IQ average (90) For Law Enforcement
Willie PSYCHO

Vista, CA

#107 Sep 18, 2012
My dad was a cop for almost 20 years. He told me all kinds of shit that they pulled on the New Orleans PD, All cops are good at making up lies and covering up bullshit. Yes a lot
of them are on drugs, love the confiscation parties, etc etc. Everyone knows about it, they usually get away with it, but when they get caught the pay dearly. Any jackass can pass
the test and get through the police academy.
3rd Degree

Huntersville, NC

#108 Sep 30, 2012
The Real Facts wrote:
Oh yeah, forgot to mention my IQ scores or in the 120s on every test I have taken.
WOW One would think with an IQ of 120+ you would be smart enough to look over what you post but most of all you would at least know how to structure a sinple sentence.

So your IQ scores ( OR )in the 120's LMAO

For your information and this is easy to confirm, well for most people who can read & write it is easy for you who knows, but the crime rate in both the city & county are at their lowest in 2 decades
ex-cop alert

Lewisville, TX

#109 Oct 4, 2012
totally screwed wrote:
I dont live in your city but I was a police officer for over 30 years and the only thing I can say is maybe you need to try living with out a police department for awhile and then maybe you would understand what they do and how much even the law abiding citzens need them. Most of the people that complain are the one that were the class clowns and idiots when they were young and only grew up worst. The police officers that were hired were not robots they are human they make mistakes but take care of that mistake dont cut down the tree because of a few bad apples. Not all are bad and stupid some are in it because they are here to help and they do care. O and try living on their pay and raise a family.
I can't believe that you decided to pass up an obvious carrer as an Enlish professor in order to become a cop.
Dustin

Bothell, WA

#110 Mar 29, 2013
Requirements vary from department to department. It is rare that only a diploma is the required education, very often a 2 year associates or 4 year bachelors are required. And no, you dummies, it doesn't HAVE to be in criminal justice. It can be in anything from psychology to physics. Also, there is a intensive background check, for Job history (good employment record, not being fired ever) credit history (are you fiscally responsible and have the wisdom and finical sense to stay out of debt, stay current with taxes, and have a good credit score) education (GPA, attendance, extra curricular activities, SAT scores) criminal record (some agencies won't even consider you if you have so much as more than one accident or speeding ticket within five years of your application, much less a misdemeanor, for Seattle, it's no misdemeanors within 10 years of application, for a state trooper it's none at all, ever) personal history (friends, coworkers, employers, family, etc.) and at least five stron
g personal references, usually ten from equally upstanding members of the community) and no drugs. Period. And no psychological issues. Period. And passing a polygraph about drugs, or fights or any Morally or ethically questionable behavior. If you lie once even about kicking a dog as a kid, or putting a tack on the teachers chair, youre disqualified. If in psychological exam (given by an outside psychologist, mind you, not a police psychologist) you shiw aggresion, resentment, apathy, narcissim, depression, mania, anger,you are again dusqualified. And even if you pass all of this, you still may not qualify. I'm not sure where you get your info, oh yeah "the Internet" cause that's always so reliable, but perhaps actually contact a law enforcement office and, i don't know, apply? See what the process is. And when you are rejected, because your self proclaimed big brains couldn't match wits with the polices puny ones as you say, you might keep your mouth shut. are there ignorant police officers? Yes. Dumb ones? Sure. Power trippers? Definitely. But is that the rule? No. They are the exception. Now please, shut up. Or AT LEAST look into what actually goes into becoming an officer, much less a detective, or Sargent, or a member of CSI, or SWAT. Then when you've actually talked to a few officers, gone to their websites and looked into their requirements, then talk shit. Now if you had a bad run in with the police, was it because the police are bad, or were you, in some way, breaking the law? Think about it. Also, there is no way to know the average IQ of law enforcement officers. That is not a standard test, nor are its results public knowledge, they are protected scores when given (confidential, dig?) and are not given often enough to build statistical data. It's bogus info. Just like the ads of Facebook "dr.house has an iq of 139, Barack Obama has an iq of 128, can you beat them?" please. Don't be dummies. We get it ok, you guys hate cops and love pot. That's great, but stop playing jr.therapist throwing blanket statements about police officers all being bullied messes exacting revenge on society. That's silly.
Dustin

Bothell, WA

#111 Mar 29, 2013
One more thing, just so I drive this home, there are two scales for rating IQ scores that are commonly given in today's psychological community. The Weschler scale and the Stanford-Binet. Both of which are very different approaches in the measure of intelligence. Both of which are costly tests to give, costly in time, costly emotionally, and costly financially. To get tested for IQ is not a "cheap and easy" process. They are continually updated and changed to help deter cheating and incorrect scoring. IQ determines basic visual, spatial, and logical reasoning ability and the speed with which one can problem solve. That being said, the Stanford Binet scale puts genius or near genius at 140 or above. The weschler puts exceptional or superior at 130 and above and does not score higher than 145. These ridiculous claims of "160" and above are sensationalized and totally untrue. The reason I bring this up is that the weschler is a more common test, so more than likely if there was a "average score" for police, which there isn't, it would be a weschler standard. Also, no agency would spend the hundreds of thousands it would take to retrieve a score which has no bearing on an officers ability to do his job. Why would they? It's a waste of resources. So no, there is no "average iq for police." the average is just that. Average. Now please let's drop this ridiculous subject. Man.
Benjamin White

Charlotte, NC

#112 Mar 30, 2013
everybody knows you have to have a low iq to run around looking for trouble no matter the uniform its a bully mentality just hope its not the punk bully that got bullied first as we all know it goes for the extroverted low self esteem attention seeking hall monitor cop of "modern times".im telling daddy you looked at his dirty books or insert indiscretion here--->() and telling mama all his secrets so she can tell her lovers?
Clifton

Story, WY

#113 Aug 4, 2013
A higher standard is definitely needed. Mostly to prevent murders committed by police, which seem to be a pretty common occurrence these days...especially when the people being murdered are unarmed and/or somehow defenseless. Police are self-entitled brats with deadly weapons. All these overly militarized police forces need to be drastically reduced, and have their toys taken away. In all reality it probably wouldn't matter if there was an IQ limit or not, most people who choose to become cops are un-enlightened half-wits with extreme superiority issues. Little crybaby bitches.
Anonymous

Milwaukee, WI

#114 Sep 8, 2013
Garrison wrote:
Hmmmmm. How interesting. Go check Gaston County Police's website. To be a County Police Officer, the first pre-requisite is "Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree is required". Now, for you backwood, ignorant rednecks who can't say pre-requisite, let alone spell it, it means "something that is required before something else is possible". In other words, you have to have a 4 year degree from college before you can be hired. Last time I checked, colleges just don't give 4 year degrees to anyone and you have to have some smarts to get one.
Last time I checked, studies showed that most college seniors knew less after they graduated than they did when they were freshmen. Also, there are tons of colleges out there that are "easy" to graduate from if you can pay for them.
Anonymous

Milwaukee, WI

#115 Sep 8, 2013
3rd Degree wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW One would think with an IQ of 120+ you would be smart enough to look over what you post but most of all you would at least know how to structure a sinple sentence.
So your IQ scores ( OR )in the 120's LMAO
For your information and this is easy to confirm, well for most people who can read & write it is easy for you who knows, but the crime rate in both the city & county are at their lowest in 2 decades
You have a lot of typos yourself there, but, that said, I completely agree. If you are going to boast about how smart you are, you had better do it correctly. He was probably lying about his scores though.
Jim

Tampa, FL

#116 Nov 27, 2013
Endured Police Brutality wrote:
My title says it all. All cops are cowards, liars and criminals. Those who do not commit crimes themselves, watch others break the law and help them cover it up by remaining silent or outright lying. Therefore, there is no such thing as a good cop.
And as for the amazing claims of a 152 IQ or a 147 IQ with high school diplomma, give me a break. So you are claiming to have an IQ in the top 0.05% of the population and you are a cop? LIAR. That you have to make up such an outrageous statement just proves your absolute stupidity.
All cops are bad cops. No cop, even if they do something good is a good person. Why? Because they knowingly allow other cops to commit crimes, illigal acts against private citizens. A badge and a gun equals a dangerous criminal. Place the guns in the hands of citizens and there willl be peace. In the hands of criminals and there is tyranny. Guess which one cops create?
Sounds like maybe you got your ass tossed in jail for DUI or maybe you beat up your girlfriend and the cops arrested you. The average law abiding citizen doesn't have the kind of hate you have for cops. Or maybe you wanted to be a cop and applied, but when they got a look at your creative spelling, they decided to go another direction perhaps?
Jim

Tampa, FL

#117 Nov 27, 2013
I am a cop and I can tell you that none of this BS matters. Cops are people just like your mothers/brothers/fathers/siste r etc., and it is expected that they will have about the same variance of IQ as seen in the population. There are some dumb cops, some smart cops and a whole lot with just about average intelligence. If it makes you feel better to assume that most cops are dumber than the average person, then go on and believe it but that is simply you proving your own purposeful ignorance.
Jim

Tampa, FL

#118 Nov 27, 2013
Clifton wrote:
A higher standard is definitely needed. Mostly to prevent murders committed by police, which seem to be a pretty common occurrence these days...especially when the people being murdered are unarmed and/or somehow defenseless. Police are self-entitled brats with deadly weapons. All these overly militarized police forces need to be drastically reduced, and have their toys taken away. In all reality it probably wouldn't matter if there was an IQ limit or not, most people who choose to become cops are un-enlightened half-wits with extreme superiority issues. Little crybaby bitches.
Actually these "murders" you speak of by police are anything but common. There are literally hundreds or millions of police encounters per year yet we only end up with a handful of police being accused of "murder" during this same time period.

You call cops cry-baby bitches, but who is on a forum airing their grievances anonymously to a bunch of strangers like a coward? Your broad characterizations are no better than a racist saying that all blacks are criminals because they are over-represented in the prison population.
godsSon

United States

#119 Feb 14, 2014
Queen Bitch wrote:
<quoted text>
With relation to Gastonia NC, I can only imagine what the IQ standard is.
On a personal note, I feel safer with my cat guarding my home than the local Gastonia police. A few examples:
A young Mother sat on her front porch (tacky), while a small toddler was in the driveway with some 9-10 year olds that were "playing with fireworks". The toddler was terribly close to the fireworks...and the Mother just sat there looking through a magazine. Then one of the older children lit a firecracker and threw it at the feet of the toddler...still the Mom did nothing. After I retrieved my mail from the box, I went back into the house and phoned the police. About 15 minutes later a police car approached..stopped briefly while the passenger cop, spoke out of his window and they drove off. Later that evening the kids were back to their fireworks...
There are more...not to mention all of the high speed chases on busy streets...or are they really chases or just over-eager cops trying to get to the nearest convenience store to flirt with the clerks?
Your a snitch haha

FTP they are truly ignorant naive and most of all stupid. They couldn't catch a cold for crying out loud
And then you have the dirty cops nothing worse than greasy swine oink oink officer piggy
Then there is the all American pig the one who has never done anything wrong and will do what's right every chance he's got almost like he's in an ass kissing contest against himself for gods love

I agree with Timmy otoole how can you enforce laws you agree with ?
Cops are punks they are quick to arrest someone and treat EVERYONE as if they are the criminal this justice system is backwards and there is no true search for justice nowadays everything has a recipe or equation there is a standard protocol for crimes no real justice
And what's worse is drug dealers get the harshest penalties and murderers and rapists get less time than a dealer save your drugs kill people talk bcuz so doesn't the us govt the same ppl who wrote the laws breaks them how does that work?
Ralph Mouth

Gastonia, NC

#120 Feb 15, 2014
godsSon wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a snitch haha
FTP they are truly ignorant naive and most of all stupid. They couldn't catch a cold for crying out loud
And then you have the dirty cops nothing worse than greasy swine oink oink officer piggy
Then there is the all American pig the one who has never done anything wrong and will do what's right every chance he's got almost like he's in an ass kissing contest against himself for gods love
I agree with Timmy otoole how can you enforce laws you agree with ?
Cops are punks they are quick to arrest someone and treat EVERYONE as if they are the criminal this justice system is backwards and there is no true search for justice nowadays everything has a recipe or equation there is a standard protocol for crimes no real justice
And what's worse is drug dealers get the harshest penalties and murderers and rapists get less time than a dealer save your drugs kill people talk bcuz so doesn't the us govt the same ppl who wrote the laws breaks them how does that work?
Don't get me started, but I will say that Cheat Franklin factually has an IQ below 80. Went to SPHS with the fat slob and he only got his diploma for his corrupt connections. FACT!!!!! The same way he became Cheat Frank--Nepotism anyone? When does he step down? Anyone? And he can take that bald piece of shit Lt. with him too. He is one of the few bad apples---FACT!!!!
Doctor Roof

San Antonio, TX

#121 Feb 23, 2014
Garrison wrote:
Hmmmmm. How interesting. Go check Gaston County Police's website. To be a County Police Officer, the first pre-requisite is "Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree is required". Now, for you backwood, ignorant rednecks who can't say pre-requisite, let alone spell it, it means "something that is required before something else is possible". In other words, you have to have a 4 year degree from college before you can be hired. Last time I checked, colleges just don't give 4 year degrees to anyone and you have to have some smarts to get one.
Are you saying that someone with a college degree is guaranteed NOT to be an idiot? Are you a policeman?
Average Joe

Springfield, MO

#122 Feb 25, 2014
I feel it is a common misconception that everyone needs college to because a police officer. I know this because I had a few friends during freshman year of college who failed out after one year, and decided to become state troopers for the state of Missouri. To give you an idea of how recent this was i am now a senior in college and they just became state troopers with only one semester of passed classes. I know this is not always the case and sometimes they will turn people away but it is just some food for thought. What is supposed to happen and what actually happens are to different things.

“If citizens cannot trust that laws will be enforced in an evenhanded and honest fashion, they cannot be said to live under the rule of law. Instead, they live under the rule of men corrupted by the law.”
&#8213; Dale Carpenter
Dean

Melbourne, FL

#123 May 20, 2014
I am afraid I have to say the majority are bad. I didn't always think this way but a little reasoning changed my mind. All cops know what the other ones do, they sit around and tell their stories to each other. Yet the minority stand up against the stories of wrong doing. That in turn makes them accessories to the fact making them bad. The minority that do are usually fired or forced out making good cops even more of a minority.
JRR

Chippewa Falls, WI

#124 May 25, 2014
The Facts wrote:
Recent studies determined that the average IQ for law enforcement nationwide is at the critical side of low.
National spokesperson William (Bill) Lowery stated that the reasons are clear. It has nothing to do with the very low wages. It's all about the position of power. We seem to attract the people that need to feel superior to the average citizen.
Everyone of higher intelligence seek better pay with less confrontation. City and county police are by far the lowest. Then State and Federal. Studies show that each officer should be appointed insted of hired. This puts pressure for a higher level of law enforcement on a board of elected officials.
Why didn't you post the "recent studies" you are talking about?
Paco Pinto

San Antonio, TX

#125 May 26, 2014
For most, being on the take is a way of life.
jmoney

Joliet, IL

#126 Jan 6, 2015
The Real Facts wrote:
First of all in response to the "firecracker" incident; COPS ARE NOT BABYSITTERS!!! They do not have time nor the desire to replace good ol’ fashion parenting. There are numerous parents, neighbors etc. who will call the police to “straighten up” the local kids. If they are committing a crime, call the police. Otherwise, let’s find the real blame here in Mom and Dad (if he is still around). Don’t get me wrong I understand your concern and frustration and would it have been me responding I would have treated the situation a little differently.
Grouping all police officers into high speed chasing low IQ idiots is not only unfair it’s ignorant. Typically I have found that the departments that attract the best officers offer the best pay, incentives, work environment etc. If you are unhappy with your police department or its officers do something about it. We have this little thing called an election every few years and that is the time to make your voice heard and demand better for your police officers therefore attracting better police officers.
“To stop the murdering we need a higher standard of law enforcement.” Ok, not sure this deserves a response but I’ll give it a shot. To stop the murdering you speak of people need to not kill other people. Police cannot be everywhere! They cannot assign an officer to every person/household to make sure some husband doesn’t kill his wife or prevent a gang member from assaulting a citizen. It is just not possible and that my friends would be called a “policed state” which I’m sure nobody wants (even though I’m sure someone will say it already is, also ignorant).
You're just a tad naive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gastonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Put some mac makeup on a pig..it's still a pig 5 hr T-850model 2
Darlene Johnson and Bud known as Ronald Johnson Fri Darlene 13
Randy Wilson Oct 17 wanda rv 1
Boost Oct 8 Sab 1
News Confederate flag, monument rally set for Saturd... (Aug '15) Oct 4 Hardcider 12
sex in gastonia (Sep '13) Sep 30 Fatjames69 21
News Last Place on Earth closing Sep 30 Josieblue 14

Gastonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gastonia Mortgages