himself, and not caring about the pain & sorrow he is leaving behind.
I am sorry for your loss. I was there that night. It truly was an accident on Joeys part. It was after the 206 closed and they had nothing to do with it. Everyone hangs out at the pizza place next door. There was an argument but the guy that hit your nephew was not part of it until he and his buds mistakenly thought he was. Joey defended himself. It is sad that the guy got killed but it was a freak thing and if he hadnt been out causing trouble then it would have never happened. Joey taking his own life was horrible too, but the police cleared him before that. I hope that fact gave him a little comfort. I guess not enough. No one wants to think it was our loved ones fault when something bad happens but in this case Joey was in the right and the other guy wasn't and he ended up paying the ultimate price.
family frind

North Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

just to let you know nick was breaking up a fight when one of his frinds thoght joey was going to sart whit him he ran from the club get into it with joe joe got up and attact nick from behind throwing apunch to the back of his head knocking him down and at this point were not sure what happens witness say it look like joe got on top of nick while he was face down and throw two more punches the medcal experts say the ONLY way this could have happen was from a voilent twist of the neck you still think joey was in the right
family frind

North Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

joey was not cleared by the police in fact the trial was going to start the day after he killed himself
Andy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

family frind wrote:
joey was not cleared by the police in fact the trial was going to start the day after he killed himself
You have ZERO idea what you are talking about. The trial was going to start???? Joey wasn't even arrested much less charged. You are just making things up about a man who is dead. Things happen when you are out at 3 oclock in the morning. This was a bad one but Joey was defending himself and it was a freak thing.
dad

North Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

andy this is nicks dad the grand jury trial not a trial was going to start the state of texas fly me @ my wife in for the trial.If you were there and knows what happen i would like to talk with you .
dad

North Attleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

andy if you want to you can e-mail at npeters1407@yahoo.com.
Luciano from Somerville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

I knew nicky he was a great kid I also knew his Lil sister Brittany who jus recently passed away I jus want to say I'm thinking of you guys everyday and I'm seeing nick and Brittany together in heaven our Somerville angels I just want to say that I will always remember both of them they are great kids and I miss them I want to jus say to the parents you made two wonderful kids that are true angels and will always b remembered as kind funny beautiful people

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gatesville Discussions

Search the Gatesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 11 min Imperial Chicano 17,166
198th Light Infantry Brigade (Jul '09) 1 hr Wilbur Yoder 12
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 hr Losers 21,603
1 st Armored Division (May '09) Jul 26 Jayar 40
Training at Ft. Hood Jul 26 Jayar 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gatesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gatesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••