Drug sting in Scott County

Posted in the Gate City Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Scott Sting

Johnson City, TN

#1 Dec 10, 2010
Our last sheriff always said that drugs were not a problem in Scott County. I guess it has just become a problem in the last six years. I wonder if the four-car Blue ligh special behind the Yuma Tire & Recapping on Tuesday night had anything to do with this sting. As I came back from class, I saw these blue lights in the yard of a trailer behind Robert's Recapping. Seem to be several officers in an around this trailer. I haven't seen anything in the paper or on tv about what had happen and i just wondered.
what

Gate City, VA

#2 Dec 10, 2010
How ridiculous of him to say such a thing! Names haven't been released yet. Puckett said the county grand jury issued 180 indictments against 44 people and most of the people charged are repeat offenders. He also said it was a lot of prescription drugs. I know a lot of my high school classmates are hooked or serving time because of them. I don't understand how so many people who don't need them get them from doctors. I think they need to start looking into that part of it.
Smokeyhokie

Johnson City, TN

#3 Dec 10, 2010
what wrote:
How ridiculous of him to say such a thing! Names haven't been released yet. Puckett said the county grand jury issued 180 indictments against 44 people and most of the people charged are repeat offenders. He also said it was a lot of prescription drugs. I know a lot of my high school classmates are hooked or serving time because of them. I don't understand how so many people who don't need them get them from doctors. I think they need to start looking into that part of it.
Drug runners from Florida. This state is known as Drug pre. USA.
death stalker

United States

#4 Dec 11, 2010
they had josh compton in cuffs
names

Gate City, VA

#5 Dec 12, 2010
BRIGHT, ARTIE DARLENE
BURKE, ROBERT B
CALTON, KENNETH DAN
CALTON, SHERRY BLEDSOE
CARICO, KEVIN M
CARICO, JUSTIN
CASTLE, KRISTIN D
COLE, JENNIFER LYNN
COLLINS, JERRY GLENN
COMPTON, JOSHUA JACKSON
COPAS, AARON
DEBLACKMERE, JENNIFER
DOUGHERTY, SCOTTY
ELY, DAVID
ESKRIDGE, ARNETTE
EVANS, JULIE
FIELDS, MARK ANTHONY
GIBSON, BANNER
GRIMES, STEPHEN C
HALL, BILLY LEE; JR
HELBERT, TRAVIS FRANKLIN
HELTON, JOHN
HELTON, SAMANTHA
HOBBS, BRITINI LEANN
HOOD, AMANDA
MADDEN, BRANDON SHAWN
MADDEN, CHELSEY
MASSENGILL, TONY
MEADE, LISA DAWN
MORELOCK, KATHY LEEANN
MULLINS, ANDREA L
MULLINS, DUSTIN JAMES
RASH, MATTHEW J
REED, AARON ANTHONY
REED, RANDLE C
RICKETTS, KENNETH DALE; II
SLUSS, ROBERT A
SMITH, SONYA
SMITH, RONALD
SMITH, TAMMY L
TAYLOR, MICHAEL KEITH
WHITE, CARL DAVID; II
WIGGINS, JEREMY
WILLIAMS, TABITHA MARY
sneaky1

Gate City, VA

#6 Dec 12, 2010
I think it is messed up that some of these people got busted i know alot of them and some of them where just trying to keep food on their table and keep their lights on you know sometimes you have to do whats nessacary
Want It All

Johnson City, TN

#7 Dec 12, 2010
sneaky1 wrote:
I think it is messed up that some of these people got busted i know alot of them and some of them where just trying to keep food on their table and keep their lights on you know sometimes you have to do whats nessacary
So you believe that it is right to sell drugs and destory the life of young people in order to "keep food on their table and keep their lights on you know sometimes you have to do whats nessacary"? It seems to me that you are the one who is Messed up". People you sell need to be behind bars and off of the streets.
really

Maryville, TN

#8 Dec 12, 2010
half the people on this list either get food stamps or don't have custody of their kids. wish there were a few more on there...
sneaky1

Gate City, VA

#9 Dec 13, 2010
when you have children you will do anything to keep them warm and keep their bellys full. I don't understand you all saying that they need to be behind bars and the people they sell to will either buy drugs from them or someone else. Food Stamps don't go very far and I know for a fact that some of these people tried to get help and even went to food pantries to get food and do you know what they give you for a whole month 1 loaf of bread about 6 or 7 cans of vegetables 1 bag dried beans and if your lucky maybe some peanut butter. The people I'm talking about wasn't drug lords of any sort they sold a few loratabs and thats it. I believe that when your in a situation you will do anything. You all have probably never gone hungry or had to worry about paying your bills. Wondering one day to the next which bill you should pay instead of the other one.
i agree

Gate City, VA

#10 Dec 13, 2010
I agree with sneaky1 with they way the economy is. It's very hard for people to survive and keep their bills paid and keep food for their families.
About Time

Johnson City, TN

#11 Dec 13, 2010
I guess we should turn the other way and blame it on the economy. Maybe they should have thought about this before they had children. I don't like to stand in line and wait until they sort out what food stamps will purchase and I drive down to the seven to eleven and wait until these same people buy beer and cigs. Most of these people are too lazy to work or if they have a job they can't show up on time because they are high and can't pass a drug test. These are the very ones who break into people's homes and steal what they can sell to go to Florida to buy drugs and come back to these area to sell them.
wrong

Gate City, VA

#12 Dec 13, 2010
You can't seriously believe the reason people are selling this crap is to feed their family! How much do they pay to get them in the first place? That could go toward food. I don't care why they sell them it's still wrong! I've known quite a few people to get addicted and I've seen how it ruins their life. People who buy this crap hurt the people around them over and over. They are selling something that hurts and kills people! So we are supposed to let them continue doing it so they can "feed their kids" but not care that they are selling to someones child. Selling to a mom/dad who could die then who is going to feed those kids? These pills make people numb emotionally and physically. Do you know what someone who doesn't feel emotionally will do? A lot of evil mean crap to the ones they love. In this area we could all use extra money it's no excuse to sell drugs!
new to town

United States

#13 Dec 13, 2010
lock up the drug pushing doctors and the problem of prescription drugs goes away . greed driven doctors is the real sickness and people who want to lock up the local people should be ashamed of themselves .. this is christmas time . kindness and caring with a willingness to address the problems is far more effective than simply putting these people in jail.. i bet someone in your family is doing some kind of drugs.
About Time

Johnson City, TN

#14 Dec 13, 2010
People who sell drugs don't need an excuse except for their need of money. In this area we have some who went to college and got into this habit. They dropped out of school and now their only means of support is to sell drugs and what ever it takes to get money. They don't care to whom they sell, nor do they care whom they hurt or what life they destory. They like to be around young people so that they can get them "hooked" on these drugs and will have someone to sell these drugs to. These are the type of dealers we need to get off the street. Many more names should have been on this list. They are a waste to society.
really

Maryville, TN

#15 Dec 13, 2010
sneaky1 wrote:
when you have children you will do anything to keep them warm and keep their bellys full. I don't understand you all saying that they need to be behind bars and the people they sell to will either buy drugs from them or someone else. Food Stamps don't go very far and I know for a fact that some of these people tried to get help and even went to food pantries to get food and do you know what they give you for a whole month 1 loaf of bread about 6 or 7 cans of vegetables 1 bag dried beans and if your lucky maybe some peanut butter. The people I'm talking about wasn't drug lords of any sort they sold a few loratabs and thats it. I believe that when your in a situation you will do anything. You all have probably never gone hungry or had to worry about paying your bills. Wondering one day to the next which bill you should pay instead of the other one.
I have gone hungry. I still have trouble when it comes to paying my bills. I have never sold Lortabs or anything else. I don't care what my situation is, I would never put myself in a position to go to jail and leave my kids or have them taken away from me. And McDonald's is always hiring, maybe you should pass that along to your drug buddies when they get done working for the state.
Great Job

Johnson City, TN

#16 Dec 14, 2010
I guess these people who approve of selling drugs to obtain money for family food don't approve of the Mobile Meth Lab Bust in the local gocery store parking lot. Seems as if these out-of-state dealers know that buyers perfer drugs over food. I don't believe that they drove from SC to deal drugs because they needed money to buy food for their family. Dealing drugs of any type is bad leads to all types of crime. Great job, Sheriff Puckett. Too bad, you can't arrest those who approve of selling drugs.
Blind Eye

Johnson City, TN

#17 Dec 14, 2010
As long as we (the public) turn a blind eye to drug dealers (small or large), we will soon become a nation like Mexico with all of their drug problems. Selling one type of drug only leads to selling any and all drugs. Those who buy the drugs will resort to any means to come up with the money to support their habit. Dealers will resort to any means to get people hooked on drugs so they can sell to them. States like Florida that allow RX drugs to be prescribed by clinics will only encourage these drug runners to go to those states and fill the RX and return to this area to sell them for profit. Just think about how drug use has grown in your lifetime and how much it will go in your child's lifetime. For the sake of the future we should report anyone we know that deals in drugs. To get them off the street will be a start to keep the young people from having a source to buy these drugs. We need not make excuses of how they got started on drugs and most of all we should never make an excuse for anyone who sells drugs for any reason.
Concerned

Charlotte, NC

#18 Dec 14, 2010
Which Justin Castle are you referring to.
getreal

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Dec 14, 2010
new to town wrote:
lock up the drug pushing doctors and the problem of prescription drugs goes away . greed driven doctors is the real sickness and people who want to lock up the local people should be ashamed of themselves .. this is christmas time . kindness and caring with a willingness to address the problems is far more effective than simply putting these people in jail.. i bet someone in your family is doing some kind of drugs.
I should be ashamed because I don't want someone who is high on pills driving around risking my life? It doesn't matter if its Christmas or Spring these people need to stop. Most of the ones arrested were REPEAT offenders. So they have had the wake up call and ignored it. In each drug sting that goes down around if you grew up here you know at least one! I don't care who they are if they are out here selling this crap they need to stop. Most people if its there first offense get off easy but then they go back. I wish there was some sort of alternative besides jail for addicts but there isn't and even if there was unless they want help it won't work. We can throw them in rehab every year until they want to stop they wont. I know people in jail right now over this crap. I hate that they are there and when I write them my heart breaks but it was their choice. Mothers are losing children left and right because of overdoses or them being sold laced drugs. Thats a tragedy. Ask any mother they would much rather their kid get busted selling spend a few years in jail than to end up dead in the ground.
Hmm

Frankfort, KY

#20 Dec 17, 2010
These drugs turn people into mindless zombies- if you have kids and you can't feed them- DO SOMETHING ELSE. you are no good to them In jail or hooked on pills.
EFFIN' PILLBILLIES!
They should just drop a bomb on southwest va.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ben Talley threads keep bein deleted hmmmmm 31 min Timmy 3
Seriously? 43 min Bob 9
Tales of Country Music 4 hr joclo 3
possession by unclean spirit of epilepsy, anxie... 4 hr joclo 4
Wedding venue 13 hr Bride2be 1
Principal at Van Pelt 17 hr Do Good Quietly 15
Circle V.......Don't have to be smart to work ... 21 hr former customer 2

Gate City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance