Christians Who Have Concerns About Pu...

Christians Who Have Concerns About Purity & Modesty in Medical Settings

Posted in the Gastonia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
heard enough

Gastonia, NC

#2 Mar 31, 2010
have your husband deliver your baby
leslie

Pierceton, IN

#3 Apr 1, 2010
I agree-I wish my husband cared whether or not my gyno was a male. He is a good doctor but I have always felt that I have "another intimate relationship" in addition to my husband--because I do "submit" this doctor--and he knows more about my sexual response than my husband. If he knew what went on, he would probably care.
againstgaymarrie ages

Kings Mountain, NC

#4 Apr 3, 2010
Medical Patient Modesty.... Let me just say this if you are such a Christian than how can you say no to gay marriages if you want a female ob/gyn. I think it is gross for a women to give me an exam rathar than a male. I feel like I am being molesated by the women. It like natural for a man to be the ob/gyn.

I have to stop and ask myself if you are a ob/gyn and this is why you posted something so off the wall on here.
Medical Patient Modesty

Boone, NC

#5 Apr 4, 2010
againstgaymarrieages wrote:
Medical Patient Modesty.... Let me just say this if you are such a Christian than how can you say no to gay marriages if you want a female ob/gyn. I think it is gross for a women to give me an exam rathar than a male. I feel like I am being molesated by the women. It like natural for a man to be the ob/gyn.
I have to stop and ask myself if you are a ob/gyn and this is why you posted something so off the wall on here.
This is a ridiculous accusation. First of all, I promise you that I'm not an ob/gyn at all. I am an individual who is tired of how patient modesty is often disregarded and I desire to open people's eyes to the truth about male gynecologists. They are not morally above other men.

I am very against homosexuality. I believe that it is a sin.

It is very, very rare for female ob/gyns to be lesbians. You can easily find out if a female ob/gyn is a lesbian by doing research on her personal background. Almost all female ob/gyns are married or desire to get married someday. Most Christian women would not want to see a lesbian ob/gyn at all. I suspect that one female ob/gyn in Tennessee is a lesbian.

Midwives delivered babies in the bible. Most women don't have lustful thoughts toward other women. I am pretty sure that you have no lustful thoughts toward women when you see them scantily dressed. You can see many women's breasts due to the way they dress. Even strongest Christian men struggle with lustful thoughts when they see scantily clothed women. Men are aroused by seeing women's private parts. Many men doctors would never commit sexual misconduct, but they do have impure thoughts when they see women naked.

I believe that God didn't mean for men to be gynecologists period. I think it is bad that they examine and touch private parts of women who they are not married to.

The truth is it is unnecessary to go to the ob/gyn in many cases. For example, virgin women don't need pap smears at all unless they have smoked before. Some women do home pap smears on themselves.
heard enough

Gastonia, NC

#6 Apr 4, 2010
touching.
Freddy

United States

#7 Apr 7, 2010
I prefer a female Doctor giving me a physical. I do not want a male handling me. I am all male and appreciate the female physicians that we have.
observer

Waterloo, Canada

#8 Apr 12, 2010
leslie wrote:
I agree-I wish my husband cared whether or not my gyno was a male. He is a good doctor but I have always felt that I have "another intimate relationship" in addition to my husband--because I do "submit" this doctor--and he knows more about my sexual response than my husband. If he knew what went on, he would probably care.
what goes on. Do you mean just how intmate a pelvic exam is, or is the doctor inappropriate? If your husband asked you to see a woman gyn because he was uncomfortable with male gyn, would you switch, my wife see's a female gyn, but I know what you mean, it would bother me a great deal if another man(and I could care less about the excuse,he is a dr.) Was just as intimate with my wife as I am.
observer

Waterloo, Canada

#9 Apr 12, 2010
heard enough wrote:
have your husband deliver your baby
how about a mid wife, or woman gyn.
Medical Patient Modesty

Mountain City, TN

#10 Apr 12, 2010
observer wrote:
<quoted text> how about a mid wife, or woman gyn.
It would be best for a female ob/gyn or a midwife to deliver a baby. But I personally think that a husband should attempt to deliver his wife's baby rather than using a male ob/gyn if no female midwife or ob/gyn was available.
Frankie

Casar, NC

#11 Apr 14, 2010
You are a nut case.

Since: May 10

Kings Mountain, NC

#12 May 10, 2010
What a NUT!!!! You are really OUT THERE!!!!!
Tony

Vale, NC

#13 May 11, 2010
If you are hurting enough, you won't give a damn who helps you!!!
MS III

United States

#14 Jun 25, 2010
Let me pose a very important personal question to you, " Do you use birth control ? " Public answer not required. Holding to your Christian faith, I hope not and surely not since you know of Randy Alcorn.

Birth control is an abortifacient. Meaning it can cause a developing being to be killed in the early stages of life much in the same way as any gruesome abortion but without seeing the graphic nature of the act. A life is taken!

I am a medical student and in the state where I live, there is only one OB/Gyn that I know of that refuses to prescribe birth control for this reason and is public about this fact. She is extremely busy do to this fact, which is great, but it can require patients to wait weeks and even months before they are able to see her and she is not getting any younger. Who is going to take that position in her place when she retires?

If you feel that Christian woman shouldn't go to a male OB/GYN you should feel the same way that Christians should not go to physicians that prescribe a drug that can kill the unborn.

As I said, I attend the largest medical university in my state that only has two and few female graduating medical students are becoming OB/GYN physicians.

I'll pose another personal question not requiring response, " During menstrual bleeding have you used a tampon as opposed to a pad? " Holding to your strict line of reasoning concerning Godly righteous requirements, I again hope not. Because with your line of reasoning and Leslie Ludy's reasoning, tampon use would seem to be unbiblical as well. Again with your reasoning, it would seem to defile oneself and be dishonoring to your husband as you presume a male OB/GYN to be.

I suggest you begin to understand more about the medical field and its practices before you jump to conclusions about its practices and its members. I am a Christian and a medical student, and I agree physicians are not morally above other men. However, they are trained to perform procedures in the most mechanistic way with the greatest and highest regard and respect for patient modesty. As a male medical student, I have had to conduct procedures that you would consider intimate, but I have not once that of it as an intimate procedure although realizing it requires great regard for modesty and respect of the Patient. But the way I conduct myself concerning modesty is no different between a male or female. It is regardless of the physician's gender, and all Patients deserve to be treated with the highest regard concerning modesty and appropriateness with every procedure.

I agree not all males physicians should presume to be OB/GYN especially those that are not Christians because they have no guidance from the Word of God, however a true Christian is guided and controlled by the Holy Spirit giving one self-control as the Word proclaims. If we are to call the Bible infallible than we are to believe what it says it has giving us. If a man feels led to be in such an amazing field as OB/GYN for so many Godly reasons, which is not only about working with babies, than who are you to condemn and judge him.

The field of OB/GYN allows a physician to treat two patients at once where no other field of medicine offers such an opportunity. Furthermore, no other field allows one to bring life into the world while providing medical safety to the health of the mother who could be a high risk pregnancy. No other field requires both general and surgical medical expertise as OB/GYN. As I hope you can see, there are plenty of reasons why a male medical student would admire and be drawn to the field of OB/GYN. I could go on but I hope you that none of these would involve perversion as you presume.

Being in medical school, unfortunately there is not an overwhelming majority of students that follow the Christian faith. Therefore, a responsibility falls on the shoulders of those that believe and have such an opportunity to be in the medical profession.

I suggest u attack pornography
MS III

United States

#15 Jun 25, 2010
Medical Patient Modesty wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a ridiculous accusation. First of all, I promise you that I'm not an ob/gyn at all. I am an individual who is tired of how patient modesty is often disregarded and I desire to open people's eyes to the truth about male gynecologists. They are not morally above other men.
I am very against homosexuality. I believe that it is a sin.
It is very, very rare for female ob/gyns to be lesbians. You can easily find out if a female ob/gyn is a lesbian by doing research on her personal background. Almost all female ob/gyns are married or desire to get married someday. Most Christian women would not want to see a lesbian ob/gyn at all. I suspect that one female ob/gyn in Tennessee is a lesbian.
Midwives delivered babies in the bible. Most women don't have lustful thoughts toward other women. I am pretty sure that you have no lustful thoughts toward women when you see them scantily dressed. You can see many women's breasts due to the way they dress. Even strongest Christian men struggle with lustful thoughts when they see scantily clothed women. Men are aroused by seeing women's private parts. Many men doctors would never commit sexual misconduct, but they do have impure thoughts when they see women naked.
I believe that God didn't mean for men to be gynecologists period. I think it is bad that they examine and touch private parts of women who they are not married to.
The truth is it is unnecessary to go to the ob/gyn in many cases. For example, virgin women don't need pap smears at all unless they have smoked before. Some women do home pap smears on themselves.
I would advise you not to give medical advice unless you are trained to do so. Although I am myself in the latter stages of training to become a physician, I am not yet qualified to give such advice. You put women in harms way, and frankly you are wrong. Thank you.
Medical Patient Modesty

Boone, NC

#16 Jun 28, 2010
MS III wrote:
Let me pose a very important personal question to you, " Do you use birth control ? " Public answer not required. Holding to your Christian faith, I hope not and surely not since you know of Randy Alcorn.
Birth control is an abortifacient. Meaning it can cause a developing being to be killed in the early stages of life much in the same way as any gruesome abortion but without seeing the graphic nature of the act. A life is taken!
This is not related to patient modesty or male gynecologists, but I felt like I should respond to this.

You are actually referring to birth control pills. I do believe that sometimes birth control pills indeed can cause chemical abortions. I personally have reservations about birth control pills. Some of my friends or family members have used or currently use birth control pills. I have done some research and I cannot conclude that birth control pills ALWAYS cause chemical abortions . There are many different kinds of birth control pills. If a birth control pill works to keep a woman from ovulating, then it is okay. The problem is birth control pills work differently with each woman. I have a friend who was on birth control pills and she got pregnant. Her son is very healthy. There is a way for a woman to determine if she ovulates or not. The reason sometimes birth control pills fail to stop ovulation is because women don't take birth control pills the right way.

I have heard different sources of information about this issue. I have read some information from Randy Alcorn, Focus on Family, and other Christian sources. I just cannot conclude that birth control pills always cause chemical abortions because I am sure that there are some women who have never ovulated while on birth control pills.

I have a problem with birth control pills if they fail to prevent ovulation. If a woman doesn't ovulate, she cannot conceive. I don't like the idea of birth control pill killing a fertilized egg.
Medical Patient Modesty

Boone, NC

#17 Jun 28, 2010
MS III wrote:
As I said, I attend the largest medical university in my state that only has two and few female graduating medical students are becoming OB/GYN physicians.
I'll pose another personal question not requiring response, " During menstrual bleeding have you used a tampon as opposed to a pad? " Holding to your strict line of reasoning concerning Godly righteous requirements, I again hope not. Because with your line of reasoning and Leslie Ludy's reasoning, tampon use would seem to be unbiblical as well. Again with your reasoning, it would seem to defile oneself and be dishonoring to your husband as you presume a male OB/GYN to be.
I suggest you begin to understand more about the medical field and its practices before you jump to conclusions about its practices and its members. I am a Christian and a medical student, and I agree physicians are not morally above other men. However, they are trained to perform procedures in the most mechanistic way with the greatest and highest regard and respect for patient modesty. As a male medical student, I have had to conduct procedures that you would consider intimate, but I have not once that of it as an intimate procedure although realizing it requires great regard for modesty and respect of the Patient. But the way I conduct myself concerning modesty is no different between a male or female. It is regardless of the physician's gender, and all Patients deserve to be treated with the highest regard concerning modesty and appropriateness with every procedure.
I agree not all males physicians should presume to be OB/GYN especially those that are not Christians because they have no guidance from the Word of God, however a true Christian is guided and controlled by the Holy Spirit giving one self-control as the Word proclaims. If we are to call the Bible infallible than we are to believe what it says it has giving us. If a man feels led to be in such an amazing field as OB/GYN for so many Godly reasons, which is not only about working with babies, than who are you to condemn and judge him.
The field of OB/GYN allows a physician to treat two patients at once where no other field of medicine offers such an opportunity. Furthermore, no other field allows one to bring life into the world while providing medical safety to the health of the mother who could be a high risk pregnancy. No other field requires both general and surgical medical expertise as OB/GYN. As I hope you can see, there are plenty of reasons why a male medical student would admire and be drawn to the field of OB/GYN. I could go on but I hope you that none of these would involve perversion as you presume.
Being in medical school, unfortunately there is not an overwhelming majority of students that follow the Christian faith. Therefore, a responsibility falls on the shoulders of those that believe and have such an opportunity to be in the medical profession.
I suggest u attack pornography
Your medical school must be an exception because I have done research and it looks like about 80% to 90% of ob/gyn residents are female now.
I am very puzzled about why you think Leslie Ludy and I would be against tampons. Tampons are just applicators that help to hold blood. This is personal hygiene. Tampons are better than pads in some situations such as when women swim. You cannot compare tampons to a male gynecologist. It makes no sense about why you think we might be against tampons. We feel that the only man who should examine and see private parts of a woman should be her husband.
I don't think it is appropriate for men to be gynecologists under any circumstances even if they are Christians. There are so many other specialties they could choose from. As for men who have an interest in babies, they should look at becoming a Neontalogist. Premature babies need good doctors to help them to fight for their lives.
Medical Patient Modesty

Boone, NC

#18 Jun 28, 2010
Let me ask you a personal question. Why is it not okay for other good Christian men in other professions as pastor, plumber, and psychologist to touch and examine private parts of another woman who he is not married? The name of medicine doesn't make it right for a man for examine private part sof another woman. I encourage you to pray about taking a stand and never doing intimate procedures on women again. We need doctors and nurses who will take a bold stand to not do intimate procedures on the opposite sex. I got an email from a nursing student who faced a dilemma earlier this year. I will share some of it with you.

Look at some things the Christian nursing student shared:

I am a Christian, and both my husband and I only see doctors/nurses of the same sex. We feel strongly regarding patient modesty that intimate procedures should only be performed by the same sex health care professionals. Right now I am in a dilemma though because I am also a first semester nursing student. Right now I am learning intimate procedures that are meant to be performed on both male and female patients. I have spoken to my professors asking if I can only perform these skills on female patients and so far have stared at me like I have two heads. When did it become okay for health professionals to perform intimate procedures on the opposite sex?
Tinker

Stanley, NC

#20 Jun 29, 2010
Medical Patient Modesty,

Get some help for yourself, you a a sick damn woman!!!
Jake

Morganville, NJ

#21 Jul 1, 2010
Male medical students aspiring to become gynecologists ARE creepy and perverted. Seriously, who are you trying to fool? There is more than enough dishonesty in that profession as it is. Male gynecologists say they only want to help women and that they NEVER get aroused doing well woman exams. Seriously? This to me is dishonest and I really do feel sorry for the young women out there that go for their annual and the examiner is male and he becomes aroused, then denies it. These girls are told that the exam is not sexual and that the examiner "see's so many women he doesn't even notice anymore". What a load of BS. Young male med student, one day you may have a daughter. How would you feel if her first pelvic exam left her in tears and the examiner was a male who was sporting an erection after giving her a breast exam and inserting his fingers into her vagina?

So you want to become a doctor, you pick the one field where all the patients are female and you only examine breasts and vaginas. Medical Patient Modesty is not a sick woman. You aspiring male gynecologists have some real soul searching to do. I suggest you read "Women and Doctors" by John M. Smith. He was a gynecologist and gave up the profession because he realized that men have no business doing intimate exams on female patients. Pick a real profession where you can make a difference. Cervical cancer is not an epidemic and the world doesn't need another male gynecologist fooling women into unneccesary pap smears and breast exams.
Center Street Advice

Charlotte, NC

#23 Jul 5, 2010
LOL LOL LOL....you f*cking hypocrites! Look at the website, they sell advertising space!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gastonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dr who prescribes pain medication for chronic m... (Jul '13) 6 hr Littlest j 17
News Gaston College instructor arrested in online te... (Apr '09) Tue pissed off 12
Gaston co man raped Lincolnton teen Dec 2 pissed off 1
Rev michael adkins Dec 2 Rev Michael adkins 1
News Police: Man used wire-wrapped bat for assault U... Nov 24 Livia fred 1
News Program aims at rehabilitation over incarceration Nov 19 Shea Shires 1
News Gaston County planning new school in Belmont Up... Nov 19 Shea Shires 1

Gastonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gastonia Mortgages