First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not Happening

Huntsville, TN

#21 Sep 11, 2012
My Opinion, you might want to check today's Kingsport Times News. She pleaded guilty to the charge. Sounds like the other charges are on a "wait and see" scale. As for the two clubs coming together to form 1 big club-well, knowing some of the members of the new club, that has not and NEVER will be an option. Those bridges were burned by the ECVR club when they opted to not share information on where the money was going, etc. Didn't they (the two charged) continually tell members that "everything was fine and the gaming commission said they were doing a great job and to keep it up?" That was BS- some members knew it then and it is confirmed with the events of the charges. For you to even have entertained the thought that this would be "even better" is beyond belief. You cannot be serious, can you? Please!!! And for doing "charity work and benefiting the community"- if you are honest you will admit it has been years since that club has did anything remotely close to charity or helping the community. If you can name some instances I will apologize. The community, specifically the Ruritan club of ECVR, only served as a way for some to make money. By the guilty plea it seems some benefited personally while others received donations for other clubs they belonged to. The ECVR community was left out years ago. But that won't happen again with bingo funds. Like I said earlier, sooner or later you get burned.
Tennessee Observer

Kingsport, TN

#22 Sep 11, 2012
I am a regular player at Wadlow Gap Ruritan. I am a resident of Mount Carmel, Tennessee. From what I have noticed, 3/4 of your bingo workers are also from Tennessee. The majority of your players are Tennessee residents. Where would you be without your Tennessee people and money? Why don't you have more respect for the Tennessee workers? I know they are not compensated. I can't wait till the heads start rolling at Wadlow GAp Ruritan. Just from reading this blog I can tell you have no respect for anyone who is not from the Valley. There are two families that benefit from Wadlow more than anyone. I think it needs to be looked into.
Not Happening

Huntsville, TN

#23 Sep 11, 2012
TN Observer, whether or not you are a regular player at Wadlow Gap's bingo or not I don't know. I inquired into your claim on the workers. You are pretty accurate on that statement. However, there is no rule by the Gaming Commission on where the workers are from. The Gaming Commission rule is that 51% of the club members (not ones working bingo)must be from Virginia and they are well over that percentage in membership. NOTHING has EVER been said about bingo players until you just said it. The majority of players have always been from Tennessee and no one has ever disputed that because it is irrelevant. I respect everyone who lives by the rules in anything they do, not just bingo. I'm guessing one of the "two families that benefit from Wadlow more than anyone" is the owner of the building. I'm confident the Gaming Commission oversees the lease of all bingo operations (which tells me everything is in good standing there) and you should know this because I'm also confident you have ties to the ECVR club in some fashion. As for the other family you speak of I'm at a loss. And as for being looked into, they most likely have been. But the difference in the way they run their operation and the way ECVR ran theirs is like night and day. Wadlow Gap members state they will bend over backwards to cooperate with the Gaming Commission and furthermore, place calls to them if they are in doubt of how things should be done. So as far as looking into them I'm sure they would tell you to "bring it on!"

Since: Sep 12

Elizabethton, TN

#24 Sep 12, 2012
Kaire89 what has happened to you? Did the newspapers articles and the fact that Louise plead guilty silence you?
karie89

Johnson City, TN

#25 Sep 12, 2012
Umm. No obviously you haven't read this whole thread she is my grandmother I no she didn't do anything wrong
my opinion

Johnson City, TN

#26 Sep 13, 2012
It is my understanding that the embezzlement charges will be dropped. The charges of $25,000 that was supposedly owed to the Gaming Comm. was dropped .The only charge that she pled guilty to was having incorrect gas milage , one time !! And that was taking someone to the dentist in Bristol . These ladies are not theives . Some people did all they could to make it look that way and try to destroy the ECVRC .They pulled every dirty trick they could , and in the end they are the ones who look stupid. They have no evidence , just a lot of malice in their hearts.And ,yes,the Bingo made money.And when the club had the bingo,they could help people out . But they no longer have the Bingo, so Wadlow has all the big money and they should be the ones helping people now.I wonder if they are all still paying themselves salaries ??? did ya know that ? Karma can be a B**ch! It really is so sad that this whole mess started from jealousy and greed and LIES !People need to get on with lives now and leave these ladies alone . They have caused them more then enough grief and suffering .

Since: Sep 12

Elizabethton, TN

#27 Sep 14, 2012
karie89 wrote:
Umm. No obviously you haven't read this whole thread she is my grandmother I no she didn't do anything wrong
I understand why you support your grandmother.Iam sure you are loyal to her and love her - that's as it should be. However it is never right to uphold anyone in committing a crime or doing wrong.

Since: Sep 12

Elizabethton, TN

#28 Sep 14, 2012
my opinion wrote:
It is my understanding that the embezzlement charges will be dropped. The charges of $25,000 that was supposedly owed to the Gaming Comm. was dropped .The only charge that she pled guilty to was having incorrect gas milage , one time !! And that was taking someone to the dentist in Bristol . These ladies are not theives . Some people did all they could to make it look that way and try to destroy the ECVRC .They pulled every dirty trick they could , and in the end they are the ones who look stupid. They have no evidence , just a lot of malice in their hearts.And ,yes,the Bingo made money.And when the club had the bingo,they could help people out . But they no longer have the Bingo, so Wadlow has all the big money and they should be the ones helping people now.I wonder if they are all still paying themselves salaries ??? did ya know that ? Karma can be a B**ch! It really is so sad that this whole mess started from jealousy and greed and LIES !People need to get on with lives now and leave these ladies alone . They have caused them more then enough grief and suffering .
Embezzlement charges are never dropped after you have plead guilty to a felony. According to the Commonwealth Attorney, the embezzled money was used to pay "gambling debts and perswonal bills". Read the Kingsport Times-News or the Scott County Va Star and you will get the truth! As for Wadlow, we will be delivering 12 Kindle fires hd to physically and mentally challenged students at Shoemaker Elementary on Monday, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of do0llars we have already donated to the community. As per Gaming Commission laws and regulations, game managers and bingo callers can be paid provided they go through a training course and pay a $75.00 fee. We did that a few months ago after getting the bingo off to a solid footing. No one else gets paid. We only did what was allowed - we have not stolen a penny!
karie89

Greer, SC

#29 Sep 14, 2012
original member wrote:
<quoted text>I understand why you support your grandmother.Iam sure you are loyal to her and love her - that's as it should be. However it is never right to uphold anyone in committing a crime or doing wrong.
yea I understand where you are coming from but also when you no the truth behind it there is no reason to hold it to them. If I knew she did commit a crime then yea i wouldn't take up for her I'm totally for people that commit a crime to pay the price but she didn't so I don't think people should hold that against her.

Since: Sep 12

Elizabethton, TN

#30 Sep 14, 2012
karie89 wrote:
<quoted text>
yea I understand where you are coming from but also when you no the truth behind it there is no reason to hold it to them. If I knew she did commit a crime then yea i wouldn't take up for her I'm totally for people that commit a crime to pay the price but she didn't so I don't think people should hold that against her.
Honey, when you plesd guilty that means you are admitting to a crime.
Just saying

Gate City, VA

#31 Sep 14, 2012
my opinion wrote:
@ Not happening.. Were you in the court room to hear this guilty plea ? I spoke to 3 board members tonight who had not heard this .Maybe you were given false info. I would like to know for sure . Would it be on a court bar on the internet ? I will try to find out tomorrow . I want to know the facts, not just opinions and gossip.It was not in the paper either .It has been almost impossible for the ECVRC to do any charity work recently because of all the bills and legal charges that have been thrown at them, which I would quess is the plan .Right now they are treading water to stay active. I am sure the others are just chomping at the bit for them to fail so they can swoop in and take the building too . Hopefully, all this mess can be put behind us and continue on with our club. I would like to see it be built back up to where it could be of benefit to the community . What would be even better would be for both clubs to put all these issues aside for the betterment of both clubs and have 1 big club again .Believe me , there was wrong doing on some people in the Bingo club that will come out in court .Everybodys dirty laundry will get to be seen when it does . And it is a shame for all the Ruitans clubs and members . It cast a bad light on all of us when there is a scandal. With this economy like it is, it is very hard to get donations , especially if there is a scandal within the club. I am hoping for a just outcome, whatever it will be . I just want the truth to be told . But in my heart, I do not believe that the 2 ladies have done anything illegal . I quess we will just have to wait & see .. and pray .
and boy you sure want o tell all you know
Paleezzeeeee

Huntsville, TN

#32 Sep 15, 2012
Oh, my! I asked a couple of questions and it's exploded on here. I see there are supporters on both sides. However, after the events of the trial and the guilty plea I know which side to believe. It is obvious some need to get their heads out of the sand. No wonder the ECVR club ended up in this mess. When people plead quilty and you still have excuses or denial of quilt then your club is doomed. That seems to be the case here. My questions were answered when Harrison pled quilty and it wasn't for mileage! Please don't try to insult my intelligence. You do not plead quilty unless you know the State has the evidence to prove their case. Since I have my questions answered by her admitting guilt there's no reason for me to post further.
true

Elizabethton, TN

#33 Sep 18, 2012
Louise was charged with 9 counts of embezzelment. All but 1 charge was dropped because she had receipts,and the paperwork she needed. The only thing she could not find was some of the receipts for milage . She would drive people to the doctor and dentist when they needed someone to , in Bristol or even farther .Sometimes she bought christmas gifts for children when the club ran out of , on her own credit card .It seems there was always just one more child that needed toys and Louise would always offer to buy it herself . and this is the way that she was treated for it . While the bingo club was paying for all the big dinners for themselves and parties for their own kids , the club was running low on funds, and Louise & Brenda would go out & shop for these needy children.There is supposed to be a reprint in the paper, if it is done fairly . the lawyer is trying to see to that . This mess is all because of greed of all the cash flow thru bingo. Jack lost his case . We do not owe him anymore money. He has robbed Ruitan of enough rent to make him a tidy nest egg to sit on for a while.I dont know how he thought he could make them pay rent for a building which he had locked them out of !! STUPID I think that the shoe should go on the other foot now . They should investigate the bingo club. I dont think it was right to be paying theirselves salaries, for charity work? A lot of nights the money draw would be short when we left, but it was always like " its ok, we'll fix it tomorrow " . Now I dont think thats very good bookeeping folks ! Well, I am glad tis almost over .I just want to get back to the real purpose of the club. Just watch your paper, there will be a re-print . Good Evening Folks !
babysha

Honaker, VA

#34 Oct 17, 2012
I would like to make a comment you say the ruitan dont help anyone i no for a fact that is not the truth.I am a single mother of 2 kids one is disabled a nd they have helped me they seen to it my daughter got a laptop to help her so no one cant tell me they dont help the community. Thanks Wadlow Gap Ruitan
karie89

Cowpens, SC

#35 Oct 17, 2012
It's about time somebody realize what they have done they have helped people out in ways some other people in the community wouldn't do. My mamaw has never got a thank you or anything for what she has done all she got was court papers and people smashing her about "stealing" but I guess that's what you get for helping people out right?
true

Elizabethton, TN

#36 Oct 17, 2012
I know the ladies involved and they did not steal anything ! They were railroaded by people with money and power . The people who started all this are the ones who need to be investigated. THEN you will find out who was not playing by the rules !
karie89

Cowpens, SC

#37 Oct 18, 2012
Iv been trying to tell people this when it started. How about they go check the kilgores then the truth will come out.
jogging yenta

Duffield, VA

#38 Dec 30, 2012
does anyone know the hours/days of operation of this bingo facility at Wadlow Gap? I've Googled and Googled and tried to call with no answer. We have friends in town and just thought it would be fun to try

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Gate City, VA (Jan '11) 8 min leave us alone 78
billy denton 4 hr go4it hahaha 3
Chelsea salyer 17 hr xxx 1
Who is he? Sun Leslie 6
thick girl exxon gas station May 2 chad 6
shamrock shake down... May 1 snitches_r_- - - ... 2
Megyn Kelly is hot (Jan '14) May 1 NOTignorantLIKEyou 3
More from around the web

Gate City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]