First Prev
of 3
Next Last
It has started

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Jul 29, 2011
One from WCE recieved letter and is moving to DPE. Better keep eye on mailbox.
Just asking

Gate City, VA

#2 Jul 29, 2011
Does anyone know who the teachers are that are moving in Scott Co.?
Question

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Jul 30, 2011
Why would you move someone from WC (lives in WC) to Duffield and someone from Duffield(who lives in Duffield to WC)? With the cost of gas and no rasies for four years does that make sense when the jobs are the same?
corruption

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jul 30, 2011
Question wrote:
Why would you move someone from WC (lives in WC) to Duffield and someone from Duffield(who lives in Duffield to WC)? With the cost of gas and no rasies for four years does that make sense when the jobs are the same?
Its called retaliation. Its happened for years and it is why teachers are afraid to speak up. This was one of JF's first decisions as Super. Looks like things wont change under his supervision.
Approve

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Jul 30, 2011
Wonder who he called to this move approved?
Solution

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jul 30, 2011
Approve wrote:
Wonder who he called to this move approved?
No doubt LC. I don't blame him for asking his advice. He will be voting for him in Oct. And we all know what havoc LC has created. HA HA HA HA
Solution

Kingsport, TN

#7 Jul 30, 2011
Question wrote:
Only if you wanted to retaliate.
Approve

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Jul 30, 2011
No doubt that this move had to do with coaches for GC. I have heard that these moves were PE teachers.
cowards

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jul 30, 2011
Approve wrote:
No doubt that this move had to do with coaches for GC. I have heard that these moves were PE teachers.
Wrong. The FB coach lives in duffield and did not want to move until he could move to the high school or middle school. This move for him to go to WC only means he has a further commute now. The move was to retaliate against the current PE teacher at WC. The PE teacher at WC that got move did not care who knew, she proudly supported the one who filed a complaint againt the school board and the EEOC is now involved. Every move they make shows they have something to hide. WHAT IN THE HELL HAPPENED TO WHATS BEST FOR THE CHILDREN?

Just b/c it might have been LC's idea doesnt mean that it is ok for JF to sign his name to it. He is just as corrupt!
Approve

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Jul 30, 2011
Didn't he have to commute yo GC becasue of coaching football and basketball? So that statement doesn't hold water. FB and BB is a five days a week. This move will allow him to be at practice 30mts earlier each day.
cowards

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 30, 2011
Approve wrote:
Didn't he have to commute yo GC becasue of coaching football and basketball? So that statement doesn't hold water. FB and BB is a five days a week. This move will allow him to be at practice 30mts earlier each day.
Yes he had to commute that is why he would like to be placed at the high school or middle school not at WC! What good does that do? He made it to practice on time everyday...you are misinformed. This move was not about him or his interest, it was retaliation. By the way, have you ever noticed the traffic from WC to GC when school lets out. The commute would take just as long.
disapprove

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jul 30, 2011
If it is for the commute, why did they just not move him with a PE teacher at the high school or middle school. WC makes no sense. Sounds like retaliation to me.
what a joke

Johnson City, TN

#13 Jul 30, 2011
Solution wrote:
<quoted text>No doubt LC. I don't blame him for asking his advice. He will be voting for him in Oct. And we all know what havoc LC has created. HA HA HA HA
GREEN LIGHT, GREEN LIGHT. In the scott county star, it said Mr. Ferguson starting making moves after getting a green light from the board. How wrong is that. There is obvious confusion about job responsibility.
After

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Jul 30, 2011
cowards wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he had to commute that is why he would like to be placed at the high school or middle school not at WC! What good does that do? He made it to practice on time everyday...you are misinformed. This move was not about him or his interest, it was retaliation. By the way, have you ever noticed the traffic from WC to GC when school lets out. The commute would take just as long.
Who said he didn't make it to pratice on time? Some times you don't get what you want.
Question

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Jul 31, 2011
Which is more important, sports or education?
insight

Johnson City, TN

#16 Jul 31, 2011
I dont think it has anything to do with sports or education. It has to do with retaliation and the board wanting to shut someone up. This isn't the first rodeo! Teachers in Scott County usually get moved for one of two reasons, either poor job performance (and no one tells you you arent doing a good job until you move) or for retaliation. In this case, I have heard they are both great PE teachers so I have to believe its for retaliation. Such a shame! This move has to deal with a self-centered board and a Super that is either missing a backbone or as corrupt as the rest. I am tired of the ignorance and know Scott County can do better. I cant wait until November!
Two tit timmy

Duffield, VA

#17 Jul 31, 2011
insight wrote:
I dont think it has anything to do with sports or education. It has to do with retaliation and the board wanting to shut someone up. This isn't the first rodeo! Teachers in Scott County usually get moved for one of two reasons, either poor job performance (and no one tells you you arent doing a good job until you move) or for retaliation. In this case, I have heard they are both great PE teachers so I have to believe its for retaliation. Such a shame! This move has to deal with a self-centered board and a Super that is either missing a backbone or as corrupt as the rest. I am tired of the ignorance and know Scott County can do better. I cant wait until November!
LB is a good person and I even like her dog.
speak out

Kingsport, TN

#18 Jul 31, 2011
LB is a woman and she has an opion. In Scott County you can't have both or you are moved. Go LB
two tit timmy

Duffield, VA

#19 Jul 31, 2011
I wish more teachers like LB had some balls. I know most don't in fear of losing the job. That's what its going to take. Some one on the inside needs to go to the times or county paper and be come winds of co. A tell all book could be printed. Who is retiring next? What would they have to lose to bring out in the open.
Just Saying

Gate City, VA

#20 Jul 31, 2011
Who is this LB you speak of and where is she at or where is she going to?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gate City Shame 2 hr Mr Liar 12
Kilgore Abuses Tobacco Commission Position Again 22 hr Terry Kilgore Mus... 15
Chase smith 23 hr I want to know 1
Madison grizzle 23 hr M grizz 1
Silver spur Sun country music singer 2
you know who u r Sun star 6
Estillville Bed & Breakfast Sun JRD 14
•••
•••

Gate City Jobs