#1 Apr 9, 2013
Does anyone know what happened?
rza

Johnson City, TN

#2 Apr 9, 2013
whoknows

Gate City, VA

#3 Apr 9, 2013
what did he do that was so serious they was chasing him for and putting so many lives in danger?
Roscoe P Coltrane

Johnson City, TN

#4 Apr 9, 2013
Let that be a lesson to you out of state people and yer Gol Durnn winder tint. You best not cross that state line if you don't want to end up in the pokey!
What

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Apr 10, 2013
When you run a road block or check point that is a red flag that you are doing something that is aoutside of the law. You could be on the "most wanted list", running drugs high on something or just about anything. If law enforcement didn't attempt to stop them and some terrible crime happen the public would say that law enforcement wasn't doing their job. Turns out "numerous pills and cash" were found. Question is do you want a person like that driving on our roads?
This guy

Charlotte, NC

#6 Apr 10, 2013
The man should swing in front of the courthouse.
poker face

Bedford, VA

#7 Apr 10, 2013
walk a mile in their shoes roscoe
GC Citizen

Bristol, TN

#8 Apr 11, 2013
Actually heard the guy just didn't have his license or it was suspended. Just a plain stupid idiot. Why the police just didn't get his license # and come calling later, only they can answer that. A young boy was killed on a motorcyle close to where I live because of a high speed chase. Maybe instead of giving the police suped up muscle cars, give them something that won't go over 55 and probably less people and innocent bystanders might not get injured or killed.
What Happen

Jonesborough, TN

#9 Apr 11, 2013
GC Citizen wrote:
Actually heard the guy just didn't have his license or it was suspended. Just a plain stupid idiot. Why the police just didn't get his license # and come calling later, only they can answer that. A young boy was killed on a motorcyle close to where I live because of a high speed chase. Maybe instead of giving the police suped up muscle cars, give them something that won't go over 55 and probably less people and innocent bystanders might not get injured or killed.
Seems as if you "heard" wrong because he was charged with possession of a Schedule II drug, possession of a Schedule IV drug, possession of marijuana and attempting to distribute drugs after a search of his vehicle turned up narcotics and cash. It would appear that his "suped up muscle car", a 2005 Kia Sedona was going over 100 miles an hour during the chase. Your logic makes aabout as much sense as saying that people should not follow the rules of the road or that they shouldn't stop for a ploice check point. If you fail to stop or turn around you more than likely have something to hide or you are breaking the law. They may have prevented your child or a relative from buying drugs or the "stupid idiot" from running into an ""innocent bystander". A couple of years ago on West Jackson St an out-o-state woman ran into a man and killed him. She was on a return trip from Florida with drugs. I am sure his relatives would have liked for her to have been stopped in WC. It appears to me that some people don't want the law enforcement to do their job. I say keep up the good work and someday "You" may need their help and I'll bet they will provide it. Have a good day.
dylan

Clover, SC

#10 Apr 11, 2013
GC Citizen wrote:
I agree. I heard that they went through the red light downtown around the turning left down main street they were on 2 wheels trooper lawson was right on burns bumper another county officer had a road block and burns hit the bumper and went through that road block they reached speeds over 100 mph on daniel boone road
Brent

United States

#11 Apr 11, 2013
Way too fast they blew through redlights over 100 its a wonder innocent people didnt die they should of backed off!
bad

Church Hill, VA

#12 Apr 11, 2013
I agree.. I dont think they should have chased him, actually, they are not supposed to at such high rates of speed for the safety if innocent bystanders. GC Citizen is correct in saying that they should have tagged it and found later. I have an acquaintance of Burns and yes, he had drugs with him but he was actually only giving someone a ride home and tried to flee because he didnt have a license. Either way its a bad & sad situation and I pray for all involved, which is Lawson, Hubbard, and yes, Burns' wife & family.
bad

Church Hill, VA

#13 Apr 11, 2013
correction *of
Jesco

Johnson City, TN

#15 Apr 12, 2013
Really poor judgment chasing someone through town at those speeds. Thank God no one was killed. Catching a routine drug dealer isn't worth putting a bunch of peoples' lives in danger like that, no way. Don't listen to the spin they're putting on this. It's just more incompetence.
Dumb

Gate City, VA

#16 Apr 19, 2013
Yeah it's ridiculous the police even pursued the fool..wrecked 2 damn cop cars there goes tax dollars up in flames..Get the damn chopper out from abington follow him and wala you caught him...but no lets risk hundreds of lives and cause numerous counts of property damage...Idiots.. but by god we caught a guy that will probably just have his jail time suspended and fined out the ass that's how the Scott county court system works....
OMG

Johnson City, TN

#17 Apr 19, 2013
I don't know how it would even be possible to drive through Gate City at 70mph without killing someone. How was no one backing out of a parking spot or crossing the street on foot? I hate it for the officers that were hurt but, gee whiz, what were they thinking?
April

United States

#18 Apr 19, 2013
This needs to be investigated!
What

Gate City, VA

#19 Apr 19, 2013
You idiots go ahead and keep complaining, but when you need the help of these officers it's hurry up and get to my rescue. You have no clue what these men and women go through day in and day out. One of these Troopers was seriously hurt trying to keep a scum bag off of out streets and you idiots complain. Take a walk in their shoes one time and get you a dose of it and then judge them you all make me sick.
Calm down

Gate City, VA

#20 Apr 19, 2013
What wrote:
You idiots go ahead and keep complaining, but when you need the help of these officers it's hurry up and get to my rescue. You have no clue what these men and women go through day in and day out. One of these Troopers was seriously hurt trying to keep a scum bag off of out streets and you idiots complain. Take a walk in their shoes one time and get you a dose of it and then judge them you all make me sick.
I don't believe anybody has said anything ill-willed toward any of the officers being injured. Just simply addressing the fact that they dangerously pursued a vehicle that was not an imminent threat. They put hundreds of lives unnecessarily in danger. I feel that's an issue that needs to be addressed. I feel all officers involved should be reprimanded. If a citizen was to put that many lives at risk I'm sure they would be tucked away in jail with a laundry list of felonies. Not to mention the amount of money it would have cost taxpayers if a lawsuit came out of this. Serious issue that needs to be addressed.
What

Gate City, VA

#21 Apr 20, 2013
Wasn't a threat? Are you kidding. They had no idea why this scum was running. He could have had a child kiddnapped, he could have killed someone and had a body, he HAD drugs on him. I don't want those drugs on the steers for my child to get a hold of. It is a matter of opinion, and I think they did the right thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
so the thread about the VAN PELT TEACHER 3 hr Wondering 6
Veterans Admin Bristol Clinic 4 hr A Vet 5
what happened to Officer Buchanan? 5 hr justwondering 4
Donald Trump aint our guy (Sep '15) Sat humans unite 16
houseright Jun 23 Satan is a devil 14
corrupt scott county school board Jun 21 CindyTess04 11
Attorney Rob Starnes Jun 21 Butter Nutz 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gate City Mortgages