Check Out Times News on-line for Scot...

Check Out Times News on-line for Scott School Board Lawsuit

Posted in the Gate City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sports

Kingsport, TN

#1 May 10, 2012
Read it on line or read the paper on Friday.
TOaJscott

United States

#2 May 10, 2012
I met a traveller from an antique land Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand, Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command Tell that its sculptor well those passions read Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things, The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed. And on the pedestal these words appear:`My name is Scot, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains. Round the decay Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, The lone and level sands stretch far away". Wiped clean by the finger of God...for all time
JCool

United States

#3 May 10, 2012
Run Jim Run Hell hounds a commin fer ya soul!
parent

United States

#4 May 10, 2012
This is just the beginning......there a 3 more suits in the works with the previous board....and I also heard the state is looking into misappropiation of funds.... seems cofers were robbed and no one can explain where the money went....After this ends I don't think anyone will want to hold a sbo position...or even wish to be a supervisor...
sols

United States

#5 May 10, 2012
If the new super and board would distance themselves by launching an investigation into misappropiation of funds and prosecute a few retired supervisors, supers, and former board members (should they find something wrong) and able to prove it..the community would be happy and I think all of this could be resolved....its time to hand over those who did this....but I feel personally that because the new board and super were slow in answers and responses to the public that they are now beginning to see the hands of justice reaching out to do the job that we the parents wanted them to do....I don't know how this will end....if it goes as far as I think I can see the state taking over and running things from Richmond....and if there are indeed 3 more lawsuits.....then even the new board and super may find themselves thrown out of office...its time to do what's right...its time to hand over these people that squandered our tax dollars and school funds. Its time to to tell the public the truth as to what happened and quit hiding those people responsible for this. They aren't even in office...give them up...the community will understand....
Truth

Kingsport, TN

#6 May 11, 2012
The only way the truth will come out is for this to go to trial. If it is settled out of court nothing will become of any of this mess. I would think that another lawsuit for misuse of money would need to be filed. Another lawsuit would be needed to prove that what is implied in this lawsuit did occur. If it is settled behind closed doors with the results not made public by law the public will have no confidence any of the current or past leaders. At the present time the truth is unknown to the public about the misuse of money and the misuse of the public's trust. The best possible out come of this may be for the education department in Richmond to do a probe into all of this mess.
Goober

Johnson City, TN

#7 May 11, 2012
Does it strike anyone else as strange that Dr J. DOES NOT name Baker as a defendant? Could it be because she does'nt want her "fling/ affair/ flirtations" with him coming to light? Could she have thrown her self on him many times, then when he acted on it she cried S. harrasment? Not saying he is innocent just saying if you sue someone why don't you sue the person who allegedly did the act? Because you don't want your own laundry aired perhaps. Her own husband must feel something went on as well. Just Saying.
What A Day

Kingsport, TN

#8 May 11, 2012
A few questions? Who was hired first the super or AS? Who requested the AS? Wasn't Mr. John F. already the AS? If the Board was aware of super's background wasn't the new hire for AS also aware? Why would we need two AS? None of this whole mess makes any sense.

Since: May 12

Johnson City, TN

#9 May 11, 2012
The Scott County SB is as corrupt of a local organization as there can be. I believe the state should look into where funding is being used and its management pracices over many years. The sexual H lawsuit is just another feather in the cap of this crooked/corrupt organization. I would be ashamed if my kids were led by this administration of corrupt individuals. The state should had taken this case and cleaned house. I do not know the facts about the new allegations but this county needs some serious restructuring.
Clean house and serve the community (especially the students) and clean up Scott County.

Sure there are politics everywhere and especially in small towns but when you have mess after mess after mess, it's flat out embarrrasing. I was born in Scott County but I am somewhat glad I am out of that political ring of back scrathers who are in it for the wrong reasons and heavey wallets.
GC Citizen

Bristol, TN

#10 May 11, 2012
I hope this does goto court, as Ms. J might have to tell the truth for a change and the only school board members that will be sweating, will be the ones her daddy bought and paid for. Mr. C is the one whose gonna come out looking like a fool when he finds out the truth about his daughter.
bearcat

Johnson City, TN

#12 May 11, 2012
Goober, that would be because this is a lawsuit against the school board who wrongfully demoted her for being a victim.

GC Citizen, get a life. Did you witness Dr. J having an affair? Did you see them in action? Did you personally read the emails and texts? Did you hear the phone calls? What an ignorant fool you are! Is your name Greg Baker? Or are you a current fling of his? Everybody who has a brain knows that he's a womanizing, manipulating, predator. Don't be glib.
Sunny

Palmyra, VA

#13 May 11, 2012
Until reading today's article, I did not know that baker had to resign in Scott county previously due to lying. Can I just ask, why in the hell did this board hire him in the first place? Between lying on an application and soliciting, seems the sports complex isn't the only major wrongs they made.
I wish I did not know

United States

#14 May 11, 2012
bearcat wrote:
Goober, that would be because this is a lawsuit against the school board who wrongfully demoted her for being a victim.
GC Citizen, get a life. Did you witness Dr. J having an affair? Did you see them in action? Did you personally read the emails and texts? Did you hear the phone calls? What an ignorant fool you are! Is your name Greg Baker? Or are you a current fling of his? Everybody who has a brain knows that he's a womanizing, manipulating, predator. Don't be glib.
Yes. Baker is all those things. But she fucked him anyway. She only cried harrassment when her husband found out. She is now suing to try to save face. But Dr. J, there are real people ( teachers) who actually need the money they get paid that are going to be hurt by this. I know it's a fairy tale princess fantasy to you, but the rest of us live in the real world. Do everyone a favor and move on down to your Hilton Head mansion and leave Scott County alone.
Bearcat

United States

#15 May 11, 2012
I wish I did not know wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Baker is all those things. But she fucked him anyway. She only cried harrassment when her husband found out. She is now suing to try to save face. But Dr. J, there are real people ( teachers) who actually need the money they get paid that are going to be hurt by this. I know it's a fairy tale princess fantasy to you, but the rest of us live in the real world. Do everyone a favor and move on down to your Hilton Head mansion and leave Scott County alone.
What evidence do you have that she actually had an affair? Please enlighten us! I'm sorry that you are so threatened that people in southwest Virginia can work hard and become successful. I'm sorry you are so jealous, but no one has prevented you from going to school to find a better paying career, or working hard in some other capacity to earn more money so that you, too could also have a mansion in Hilton Head since that seems more important to point out than the vast improvements she made to WCE.
Getting back to the original point, if you "know" something, how is it that you know this? I'd love to hear some evidence supporting this affair!
Proverbs 26

Gate City, VA

#16 May 11, 2012
For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.  As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife. The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body.
Johnqpublic

United States

#17 May 11, 2012
Proverbs 26 wrote:
For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer, quarreling ceases.  As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife. The words of a whisperer are like delicious morsels; they go down into the inner parts of the body.
What's your point? Don't post on Topix, then.
sols

United States

#18 May 11, 2012
Based on the law it doesn't matter if she did it or not....the evidence that the former board said they had was hear say no one saw any texts message outside that board room...everyone was fed what that board wanted us to hear....there is no evidence that the board ever presented....and you don't understand the law....if she got caught with him (and she didn't) it doesn't matter.....all she has to say is that she was threatened....its the law folks.....on top of that this board has to explain why they hired a convicted fellon with a noted reputation as a predator (that's a federal offense, (no fellon can teeach)they have to explain why they forged his credentials.... they created this environment in which he could prey on her or anyone else.....its already over....the eeoc does not just randomly pick a case.....say what you want guilty or innocent of the affair its a moot point..affairs are not illegal...immoral and wrong....yes... but not illegal..and what the community knows is what those former board members wanted us to believe....
LOL

Gate City, VA

#19 May 11, 2012
Some people are going to eat crow in the end, just because Kingsport Times writes it mean it's true. In the end some people will wish they kept there money in their pocket. People think money can buy everything but I'm afraid they will find out they were wrong. The joke will not be on Scott County but on 1 family in Scott County.
roper

United States

#20 May 11, 2012
GC Citizen wrote:
I hope this does goto court, as Ms. J might have to tell the truth for a change and the only school board members that will be sweating, will be the ones her daddy bought and paid for. Mr. C is the one whose gonna come out looking like a fool when he finds out the truth about his daughter.
. Excuse me when did you or anyone else see anything that she was having an affair? Or are you repeating what the former board told you me and everyone else? Who care who paid for what to who to run. Id rather have this new board than the former board any day....even is she had one its not illegal....you think an affair was a murder. So what even if they proved it its not a crime...However, hiring a sexual predator to run a school and forging his credentials are. Harassment and job demotion without a hearing is also illegal. Refusing to tell the public and have a closed session also illegal...(tell me when to stop)..tampering with evidence, illegal, refusing to conduct an audit for missing money, illegal. Misappropiation of funds,illegal. Falseifying evidence,illegal. Hiring non certified teachers, illegal. Free benfits and pay increases for a select few, illegal. And so on and so on....did you know 3 more lawsuits from 3 other teachers are being filed...? Your hung up on an affair? Who cares....wow.. your hung up on election donations? Hell go give the next guy running somebody money and get your point across...its not illegal... but I doubt you'll be able to...who would want it....you can be sued if you do something illegal...and when it goes to court and it will an affair won't matter....the other side has done so much so wrong that the state will take over and no one will run anything.....
roper

United States

#21 May 11, 2012
I wish I did not know wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Baker is all those things. But she fucked him anyway. She only cried harrassment when her husband found out. She is now suing to try to save face. But Dr. J, there are real people ( teachers) who actually need the money they get paid that are going to be hurt by this. I know it's a fairy tale princess fantasy to you, but the rest of us live in the real world. Do everyone a favor and move on down to your Hilton Head mansion and leave Scott County alone.
affairs aren't illegal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gate City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Middle aged man working at Benhams Road trash s... Wed Just wondering 3
Model Photos Needed Wed Timmy 4
sexual assault of eleven yo by two gate city st... Aug 22 Hard to believe 3
whose screwing mkaila sons now Aug 22 Rick 4
Donald Trump? Aug 22 Joe 9
century link is horrible Aug 22 Rick 4
Anyone know mkaila Lin brooks sons Aug 21 gcdevil 4

Gate City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gate City Mortgages