whats the deal with thriftway?

whats the deal with thriftway?

Posted in the Gate City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just curious

Duffield, VA

#1 Jun 6, 2011
whats up with thriftway?
Anita

Duffield, VA

#2 Jun 7, 2011
just curious wrote:
whats up with thriftway?
I thing the big problem is that Terry is gone. Has he retired?
Well

Jacksboro, TN

#3 Jun 7, 2011
Well its a grocery store. That's what's up with Thriftway.
Tina

Duffield, VA

#4 Jun 7, 2011
Here is what I know, no matter what time of day you go in the store you have to wait toll the cashiers get off their phones before you can check out. Plus, ther is alawys a line of people waiting to check out but the cashiers are texting or flirting with the young men who walk in to the store.
Jill

Duffield, VA

#5 Jun 10, 2011
It smells too
worker

Duffield, VA

#6 Jun 11, 2011
ok heres the deal i am at thriftway 5 days a week 8 hours a day, 1 terry isnt retired hes there everyday but Wednesday and sunday, 2 the only flirt is angie white(big suprise there) 3 the smell is because they had a milk cooler go out, and the people that was working on it couldnt get to it for a bit. Alot of the times when its backed up its because they are quite busy, first of the month and banana wednesday so theres for your bitching about the being backed up part, and finally 4th, they do as much business as all the other grocery stores in the county only on a smaller margin due to size, they outdo just about everybody in prices, and its a good friendly atmosphere, so..... tina west and jill bowen keep your mouths shut since you have no idea to begin with, and to anita no honey he isnt retired come there 11-12 5 days a week except sunday and wednesday and ill guarantee he will be there in his office working on prices, or sales for the store. thank you and have a good damn day.
vip

Duffield, VA

#7 Jun 11, 2011
worker wrote:
ok heres the deal i am at thriftway 5 days a week 8 hours a day, 1 terry isnt retired hes there everyday but Wednesday and sunday, 2 the only flirt is angie white(big suprise there) 3 the smell is because they had a milk cooler go out, and the people that was working on it couldnt get to it for a bit. Alot of the times when its backed up its because they are quite busy, first of the month and banana wednesday so theres for your bitching about the being backed up part, and finally 4th, they do as much business as all the other grocery stores in the county only on a smaller margin due to size, they outdo just about everybody in prices, and its a good friendly atmosphere, so..... tina west and jill bowen keep your mouths shut since you have no idea to begin with, and to anita no honey he isnt retired come there 11-12 5 days a week except sunday and wednesday and ill guarantee he will be there in his office working on prices, or sales for the store. thank you and have a good damn day.
Hey bitch keep off Tina West. Nickelsville has more than one Tina .
dave

Duffield, VA

#8 Jun 12, 2011
well people like her and u obviously need to get facts straight before u start talking stupid stuff then dont ya? yep.... dumbass
Granny Bell

United States

#9 Jun 13, 2011
It may have been the milk cooler once,not all time.It really does smell,some times more than others.You may not be able to smell it since ya work thyere and smell it all time.They do have some good deals, if ya just can find them.I only shop there every month or so.Guess they have to do what they can with the room they have.The only one I know is Lisa Cuberson,the rest of the employees are ok. Just need those cash reditors up and running.
dig-dig

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jun 13, 2011
Thrifway is our friendly neighborhood store, which understands the needs of the "pore" folks. They don't have a large variety, but you can get all your basics at a reasonable price. Terry and the other employees are all nice. There is always room for improvement in any business and Thriftway does need to make some changes. How about asking Terry to set up a suggestion box, or give him some positive input or constructive criticism. I go to Thriftway practically ever day, and I appreciate the fact that I can go to a small store verus the large supermarkets.Have a nice day and stop by Thriftway!!!!!!
red

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jun 13, 2011
ole red says 'pore' folks may need some dermatological help...on the other hand, red agrees that there is always room for improvement in any business.
easton

Duffield, VA

#12 Jun 17, 2011
The are bad to put fresh meat over nasty old gray looking meat and resale it. Yes the place does smell in the back. It would be a nice store if the wold get the act together. How hard would it be to use some bleach in the cooler at the back and clean the smell up? Workers just want to stay on the cell and not work. Terry needs to have a big talk with the workers. He should have a no cell at work rule.
Anonymous

Gate City, VA

#13 Jun 17, 2011
What did Jill Bowen do?
couponing

Albemarle, NC

#14 Jun 20, 2011
Do they take coupons?
hello

Kingsport, TN

#15 Jun 20, 2011
Granny Bell wrote:
It may have been the milk cooler once,not all time.It really does smell,some times more than others.You may not be able to smell it since ya work thyere and smell it all time.They do have some good deals, if ya just can find them.I only shop there every month or so.Guess they have to do what they can with the room they have.The only one I know is Lisa Cuberson,the rest of the employees are ok. Just need those cash reditors up and running.
What in the hell is reditors?
Space

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Jun 20, 2011
Outer space chips.
Granny

Duffield, VA

#17 Jun 23, 2011
i shop at thriftyway all the time, why just last week i was in there and bought some tomatoes they didnt have any out so i asked a young boy and he was more than happy to help me get some. I dont think it smells in there, if anything your just not use to the particular smell it has, it doesnt stink, i see those fine men and women doing all they can to keep the place good, not everyone is on those cell phones, just soem of them, they are from a different generation that most of us, so its normal for them, dont see what the fuss is about, you go there to shop and get groceries, its not a pub, where everybody has a set place and time they have to do it in, if soemthing is wrong its their problem, nots yours, maybe you should worry about your own stuff and not theirs
tom

Duffield, VA

#18 Jun 23, 2011
easton wrote:
The are bad to put fresh meat over nasty old gray looking meat and resale it. Yes the place does smell in the back. It would be a nice store if the wold get the act together. How hard would it be to use some bleach in the cooler at the back and clean the smell up? Workers just want to stay on the cell and not work. Terry needs to have a big talk with the workers. He should have a no cell at work rule.
Sorry i didnt see a place that said dungannon inbred trash apply to topics anywhere... where do you get off saying stuff about a store when the place you live is a crack whoring gutter slut town? thank you
Twiggy

Johnson City, TN

#19 Jun 23, 2011
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry i didnt see a place that said dungannon inbred trash apply to topics anywhere... where do you get off saying stuff about a store when the place you live is a crack whoring gutter slut town? thank you
Now whoa! Don't judge Dungannon by a few. I still have ties there and lots of friends, plus relatives, and your nasty comments does not hold true for them. Oh, by the way how do you know about all the trash in Dungannon? That would be interesting to know.
Twiggy

Johnson City, TN

#20 Jun 23, 2011
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry i didnt see a place that said dungannon inbred trash apply to topics anywhere... where do you get off saying stuff about a store when the place you live is a crack whoring gutter slut town? thank you
And also I shop almost everyday at Thriftway, and plan on to continue doing so. Happy grocery shopping Tom, and have a nice day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
suboxone Drs 23 hr Kay 2
please list 23 hr Homier 4
Brucella Jenner problems Sat Hunter 2
school drug test rumor (May '14) Sat Eastman Foreman 21
Anybody interested in buying cupcakes? Trying t... Aug 28 Not Stupid 3
2015 election news Aug 26 Yes sir 11
shamrock shake down... Aug 23 Fingers34 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gate City Mortgages