First Prev
of 4
Next Last
4 TKG

Duffield, VA

#62 May 17, 2012
A Voice wrote:
<quoted text>ABUSE OF POLITICAL POWER AT IT'S WORST, that's how. No need to worry about qualifications, he had the right connection in Richmond. That house of cards needs to fall. The perfectly qualified and motivated candidate was probably available, but this deal was done well in advance of the previous Super's retirement. Just read the paper in Dickenson County presently. Same names floating around, same power-players, but I think their little red wagon is toast at home now.
Face it RM - you will never win.
A Voice

Roanoke, VA

#63 May 17, 2012
Well, first and foremost, I have no idea who RM is. This is not a win or lose situation for me personally. I just hope that, in the end, the good people and more importantly the students of the Scott County School System win. This ONE circus act has cost the taxpayers dearly and the bottom line has still not been determined. I just hope that lessons have been learned and that responsible parties (the School Board) do their homework before accepting a purely politically motivated placement in the future. The time taken to deal with this mess has distracted the Board and administration from the real issues and challenges they face. I just wonder if the people involved in this think about it and if they feel they owe the voters an apology.
A Good Guess

Johnson City, TN

#64 May 17, 2012
4 TKG wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it RM - you will never win.
A guess would be that she taught school in Scott about ten years ago and moved to another city in Va.
lets hope

Madisonville, TN

#65 May 17, 2012
I agree with A Voice and just hope the political "leaders" involved in getting this man his job are exposed. They were clearly not thinking about the future of our schools, teachers and students when they got involved. They were only self promoting.
A Voice

Roanoke, VA

#66 May 17, 2012
A Good Guess wrote:
<quoted text>
A guess would be that she taught school in Scott about ten years ago and moved to another city in Va.
No, never taught school, never lived in Scott County and last time I checked had wrong equipment for a ''she''. I have no hidden agenda here at all except to see that this type of political bullying stops in Scott Co., Virginia and the dear old USA.
A Voice

Roanoke, VA

#67 May 17, 2012
Who I am is not important. The message I bring is. I don't hate anyone, want anyone hurt personally. I just think apologies are in order. Scott County should demand it. Maybe a public apology would make others think twice about hiring their buddies and benefactors kids into public positions.
A Voice Too

Stanley, NC

#68 May 23, 2012
I've seen the pictures!
Waitingforsanity

Knoxville, TN

#69 May 23, 2012
What pictures?
Funny

Duffield, VA

#70 Jun 11, 2012
No Comments on School Board Stand, I will say Thumbs up to Kingsport Times today!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New McDonald's 18 min drooling autotrope 4
Debate: Gay Marriage - Gate City, VA (Jan '11) 14 hr leave us alone 78
billy denton 19 hr go4it hahaha 3
Chelsea salyer Mon xxx 1
Who is he? Sun Leslie 6
thick girl exxon gas station May 2 chad 6
shamrock shake down... May 1 snitches_r_- - - ... 2
More from around the web

Gate City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE