Gate City Town Council Fires Police C...

Gate City Town Council Fires Police Chief

There are 8 comments on the Scott County Virginia Star story from Jan 22, 2014, titled Gate City Town Council Fires Police Chief. In it, Scott County Virginia Star reports that:

Gate City officials went behind closed doors on Thursday afternoon for approximately 30 minutes before they unanimously voted to fire Kim Birchfield as the town's chief of police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scott County Virginia Star.

Not again

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jan 27, 2014
Everything I had heard was positive, wonder who he pissed off?
No one survives in this town if you don't let unqualified leaders run your department.
He will be better off away from this one horse town!
Truth is

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Jan 29, 2014
Truth is the Chief got hurt at end of Oct, fell inside town hall and hurt his back pretty bad. Is this the way you would want your family member treated? FIRED while on a WORKMAN'S COMP, I have never heard of such, I always heard you don't kick a man while he's down.
Everyone Said what an improvement the police dept shown and how much crime had been down. Every time you picked up paper or often on the news, you saw the PD had made arrest or something positive.
I guess that wasn't good enough for these leaders that want to be in charge of everything themselves.
Ask for yourself WHY THEY FIRED A MAN HURT ON THE JOB,
I bet you don't get the truth!
Lol

Antioch, TN

#3 Feb 2, 2014
I'm sure the guy is under an investigation by the State Police for no reason!
Peeps

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Mar 21, 2014
Hahahaha that little troll didn't get a permanent position!!! Fink is a queer
Fink

France

#5 Mar 21, 2014
Dont make me trace your ip address and whoop your but. Im gonna keep an eye out for you!
Scc

Kingsport, TN

#7 Apr 1, 2014
Why is it that deputy ted fletcher with scott county sheriffs office is still working after being charged with domestic assault on his wife. Any other police dept he would've been suspended just look at bristol herald courier, bristol, tn office was suspended after he assaulted his girlfriend
opinion

Nanterre, France

#9 Apr 3, 2014
Somebody has an unhealthy fascination on ted
Kristy

Fort Blackmore, VA

#10 Dec 30, 2014
opinion wrote:
Somebody has an unhealthy fascination on ted
What did u screw him too. Lord knows I did several times @ colonial downs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Monty Dean Guy accused of molesting a 13-year-old (Feb '11) 6 hr Isthatyouchomo 27
Why is Wendys exit 7 closed? (Jan '13) 10 hr Saucy 40
Jeep Builder 13 hr smart_ask 1
so the thread about the VAN PELT TEACHER Wed Degree 7
bos 2015 (Nov '15) Wed Something smells 31
what happened to Officer Buchanan? Tue fast women 7
Veterans Admin Bristol Clinic Jun 28 Dianna 6

Gate City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gate City Mortgages