Methadone Clinic in GC
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
curious

Gate City, VA

#1 Oct 17, 2011
So what is the deal with the clinic in GC? Seems like it was brought in without most of the towns knowledge? I thought it was voted a big fat NO a few years ago & now on pops up on the back street on gate city & most residence didn't know a thing about it.
crazy

Gate City, VA

#2 Oct 17, 2011
What gets me is that is on the back road from a karate & dance studio for children!
Leeraw Brown

Gate City, VA

#3 Oct 17, 2011
Are you serious? Because ive not heard s$$t about it.
Gate City

United States

#4 Oct 17, 2011
Surprised that not much has been said about it. The property is owned by the Mayor. Am sure he is getting a nice fat rent chck.
curious

Gate City, VA

#5 Oct 18, 2011
Yes. I am very serious! It seems like it was just "snuck" in under everyone's nose. I heard that the property was owned by the mayor too. What gets me is not only did they sneak it in but to put it so close to where children take dance & karate lessons. Then you have to wonder about the increase in crime with break ins & stuff around the area!
just wondering

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Oct 18, 2011
curious wrote:
Yes. I am very serious! It seems like it was just "snuck" in under everyone's nose. I heard that the property was owned by the mayor too. What gets me is not only did they sneak it in but to put it so close to where children take dance & karate lessons. Then you have to wonder about the increase in crime with break ins & stuff around the area!
I thought the county passed an ordinance about those places when that one tried to open in Weber City. How was this one put in place with out hitting the papers or anything?
curious

Gate City, VA

#7 Oct 18, 2011
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the county passed an ordinance about those places when that one tried to open in Weber City. How was this one put in place with out hitting the papers or anything?
No idea. They were definitely sneaky about it.
Gate Citian

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Oct 18, 2011
If this is true, count me as one pissed off citizen and parent. My child attends dance classes nearby and I won't stand for this kind of thing. I have NO SYMPATHY for druggies and, don't give me crap about how they are trying to get straightened out. This is just a legal fix for them while the clinic stands in as a legal drug dealer.
whaa

Gate City, VA

#9 Oct 18, 2011
i highly doubt it will affect the crime rate. have you ever seen anyone abuse methadone? they can't stay awake long enough to commit a crime.
Gate City

Lawndale, NC

#10 Oct 19, 2011
It bothers me that that our mayor would use his authority for personal gain. Allowing this "business" in the middle of town without making it public is definitely not in the best interest of the town. Have seen signs advertising this business in Kingsport and other areas. Would not think it is bringing in a good clientel.
Heard It Too

Gate City, VA

#11 Oct 19, 2011
My daughter takes dance across from there too. I have seen a lot of people standing across the street that runs up from the clinic. Also heard property was owned by the mayor. Not sure if he sold it or is getting a rent check each month. Either way, bringing it in & the community not being aware is wrong on so many levels. Everyone should remember this come election time!
change

United States

#12 Oct 19, 2011
Heard It Too wrote:
My daughter takes dance across from there too. I have seen a lot of people standing across the street that runs up from the clinic. Also heard property was owned by the mayor. Not sure if he sold it or is getting a rent check each month. Either way, bringing it in & the community not being aware is wrong on so many levels. Everyone should remember this come election time!
its a different drug but dame purpose and effects, shady dealings goin on, need am article in the paper about it to let everyone know. Too many kids walking around unaware
more shenanigans

Gate City, VA

#13 Oct 19, 2011
the sheriff probably loves it---easy arrests.
Jack knows

Lawndale, NC

#14 Oct 19, 2011
Gate City wrote:
Surprised that not much has been said about it. The property is owned by the Mayor. Am sure he is getting a nice fat rent chck.
on top of that word is out about a new side walk going in the darn thing is supposed to be wide enough tol park cars on it. What's with that? And its going all the way to Thriftway. How can the town afford that
corrupt gc

Lawndale, NC

#15 Oct 19, 2011
Gc mayor and board seem not to have the towns best interest at heart. Sneking in a meth clinic when the county voted no. What's next strip joints? How can they over ride county policies?
where is it

Lawndale, NC

#16 Oct 19, 2011
Ok I read this post and just out of curiosity I went looking for it. I can't find it.is it the old restaurant behind the karate school the old house next to the restaurant or am I'm missing it entirely? If its there they aren't advertising it. So please tell me where to look and hasn't anyone spoken to Redwine or other county supervisors about this? How could they sneak this in without telling anybody. Its against county regulations.
Gate Citian

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Oct 19, 2011
As soon as someone can find out if this place in fact exists, let us all know immediately. Remember that the goal of any business is to stay in business. With that being said, does anyone really think that a methadone clinic wants to cure someone? All they see are dollar signs when it comes to these druggies. They can step in (legally) and ease their self-brought-upon suffering for a price. The result is druggies hanging around town and the quality of life deteriorating for responsible citizens. Once word spreads into the druggie pipeline about GC's "clinic", then more and more will come. Some will stay. That's the kind of people we want moving to our town?
Leeraw Brown

Gate City, VA

#18 Oct 20, 2011
If this isnt a joke,I think its a shame when our elected officals do crap like this against the will of the people.We all need to sound off and even protest if need be to get this drug buffet out of Gate City.What pisses me off even more,is to wonder how much tax payer money is being spent to give these druggies their fix? Think about it,what an insult to everyone who really trys to do the right thing.We are paying to keep these people stoned and turning Gate City into a getto at the same time.Whats next,a nuclear waste dump in the old quarry pond without asking the citizens?We have a voice in this and can have this removed if we try.
Gate City

Blacksburg, SC

#19 Oct 20, 2011
where is it wrote:
Ok I read this post and just out of curiosity I went looking for it. I can't find it.is it the old restaurant behind the karate school the old house next to the restaurant or am I'm missing it entirely? If its there they aren't advertising it. So please tell me where to look and hasn't anyone spoken to Redwine or other county supervisors about this? How could they sneak this in without telling anybody. Its against county regulations.
It does exist. It is the house that used to be Uncommon Goods. No sign . Just something on the door about hours or emergency no. Heard it was called: Help Not Hurt. The entrance to the house is on the alley across from where restaurant used to be. Notice new sidewalks and lights were put in on back street about the same time business opened. So disappointed in the way our town is run.
curious

Gate City, VA

#20 Oct 20, 2011
Yes, it is exactly where Gate City says. It is very "low key" with no signs except on the door.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who's that woman that finger bangs? 44 min Butler 5
Bristol VA City Counci 4 hr Virgin 104
Wallace Middle School (Jan '13) 4 hr evil teacher 40
Hottest gals at WCYB (Apr '14) Fri Chris M 60
Garick Zikan, WCYB News (Mar '14) Fri WKPT sucks 24
Restaurant behind Food City in Weber City? Feb 22 Why 13
Appalachian Power Co. files to increase rates b... (Apr '11) Feb 22 Dumb 4

Gate City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance