Scott school health insurace fund

Scott school health insurace fund

Posted in the Gate City Forum

Wonder Why

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jul 13, 2012
I guess the last board can answer the question of why the the fund is "gossly underfunded". Common sense tells you that if you are giving "free insurance to some in the system" and the reminder of the system puts money into the fund but all take from the fund that sooner or later that fund will run out of money. It appears that the last board was doing as our federal government is now doing and that is asking for some to pay for others that pay nothing. Maybe we should ask the past boards who allowed this to happen to pay their $200 a month back to the health insurance fund. It will only take "a couple of years, if not sooner" to increase the fund to where it will be stable.
mad

United States

#2 Aug 23, 2012
40.....that's how many scott county school employees got free insurance . FORTY....for almost 20 years while the others slaved to cover their damn bills.....select ones even got a free vacation. J Scott go burn in hell.....for the crap you and you elite group did to the rest of us in this county....now we have an insurance that wont cover squat..
madder

United States

#3 Aug 23, 2012
They are nothing but a bunch of thieves.
Priceless

United States

#4 Aug 24, 2012
mad wrote:
40.....that's how many scott county school employees got free insurance . FORTY....for almost 20 years while the others slaved to cover their damn bills.....select ones even got a free vacation. J Scott go burn in hell.....for the crap you and you elite group did to the rest of us in this county....now we have an insurance that wont cover squat..
40(emp) x $250(avg monthly premium) x 12(months) x 20(years)=$2,400,000. Priceless :)
CURIOUS II

Johnson City, TN

#5 Aug 24, 2012
How much do you think was paid out in health benefits to them during this twenty year period? I would think much more than what they should have paid into the system. You could more than double your $2,400,oo dollars. At one time a former shool board member was on the program. I don't know if he paid or not but I do know that he had some very high health expense. Also, at some time in the past a large amount of the money was missing from the health fund but was coverd up. I have heard that it was in the low six figures with no one knowing the exact amount or so I have heard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bristol City Little League 6 hr PissedMomma 57
Exit 7 Bristol VA 7 hr Lying Guy 16
gate city 11 hr Deez Knutz 3
Campbell Family 17 hr Kate Caught Crabs 3
I Love America 18 hr Speak Truth 1
GCPD-keeps deleating post Wed got emmmmmm' 3
Wendy's in Weber city Jun 21 Pitiful 4

Gate City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance