Gate City Police
sick of it

Johnson City, TN

#1 May 20, 2011
What is the deal with Gate City? Why do they keep hiring uncertified people to be Police Officers? I know they need Officers
but why keep hiring uncertified people when i know for a fact that someone certified with seven years experience has applied several times with no luck. And he has worked for them before so he already knows the town. It is a waste of my and your money if you ask me. they hire thier friends or thier friends kids instead of qualified people. the council and mayor are a joke and need to be replaced.
i agree

Johnson City, TN

#2 May 20, 2011
i agree 100% and how bout the new chief. Is he virginia certified? why wouldnt the hire someone local. if you notice the last 3 have been from out of this town,county, or even state. Are they saying that there isn't anyone local good enough for the job?
Oh Yes

Johnson City, TN

#3 May 20, 2011
What they are saying is no one wants the job.
easystore

Johnson City, TN

#4 May 20, 2011
Or they are afraid the Zomboies will invade their bodies. I heard one escaped when the movie was filmed in GC.
BAMF

Johnson City, TN

#5 May 20, 2011
Or they dont want the right person in there to break up thier little corruption ring. Just like the mayor uses the council to pass new town ordanances to suit his personal buisness wants and needs. or the councilman who's buisness gets town bids
resident

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jul 18, 2011
Why do they even need a Gate City Police Force?
crazy

Gate City, VA

#7 Jul 18, 2011
Thats what I want to know they dont do anything especially PD. He thinks he is something else. We have asked over an over for them to radar where we live because of the speeding an they want never have seen them. When JC was cheif there was alot more done in the town of GC.
Gate Citian

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jul 18, 2011
GCPD please don't let this small group of narrow-minded and jealous people get to you. You are doing a fine job. Gate City is not a metropolis. We don't have major problems. The police are doing a fine job, especially at Grogan Park dealing with some of the thugs that were hanging out there. Some of you people just love to complain about everything, and then rationalize it with some vast conspiracy theory.
redneck33

Kingsport, TN

#9 Jul 26, 2012
The always write me tickets for my big truck
GC Drifter

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Jul 27, 2012
You'd have to look long and hard to find anything as useless as the Gate City town government. It's filled with self-serving jerks who only look after their own interests. I saw in the county paper where the mayor wants to concentrate on tourism now. Give me a break! Who wants to spend their vacation in Gate City? And why are the water bills now 50% higher than surrounding areas? Is that where the town works guy bought all the new copper pipe and sold it as scrap?
flipping over

United States

#11 Jul 28, 2012
why would any one pic on such a great police force? they are always doing their best giving 110% on the job of pulling over Young girls, women and saying they noticed them cross the yellow line. now dont all you nice folk talk about them no more, this is enough of the trashing of the PD in the city.
GC Drifter

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jul 28, 2012
resident wrote:
Why do they even need a Gate City Police Force?
They need a police force to write tickets so they'll have money to pay the police force. They're useless. If anything serious happens, they have to call in the county or state to handle it.
suppertimeslayer

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Jul 29, 2012
The GCPD is a joke! They hire a bunch of overzealous kids that think they are the God-Almighty. If they were to really get into a situation, the town would be owned by someone else! A bunch of smarta$$ b*tches is all they are!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Graham vs Gate City 27 min Jackson Browne 21
What's your opinion of the cops who would not f... 18 hr Satan wears blue 4
Should a person have to 21 to purchase an AR-15? Fri Working Poor 17
Boone lake, invisible congressman Roe. Fri Jackson Browne 7
Ashli Sluss Thu Doozy 9
Mary dallas Feb 20 Enjoying the ride 1
Dr. Black4943 (Jun '17) Feb 20 mls55 10

Gate City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance