New wall mart 2 be billt next 2 Hobb nob ? Woww!

Posted in the Gate City Forum

Jenkinzizbetta

Church Hill, VA

#1 May 3, 2012
Theres roomer goin roundthat new Wall mart may be billt next 2 Hobb nob? Coud this be or is it true ?
gate City biz man

Church Hill, VA

#2 May 3, 2012
That reely intresting news. I wander if it will be 1 them supper cenners ? That will be good 4 all SCott co. an Gatecity 2.
suppertimeslayer

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 4, 2012
gate City biz man wrote:
That reely intresting news. I wander if it will be 1 them supper cenners ? That will be good 4 all SCott co. an Gatecity 2.
HAHA!! I you were a true biz man, you would know how to spell!! We may have been born at night, but not last night!!! DINGBAT!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously

United States

#4 May 4, 2012
Its true! And they're putting in a Macy's across the street! I even heard there might be a Red Lobster!
local taxpayer

Mount Holly, NC

#5 May 4, 2012
Very doubtful.....I wouldn't mind having one here but it would run every business in gate city and weber city completely under....only food city would be able to hold out against it....everything from thriftway to. The quick stops would go under....wal mart would out sale them and out compete them with cheap prices....you'd see place like roberts tires going under and food lion folding.....and what are all those people gonna do for jobs when the businesses shut down? Guess work there....
Rikki R

Church Hill, VA

#6 May 5, 2012
Is this for real?
HEHE

Duffield, VA

#7 May 31, 2012
First of all no it's not true. The Historical Soci. would not let Hob Knob build there to expand either. It is a swamp and yes we want and need one in Gate City. Why not at Food Lion Center???

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8 May 31, 2012
I personally think that Kingsport is close enough. I've watched shows on how awful Wal-Mart is with state taxes and tax breaks and running local businesses in the ground. And without Thriftway, my husband wouldn't have a job and our kids would starve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gate City Shame 3 hr tire iron 7
Kilgore Abuses Tobacco Commission Position Again 7 hr Annie Nonimus 14
Estillville Bed & Breakfast 7 hr JRD 14
you know who u r Sat confused 5
Is Dylan Tankersley still on drugs? Fri woah 3
Monterrey Mexican Grill Sep 17 Curious 2
Hey Kay Sep 17 G williams 1
•••
•••
•••