Do you approve of Terry Kilgore as St...

Do you approve of Terry Kilgore as State House of Delegates -- Member?

Posted in the Gate City Forum

old grandpap

United States

#1 Oct 29, 2011
NO
just wondering

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Oct 29, 2011
As I asked in another thread without any answer, exactly what has he done for Scott County or our area specifically? What bill has he pushed through to help us out and bring jobs to our area? I have seen his picture many times standing with other political officials and it makes good photo-ops but I just don't think he comes across as a doer.
jeffery

United States

#3 Oct 30, 2011
no
A Voice

Blacksburg, VA

#4 Nov 1, 2011
If you listen to his supporters, he is the greatest provider of jobs and money that southwest Virginia has. Yes, it's stimulus money and pork-barrel spending that Rick Boucher was so criticized for supporting. Come on, GOP fans,,,,,,you can't have it both ways.
crack daddy

Gate City, VA

#5 Nov 8, 2011
Terry does a fine job; However, I don't think his younger brother does a well as he should.
guy

Brentwood, TN

#6 Jan 15, 2012
raises taxes on the middle class
GC Citizen

Bristol, TN

#8 Jan 18, 2012
I would say that for as long he has been in office, he has accomplished very little.
TSMAN

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jan 19, 2012
crack daddy wrote:
Terry does a fine job; However, I don't think his younger brother does a well as he should.
Who is his "younger brother"?
crack daddy

Gate City, VA

#11 May 7, 2012
TSMAN wrote:
<quoted text>Who is his "younger brother"?
John
Rock center

Palmyra, VA

#12 May 9, 2012
No no no! Typical politician. Tells you what you want to hear and nothing to show for it.
George

Duffield, VA

#13 Jul 6, 2015
Doing a good job for Southwest Virginia
CrazyPhuckers

Nickelsville, VA

#14 Jul 6, 2015
They just built a McDonald in Gate City. What more do you people want?
Dont tread on meee

Gate City, VA

#15 Jul 7, 2015
Yes! Vote him out if you don't. Oh wait, he's unopposed.
Richard T

Smartt, TN

#16 Jul 8, 2015
George wrote:
Doing a good job for Southwest Virginia
That's funny, How's the hospital doing up there in lee county??

Since: Feb 12

Duffield, VA

#17 Jul 15, 2015
A Voice

Abingdon, VA

#18 Aug 11, 2015
If anyone is wondering where Ex Senator Wampler has been for the last few years, you should read an article published in the Richmond Times Dispatch this past Saturday. It seems he was provided a position in a small college,(enrollment around 250 students), in the eastern part of the state with a $172,000 a year salary supplemented with funds from, guess where,,,,,,the Tobacco Fund. Additional salary of around $200,000 a year and a $30,000 a year living expense stipend. A similar state college salary paid to the administrator at William and Mary, with thousands of students. The end result is a man who served in the Va State Senate with an annual salary of $18,000 a year, now since state retirement is based on the last few years income, can enjoy a state retirement of $85,000 a year. How sad that so many people in the area are suffering and such in-your-face abuse as this continues. Is there absolutely no accountability for such sweetheart deals?
Think about it

Duffield, VA

#19 Aug 11, 2015
If he's such a good politician how come he can't get cell phone service for Nickelsville, yet the Taliban can upload a video from a cave in Afghanistan?
Caveman

Smartt, TN

#20 Aug 11, 2015
Think about it wrote:
If he's such a good politician how come he can't get cell phone service for Nickelsville, yet the Taliban can upload a video from a cave in Afghanistan?
Come on, that's not fair. It's not Terry's fault that Scott county is 20 years behind the rest of the world. Scott county is the land that God forgot.
Think about it

Duffield, VA

#21 Aug 11, 2015
Caveman wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, that's not fair. It's not Terry's fault that Scott county is 20 years behind the rest of the world. Scott county is the land that God forgot.
I meant it tongue in cheek I know it's not his fault. It's the Tobacco Commission's fault and the Board of Economic Development.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Football 2017 2 hr Bonefied fan 24
why is the gate city pizza hut shut down? 11 hr Spiv a Little 3
gate city football full of 18+ year olds Sat Spiv a Little 18
Ok Ashli Fri Huh 1
Will Weber City Have a new Principal? (Jun '11) Jul 21 Bobby boy 15
Enterprise propane Jul 20 Pod customer 1
Coach Amy Reed Jul 19 For the kids 26

Gate City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance