What about Shoemaker Elem new princip...

What about Shoemaker Elem new principal, Cindy Dorton

Posted in the Gate City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Just Wondering

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jan 23, 2011
Anybody have an thoughts on Mrs Dorton?
Only You

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jan 23, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
Whas that your conclusion, or simply the point in the conversation where you got tired of thinking? I'd explain it to you, but I don't have any crayons with me.
the cat

Ringgold, GA

#3 Jan 24, 2011
is she the one who used to teach math a gcms? or the one who taught english?
GCHS Class of 2008

Atlanta, GA

#4 Mar 19, 2011
she is an extraordinary educator. I had her in 8th grade English and had the pleasure to work with her in the summers and can confidently assert that she is more than qualified as principal. She is a caring and intelligent woman who will bring positive change to any school she manages, and Shoemaker is lucky to have her.
Jim Scott County

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Apr 8, 2011
GCHS Class of 2008 wrote:
she is an extraordinary educator. I had her in 8th grade English and had the pleasure to work with her in the summers and can confidently assert that she is more than qualified as principal. She is a caring and intelligent woman who will bring positive change to any school she manages, and Shoemaker is lucky to have her.
Not what I hear. Hear she Is VERY UNPOPULAR with parents ,staff and students. She got this spot so she would" not have to drive so far". She is very tight w/ JS. Just another one of his favortism moves towards anyone or thing related to TSHS.
Jim Scott County

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Apr 8, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
ASk any parent who has a kid at shoemaker- you'll get an ear full.
Laughing

Gate City, VA

#7 Apr 8, 2011
She is about as qualified to be a principal as Obama is to be president. She needs to learn how to talk and treat people. It is hard to respect someone who does not respect others. Just another example of how sorry the school system really is.
He hate me

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Apr 8, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
Everyone I talked to says principal before her was great. Dorton not so much.
lala

Gate City, VA

#9 Apr 8, 2011
she is terrible! she was principle at DPS and not many parents that i know have a good thing to say about her. my personal experience with her wasn't very good. my husband went in to get my daughter after they screwed up and sent her home on the bus instead of keeping her after school like they were supposed to and he had never been in there before and when i got the voicemail that she needed to be picked up cindy dorton told me her grandmother had picked her up and the people in office only knew that a man had come to get her. they had no idea who it was. i called my husband and figured out it was him that had picked her up. im glad she's gone from DPS but i hate that Shoemaker got her!
really

Kingsport, TN

#10 Apr 8, 2011
so is she the one who taught 7th grade math or 8th grade english at gcms?
sara

Bluff City, TN

#11 Apr 17, 2011
all i am going to say is i am really thinking about
puting my kids in a diffrent school all and the parents
i know doesn't like her
fortunate parent

United States

#12 May 24, 2011
As a parent of a child at Shoemaker, I feel very fortunate to have Mrs. Dorton as my child's principal. She has made many great NEEDED changes. Some other parents may not adjust well to change; however, I feel the school is much safer and calmer. She appears to "be on top" of things and always knows what is going on in her school. I hear the staff that are doing his/her job and work hard also like her a lot. I also hear that if they are not doing as expected, she will let them know....exactly what a principal should do! My child speaks highly of Mrs. Dorton on a daily basis and often mentions the hugs she gets from her. What more could you ask for, structure in the school, professionalism, safety, and compassion?
ric flair

Johnson City, TN

#13 May 24, 2011
fortunate parent wrote:
As a parent of a child at Shoemaker, I feel very fortunate to have Mrs. Dorton as my child's principal. She has made many great NEEDED changes. Some other parents may not adjust well to change; however, I feel the school is much safer and calmer. She appears to "be on top" of things and always knows what is going on in her school. I hear the staff that are doing his/her job and work hard also like her a lot. I also hear that if they are not doing as expected, she will let them know....exactly what a principal should do! My child speaks highly of Mrs. Dorton on a daily basis and often mentions the hugs she gets from her. What more could you ask for, structure in the school, professionalism, safety, and compassion?
is that you Cindy?
I thought so, cause NO ONE I know has anything good to say about the changes that have taken place. Parents, kids and staff are NOT happy, write it down.
Toraja

Johnson City, TN

#14 May 24, 2011
ric flair wrote:
<quoted text> is that you Cindy?
I thought so, cause NO ONE I know has anything good to say about the changes that have taken place. Parents, kids and staff are NOT happy, write it down.
Your problem is that you don't know anyone that knows anything.
fortunate parent

United States

#15 May 24, 2011
This is NOT Mrs. Dorton! I am an involved parent in the school who is happy with the change!!!
conspirator

Johnson City, TN

#16 May 24, 2011
fortunate parent wrote:
This is NOT Mrs. Dorton! I am an involved parent in the school who is happy with the change!!!
Please explain to all of us why, SEM doesn't have an active PTO this year, the kids will not have a field day or awards ceremony prior to the end of school. Since you are so involved please tell us these answers.
Just so you know

Johnson City, TN

#17 May 24, 2011
fortunate parent wrote:

I will tell you what more you can ask for... How about a elementary school principal instead of a prison warden? How about a considerate and compassionate person who our kids can look up to and confide in? How about someone who would actually like for the parents to be involved with the school and the children. I'm sorry you think that you are so informed, but you couldnt be more misinformed. Those kids are treated like they are in prison. I havent met one parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle that has anything good to say about her and her so called "great changes". She doesnt belong in that school and Its time for her to move on. If the parents have anything to do with it she will not be at Shoemaker next year!!!!!!
just wondering

Johnson City, TN

#18 May 24, 2011
Let me guess, did you child get into trouble and you couldn't intimidate Mrs. Dorton to get your own way? Or couldn't you get your child to school on time and on a regular basis and you found out that there are laws that parents in VA have to abide by? Keep right on stomping your foot. If you are not part of the solution--then you must be part of the problem!
Not rose colored glasses

Johnson City, TN

#19 May 25, 2011
just wondering wrote:
Let me guess, did you child get into trouble and you couldn't intimidate Mrs. Dorton to get your own way? Or couldn't you get your child to school on time and on a regular basis and you found out that there are laws that parents in VA have to abide by? Keep right on stomping your foot. If you are not part of the solution--then you must be part of the problem!
Well you are the 1 and only parent who feels that way. Just talk to any parents and I don't mean parents w/ "problem " kids. I have talked to MANY and they all say she has and I quote"ruined that school. I have talked to staff who feel the same way. Please get your head out of the sand and ask and listen to what others have to say because you are outnumbered 100 to 1.
Just so you know

Johnson City, TN

#20 May 25, 2011
just wondering wrote:
You Guess wrong.My child has NEVER been in trouble, Never been tardy, and in fact has never missed a day of school. Its funny the problems started when she showed up.Im not part of the problem and the only solution is for Warden Dorton to go!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seriously? 1 hr Linda 11
Ben Talley threads keep bein deleted hmmmmm 20 hr Timmy 3
Tales of Country Music Thu joclo 3
Trump? (Sep '15) Jul 23 Jack45 8
Hazing @ gchs and gcms anyone know about this i... Jul 23 Jazzy 7
Donald Trump? Jul 23 William R 6
Curious about Andy Burke Jul 19 Searching 1

Gate City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance