12 Reasons to vote Democrat

12 Reasons to vote Democrat

Posted in the Gate City Forum

New Cat On the Block

Kingsport, TN

#1 Mar 9, 2012
TWELVE REASONS WHY I AM VOTING DEMOCRAT

1. I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending my money than I would, they always tell me what to think, so I don’t ever have to think for myself. I can trust them.

2. I'm voting Democrat because I believe freedom of speech is fine, just as long as I'm not offended by it. Then, someone must be punished.

3. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that when we pull out of Iraq, and Afghanistan, the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they think we're good people.

4. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that the people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday, CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't use HAZMAT light bulbs, and start driving a Prius.

5. I'm voting Democrat because I believe there's nothing wrong in slaughtering millions of unborn babies, so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

6. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that businesses should not ever be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to just break even and give the rest to the government for redistribution to people who never want to work, but will always vote Democrat as long as they get free money.

7. I’m voting Democrat because I believe labor unions should always get all the pay and benefits they want and never be laid off, or fired.

8. I'm voting Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.

9. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that open borders and government give-aways to illegal immigrants is a great way to grow a nation.

10.I'm voting Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police is all I need to protect me and keep me safe.

11.I'm voting Democrat because I believe the BIG OIL companies' profit of 3% on a gallon of gas is obscene, but the federal, state, and local governments all taxing that same gallon of gas at 40% is not.

12.I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whomever or whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse, and find enhanced TSA pat-downs pleasantly stimulating. They make me feel safer, too
Morris Girl

Gate City, VA

#2 Mar 9, 2012
Oh! Hank you just said in your last post you were a moderate turns out your a freakin Teaoholic!!!!
I thought you were born to a single mother I guess you didn't love her enough to save her Social Security.
Blank

Big Stone Gap, VA

#3 Mar 9, 2012
New Cat On the Block wrote:
TWELVE REASONS WHY I AM VOTING DEMOCRAT
1. I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending my money than I would, they always tell me what to think, so I don’t ever have to think for myself. I can trust them.
2. I'm voting Democrat because I believe freedom of speech is fine, just as long as I'm not offended by it. Then, someone must be punished.
3. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that when we pull out of Iraq, and Afghanistan, the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they think we're good people.
4. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that the people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday, CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't use HAZMAT light bulbs, and start driving a Prius.
5. I'm voting Democrat because I believe there's nothing wrong in slaughtering millions of unborn babies, so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
6. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that businesses should not ever be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to just break even and give the rest to the government for redistribution to people who never want to work, but will always vote Democrat as long as they get free money.
7. I’m voting Democrat because I believe labor unions should always get all the pay and benefits they want and never be laid off, or fired.
8. I'm voting Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.
9. I'm voting Democrat because I believe that open borders and government give-aways to illegal immigrants is a great way to grow a nation.
10.I'm voting Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police is all I need to protect me and keep me safe.
11.I'm voting Democrat because I believe the BIG OIL companies' profit of 3% on a gallon of gas is obscene, but the federal, state, and local governments all taxing that same gallon of gas at 40% is not.
12.I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whomever or whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse, and find enhanced TSA pat-downs pleasantly stimulating. They make me feel safer, too
12 REASONS to vote Republican...
(1)--Government should do nothing but kiss ass of evanglelicals and polluters
(2)--Freedom of speech is great, as long as it is hate-filled, fact challenged and racist
(3)--wars in foreign countries help Haliburton and oil companies
(4)--99% of scientists belive climate change is real, but just ONE out of hundred disagree and it is in "question"
(5)--women are just "baby machines" and MEN decide their breeding for them
(6)--business should make tens of millions of profits for CEO's but poor working people deserve to starve
(7)--labor unions should be abolished so we can pay workers little and have no labor laws
(8)--freedom for all in constitution is crap unless it reflects evanglical and/or corporate interests
(9)--opposition to immigranst is perfect forum for racist beliefs to emerge
(10)--handgun murder is all time high, but that is fine...thinning the herd
(11)--i know that Wall street sets gas prices, but i will make up that the president does...
(12)--i know that who others choose to marry will DESTROY MY OWN MARRIAGE...and i know that TSA patodowns were started by republicans, but i will ignore it, since facts rather than rants would destroy the GOP
(13)
my2cents

Gate City, VA

#4 Mar 9, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>12 REASONS to vote Republican...
(1)--Government should do nothing but kiss ass of evanglelicals and polluters
(2)--Freedom of speech is great, as long as it is hate-filled, fact challenged and racist
(3)--wars in foreign countries help Haliburton and oil companies
(4)--99% of scientists belive climate change is real, but just ONE out of hundred disagree and it is in "question"
(5)--women are just "baby machines" and MEN decide their breeding for them
(6)--business should make tens of millions of profits for CEO's but poor working people deserve to starve
(7)--labor unions should be abolished so we can pay workers little and have no labor laws
(8)--freedom for all in constitution is crap unless it reflects evanglical and/or corporate interests
(9)--opposition to immigranst is perfect forum for racist beliefs to emerge
(10)--handgun murder is all time high, but that is fine...thinning the herd
(11)--i know that Wall street sets gas prices, but i will make up that the president does...
(12)--i know that who others choose to marry will DESTROY MY OWN MARRIAGE...and i know that TSA patodowns were started by republicans, but i will ignore it, since facts rather than rants would destroy the GOP
(13)
You forgot one, I believe that when Jesus returns he will be blond, blue eyed and fair skinned just like me even though he was born in the middle east.
Blank

Big Stone Gap, VA

#5 Mar 9, 2012
my2cents wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot one, I believe that when Jesus returns he will be blond, blue eyed and fair skinned just like me even though he was born in the middle east.
HA! Could be!!
Buck

Kingsport, TN

#6 Mar 9, 2012
Here is the best one pf all:
One only has to look back to the 2008 presidential campaign to see his feelings on gas prices. He told CNBC's John Harwood that when gas prices were spiking at the time, "I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment…" To paraphrase his quote, he supports higher prices as long as it is done slowly.

When he became president, he appointed Professor Steven Chu as his energy secretary. In September 2008, Chu is quoted by Fox News as wanting to make American gas prices comparable to those found in Europe. European gas prices currently run 1.54 euros per liter according to Europe's Energy Portal. If we convert that to American dollars and gallons, that would equal about $7.92 per gallon. That is more than twice what we currently pay. According to Chu, the purpose of this price forcing is to get consumers to buy green technology.

The best way to lower gas prices is to increase the supply. In 2008, Obama's answer to calls to increase oil supplies was to tell us to inflate our tires and get a tune up. Since then, he has jumped on the drilling bandwagon in his speeches.

However, according to National Review, his policies has not changed to support more oil exploration. He has strangled the approval for new shallow water drilling permits from a pre-Obama average of 14.1 permits per month to a February 2012 average of 2.3 per month. In 2011, the USA Today tells us that he staunchly opposed the Keystone Pipeline which would allow the U.S. to tap into the vast new oil reserves from Canada. Finally, there has not been a major new oil refinery built since 1978 despite massive increase in gasoline demand.

Obama does not want higher gas prices in an election year. However, it appears from the evidence above that a high gas price at any other time is preferred from his administration in the name of environmentalism.
3 Reasons

Johnson City, TN

#7 Mar 19, 2012
I am voting Democrat for 3 reasons:
1. Romney
2. Santorum
3. Gingrich

An attempt to defend any of these 3 is futile, regardless of what you think about our current leadership. At this point, American citizens should not be voting for parties. I believe we just need to find the right individual to lead us out of the mess that has been created over the past 12 years.

“Writer and General Geek”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 20, 2012
Reasons I am not voting Democrat:

* Appalling treatment of women, children, and minorities over nothing more than politics(i.e. Palins, Cain, etc.). Equal rights? Yeah, right.
* Not even a simple budget in years.
* Gitmo is not closed.
* Wars are not only ongoing, several others look impending.
* Green Energy fiascoes.
* Because so many Dems seem to really believe the world is out to get them.
* You're "phobic" if you have a faith, belong to a different political party, etc.
* I'm sick of blame.

This is a brief summary.

Of course all potential candidates, who aren't Democratic, will be any number of terrible things, just because they belong to a different political party. It doesn't matter if it's Repub, Green, Conservative, Independent, or any other party. The only "right" way to vote is left.

Our mess started when Clinton was in office.
3 Reasons

Johnson City, TN

#9 Mar 21, 2012
Laura_Writes
Thank you so much for the laugh of the day! After your conservative rant against the Democratic party, you finish with you brilliant words of wisdom for us all: "The only right way to vote is left". I thought that I would help you & your damn ignorance out!
-->
In the United States, many leftists, social liberals, progressives and trade unionists were influenced by the works of Thomas Paine, who introduced the concept of asset-based egalitarianism, which theorises that social equality is possible by a redistribution of resources.
---->Short & simple review for you: Left means liberal or Democrat!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_politi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left%E2%80%93rig...
-->
I believe this is the main issue with America today. There are way to many people that do not even know who or what they are voting for. Go along with the crowd (sheeple). A whole community on freaking welfare, disability, & whatever other social program will vote Republican because that is what everyone else in the state votes. "By Gawd, I am a conservative Christian & the Publicans' let me keep my damn guns". After this Republican gets in office & cuts the safety net out from under them who will they blame? Them damn Democrats & liberals are destroying us! EDUCATION is so very important going forward in our society, so please get on board. Geez.
--->
Another thing Laura_Writes (you mental midget), I never once said that I was a Democrat or Republican & I vote for the candidate & his view(s), not view. I am guessing (based on your philosophy) that you also think that Franklin D. Roosevelt was worthless because he was a liberal Democrat? Has he not been voted the best president of all time? Was he not the only president to serve more than 2 terms? His New Deal (that Republican America rejected & Germany had to accept) is the reason why Germany still has a very stable economy while the rest of the world is struggling. Please Google something or read a book & come back smarter.
3 Reasons

Johnson City, TN

#10 Mar 21, 2012
* Appalling treatment of women, children, and minorities over nothing more than politics(i.e. Palins, Cain, etc.). Equal rights? Yeah, right.
>States Laura_Writes
----------
I almost missed this idiocy as well, Outstanding Laura! I mean seriously: LOL, you are a confused person & poor excuse for an American. However, I will help you out with this one as well.

---> ie (id est) means which is to say, in other words == Meaning of "ie" == ie means "example"

--> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_ 'ie'_mean

HMMMMMM, Palin & Cain are indeed Republicans! Do you even know how to vote? Are you one of those hanging Chads that could not figure the ballot out?

“Writer and General Geek”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 21, 2012
No need to thank me. You both did well! Proved my point exactly.

So, since my politics aren't YOUR politics, then of course, I should be insulted and degraded. Makes perfect sense. To a psycho. So, no one has any right to form their own thoughts an opinions when they disagree with you, do they? You laugh about people clinging to their guns, but you cling to intolerance and fear-mongering just as much, if not more. Is there a stereotype you don't accept as the truth?

That's all that "tolerance" and "acceptance of others" isn't it? Since I have my own ideas and opinions, and I'm not following what you're parroting, there's something wrong with me, huh? And you dare call others xenophobic? ROFL.

If you rely on Wikipedia that much, I see why.

I never said what political party I belonged to, either. It's absolutely laughable you consider yourself intellectual after making such judgements on someone you know nothing of.

I'm an Independent, for a reason. You prove exactly why I will never vote Democrat. Small minded, judgmental(even more so that those evil, awful Christians!)incompetent, etc.

And, always, all of you justify your hatred and animosity with "this person over here does it!"

Perhaps if you want to play in politics, you might want to make your side look intelligent. You think either rant makes me, or will make anyone reading this, want to follow a political party so imbalanced? A bunch of angry loons that either can't or won't even discuss politics without coming unhinged or shelling out antiquated stereotypes that easily apply to both parties.

And of course, no one, anywhere, at any time, has any right to decide their own political affiliation or social opinions. Because you say so. All ways are your ways, aren't they?

How lovely. Wish I had time to go through message board posts and look for grammar errors. Good political debating skills.

Unlike either of you, I appreciate our political system and the fact that people can simply agree to disagree. And I can do so without resorting to high school name-calling or disrespecting others who don't agree. However, apparently that's an alien concept here.
3 Reasons

Johnson City, TN

#12 Mar 22, 2012
Laura_Writes ---->You are a troll, plain & simple. There is no way that you would write what you did & then state that I simply don't understand your view. Your don't have any view & all of your statements are oxymorons. Go back under your bridge & rot away!

“Writer and General Geek”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Mar 22, 2012
You are calling someone else a troll. Again. Amazing.

I stated my views in my very first post. Evidently, I wrote it because it is my view.

Not at all. There were no oxymorons.

See, if someone attempts reason or logic, the personal insults fly. Typical.

Leave the politics to the adults. Children, or those who act like children, is the very reason the political field is so malicious and vile.
Green Future- Not

Kingsport, TN

#14 Mar 23, 2012
Voter for a green President in that he doesn't have a clue about the future or the past.
Remember Obama's invocation of Chinese progress on solar technologies in his bid for subsidies to Solyndra and the rest? It seems the Chinese were grinding out those solar panels mostly in response to European demand -- an artificial demand that relied almost entirely on the subsidies of European governments. David Baldock, of the Institute for European Environmental Policy, told the Post, "Governments aren't always good at knowing how to profile their subsidies against market conditions." Hmm. Remove the "always" from that sentence, and you're getting somewhere.

Europe is backing away from green energy subsidies because they are a waste of precious resources. The Europeans are also aware, though no one discusses it much, that all of their subsidies haven't reduced Europe's production of CO2 one whit. Because of the EU-wide system of emissions trading, the emissions credits earned by solar and wind plants in Germany and elsewhere have simply gone to older, dirtier plants in Eastern Europe.

Facing devastating deficits and shrinking populations, Europe is rethinking its embrace of the green energy "future." As Miranda Schreurs, director of the Environmental Policy Research Center at the Free University of Berlin told the Post, "Everybody knows we can't go the way we've been going ... It'll break the bank."

Well, not "everybody." Not President Obama.
Jenkinzizbetta

Kingsport, TN

#16 Apr 3, 2012
Hay, u haters listin up!!! Luara writes IS smarter than u haters. She bout best thing from Gate city and she smart 2. I agree 1000 persent with waht she said also she right when she say ur a bunch a ox and morons. lol Go a head and vote 4 demmos u bunch a name calers and childs. lol may be Gate city aint such bad place aftre all. No its a bad place an every thing but that Laura is OK in my book!!! Preach it Luara!

“Writer and General Geek”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 Apr 4, 2012
Jenkinzizbetta wrote:
Hay, u haters listin up!!! Luara writes IS smarter than u haters. She bout best thing from Gate city and she smart 2. I agree 1000 persent with waht she said also she right when she say ur a bunch a ox and morons. lol Go a head and vote 4 demmos u bunch a name calers and childs. lol may be Gate city aint such bad place aftre all. No its a bad place an every thing but that Laura is OK in my book!!! Preach it Luara!
How peculiar. How do you know where I'm' from?
Jenkinzizbetta

Kingsport, TN

#18 Apr 4, 2012
I dont know u but I just guest u wear from Gate city since u wear on GAte City topx. U seem 2 be a lot smarter than other's on Gate CIty topix thats all. Lot a ppl on here are real haters but u dont seem likethat. not sure waht u mean by pecular tho. May god bless
kkk

United States

#19 Apr 4, 2012
Just vote republican,so the white house will be white again!

“Writer and General Geek”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Apr 5, 2012
Jenkinzizbetta wrote:
I dont know u but I just guest u wear from Gate city since u wear on GAte City topx. U seem 2 be a lot smarter than other's on Gate CIty topix thats all. Lot a ppl on here are real haters but u dont seem likethat. not sure waht u mean by pecular tho. May god bless
Oh, okay, I didn't know if you knew me. I went to school there a few years, but I'm not originally from there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jenkins is Betta 5 hr JIB 1
Thoughts on Coach Akers? 14 hr Satan is a devil 3
How many games will Gate City Football win this... Sun Spiv a Little 118
New Wedding Venue in Mendota Va (Aug '13) Sun Goat 3
Angie Brown Sun Ihatethebitch 17
Lindsey Sep 23 Dirtydickhead 1
Marty McConnell Sep 23 Old Friend 1

Gate City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gate City Mortgages